LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M9750 BIOS

Guest Rumbo

I'm at my wits end here.I've bought an M9750 and can't access my hive because i don't have the login details and the previous owner does'nt either....i want the latest bios to do windows 7 justice with 4gb ram as it only recognises 2.5 gig.....Please can somebody give me the latest bios or login details for my hive....there's a drink in it for you too,i will sort it via paypal:)....my mail addy is below....

stitch626sw@aol.com

Many thanks people and a Happy New Year to all!

Simon

Guest dewman50

I'm at my wits end here.I've bought an M9750 and can't access my hive because i don't have the login details and the previous owner does'nt either....i want the latest bios to do windows 7 justice with 4gb ram as it only recognises 2.5 gig.....Please can somebody give me the latest bios or login details for my hive....there's a drink in it for you too,i will sort it via paypal:)....my mail addy is below....

stitch626sw@aol.com

Many thanks people and a Happy New Year to all!

Simon

I hive a my hive account for a 9750 and they do not have any bios updates listed that will do what you are asking. If you are running windows 7 32 bit you will not see 4gb ram. You will need to run the 64 bit windows 7. The bad thing is alienware does no offer any drivers for 64 bit anything on the 9750. I buy build and sell alienware laptops

Guest Murray

I hive a my hive account for a 9750 and they do not have any bios updates listed that will do what you are asking. If you are running windows 7 32 bit you will not see 4gb ram. You will need to run the 64 bit windows 7. The bad thing is alienware does no offer any drivers for 64 bit anything on the 9750. I buy build and sell alienware laptops

I just upgraded to Win7 64-bit on my 9750. Before I loaded it tech support said not to flash the BIOS, so I didn't. Once installed I loaded all the drivers up and still can only address 3 GB of RAM. I called tech support and got a guy who had difficulty pronouncing words in English and seemed to read the same response off a card every time I asked a question...frustrating. I flashed to the latest "Vista" bios (0C03) and it has not resolved the RAM addressing issue. I might reinstall Win7 to see if that helps.

To get the Win7 64-bit drivers into the Alien Support KB and search for keyword 6050. You will get a link to them.

Murray

Guest Paul Dunn

One thing i have found out since i got my m9750 last month is that the chipset only goes up to 3 gb, on mine i have 4gb of ram installed. On windows 7 it shows the the 4 GB of ram, but out to the side it says only 3 GB usable.

• 1 year later...
Guest JaguarPriestess

Hello, I am in need of the 0C03 Bios and could you tell me how to install it. Thank you very much