LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Possibility of having 3D Vision Discover on laptops?

SillyHoney

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum :)

I have an Alienware M17x with GTX 260M SLI. I have just found out that nVidia has offer a 3D Vision solution for people who do not have 120MHz screen called 3D Vision Discover and I think it enable us who do not own a new Asus to have 3D experience on our laptops.

I tried to install 3D Vision driver from nVidia website but I couldn't because of incompatible hardware.

The "incompatible hardware" error is ridiculous since we all know that the new Asus which has 3D Vision feature is embed with a GTX 260M.

So it's obviously nVidias's attempt to prevent people who do not own a new Asus to benefit from their technology (maybe there is some sort of contract between nVidia and Asus)

It means there is maybe a trick to bypass the nVidia check and get the 3D Vision driver to work on other laptops rather than Asus.

So how deep do you guys dig into this? Is there a solution for me to get 3D Vision on my Alienware?

Thank you :)

Edited by SillyHoney

I cant remember on which driver I could run the test to check my screen, even tho I have a 8400 GT

You can install the drivers without any problem but with this drivers 195.39 Im having problems

with the control panel.

http://rapidshare.com/files/329583055/Asd.rar.html

Just install and the new tab will appear in the nVidia menu.

I cant remember on which driver I could run the test to check my screen, even tho I have a 8400 GT

You can install the drivers without any problem but with this drivers 195.39 Im having problems

with the control panel.

http://rapidshare.com/files/329583055/Asd.rar.html

Just install and the new tab will appear in the nVidia menu.

Yup! The 190.38 is the last one that still works. I installed it but somehow my GTX 260M SLI stops working. But if I use only the integrated card 9400M it works. Everything works included 3D Vision but the performance is poor.

Any idea why the 190.38 screws up my discrete card? I did use the mod inf file.

Thank you!

I got it to work with the 190.38 driver.

Thank you!!!