LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fix for the "ERROR: MXM Structure not found or invalid" POST message

thx1137

Hi,

to silence this bane of all MXM upgraders, look here

As an attachment, here is the modified bios of my NV 9600M GT 1024MB DDR2, Hynix memory chips, green PCB. Beeps are turned off and perf. tables are modified as described in the NightWalker guide.

Update: ok, things moved forward a little bit and now we can do more about this nag screen. Look in this thread

G96M_NBF.zip

Edited by thx1137

Hi,

As an attachment, here is the modified bios of my NV 9600M GT 1024MB DDR2, Hynix memory chips, green PCB. Beeps are turned off and perf. tables are modified as described in the NightWalker guide.

No way man!!! Sir, you are a frickin' GENIUS!!!

I have to try this out myself immediately, I have the 770M Quadro (equivalent to 9600M GT 512MB G-DDR3), so I cant use your Bios...

I can suppress the beeping by pressing Fn+F3 on startup, but your solution sounds definitely better.

Spread the word people, it can be done :) :)

If you remove that 30 secs timeout, too you shall be worshiped as MXM-god :P

Edited by quipster

Hi,

Oh my god, that's fantastic!!! :)

I tried your way to modify my vbios with ida, but i don't know anything about ida and of course i don't want to get a geforce dust catcher :P

I found exactly the same segments you described but as aforesaid i'm not smart enough with ida and i wasn't able to change anything...

could you kindly do this for me if i send my vbios?

update: I made it! I opened my vbios with an hex-editor and searched for the sequences and changed them as you described. After that i also opened the file with nbitor to fix the checksum...

Works perfektly!!! :)

Here my vbios with and without beep... (core/shader/memory are not default! change with nibitor if you want)

by the way, i got a 9600M GT, 512MB GDR3... Samsung chips, Acer Bios...

G96 M.zip

g96M_without_beep.zip

Edited by amiloware

I am glad to hear that someone made a successful use of my guide :)

• 6 months later...

thx1137 I am trying to use your guide but have never done programming before, could you give a link to the programme that you used to change the BIOS. I'm trying to change the BIOS on a 9300m GS.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I just swapped my defective Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 by a Geforce 9600M GT and have been getting the same infamous message.

The driver of the 9600 can't be installed on Windows 7 64bit.

With NVFLASH.EXE I read out the BOS files of the two cards.

BIOS of old card: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TKKKEFF

BIOS of new card: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1P6TP2NH

I just don't know what to change in that file without trashing the card. Tried all the hints and nothing works.

Perhaps you can help me...

Ah, my notebook is an Uniwill X72IA6.

Thank you very much ;-)

Heinz from Germany