• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Nautis1100

• Darmach

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi any chance you can update this driver to include NVIDIA GeForce GT 325M, which is on my ASUS N61JV-X2. The current driver for it does not even include the ability to scale to fit screen, for hdmi-monitor plugging. Since this is an Optimus system (switchable graphics), I can easily scale to my 1920x1080res acer monitor when it is running on the Intel IGP but when Im gaming (which uses the Nvidia GPU), the screen changes back to the laptop's native resolution of 1366x768. So the screen is just a small one in the center of the monitor. If anyone has a workaround to this, please let me know.

I do notice that the in-game resolution can scale to full screen of the 1080p monitor, but doing this will lower the frames per second. And if I use lower resolutions in game, it stays after I exit the game. Long story short, I want to use my laptop's native resolution of 1366x768 and hdmi to my Acer monitor and have it "scale to fit screen" without increasing the resolution setting. My ASUS 1201n netbook has the same native resolution as this laptop and can easily scale itself to the monitor's full screen with its native res.

Also, does you modded driver include size and scaling options? The current driver for GT300m series does not: Optimus driver 189.07. I know this GPU is relatively new with its current support, it feels broken.

Guest hoerem

hey Dox,

I just have to say ONE thing to you :

MUAHAHHA MUAHAHAHAHAHAH MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy ######, i cant believe it. Whatever everyone else says, this driver works absolutely flawless.

I have messed with some drivers from this site a year ago and gave up, didnt work at all, stupid install methods.

However this one, it's like magic. I did not even uninstall first, and just hit Go.

My clevo901c - 2x 9800gt m hybrid SLI - vista x64 - 8gb ram - 3x320gb wants was running the stock drivers from clevo/m-techlaptops before the update.

You are truly |337.

I am eternally grateful. If i can ever return the favor, please ask.

Now i am off to turn on everything and enjoy my games now.

Guest ArjunNed

Hi,

I just wanted to ask (since i didnt browse thru the whole thread yet), is the GT 230M supported? I have an HP dv7t quad.

Cheers.

Guest steve

thank u dox and nautis~ glad u back!!

i used 185 from dox and that was amazing for me and i tried 195 v1.1 with missing x86 files

with my s42 vista x86 but after successful installation just showed me blank screen.

i tried manual install but it still blank :-( . read nautis linked patch for win7 x64 but im using vista x86;

can u guys help me for this problem?

Hi all,

I have a fairly old laptop (a sony VGN-FS 215S), which has an 6200 Go Turbocache, and of course no drivers for vista/7 that support aero.

The XP drivers that sony provides work under 7, but with no aero.

I have tried the drivers of this thread, and in general they work (aero is shown).

But I have sporadic crashes of the display driver. Any ideas?

thank u dox and nautis~ glad u back!!

i used 185 from dox and that was amazing for me and i tried 195 v1.1 with missing x86 files

with my s42 vista x86 but after successful installation just showed me blank screen.

i tried manual install but it still blank :-( . read nautis linked patch for win7 x64 but im using vista x86;

can u guys help me for this problem?

Assuming its the same issue with 32bit I can make a similar patch but cannot test it. I will try to make one for you and post it.

Hi all,

I have a fairly old laptop (a sony VGN-FS 215S), which has an 6200 Go Turbocache, and of course no drivers for vista/7 that support aero.

The XP drivers that sony provides work under 7, but with no aero.

I have tried the drivers of this thread, and in general they work (aero is shown).

But I have sporadic crashes of the display driver. Any ideas?

Never mind, I installed the driver from here: (the latest one), which seems to has fix the crashes.

DOX, I'm sure you get a ton of emails & thank you's - and yes if you'll allow me to throw mine in there as well - Thanks for your tweaked driver sets - always appreciated.

(not the infamous addendum to the thank you) This is a really minor issue, so minor I'm a little embarrassed to bring it up. Your other posts are so long I figure the answer lies in there some where - and I've googled adding the applet into the control panel - but wanted to ask you - what are the steps to re'add the nvidia control panel applet back into the Win7 control panel? I found a neat link but haven't tried it yet as I was unsure of all of the file(s) that comprise the nvidia applet My link so I thought if you have a few sec's maybe you could help me out.

Again - super minor - the folder you leave on the desktop works fine enough.

Hi all there.

Long time reader, first time poster you got here.

First of all, I want to thank you DOX for your awesome drivers you release so constantly. You're indeed better than the Sony driver download page :)

I have a question, by the way, that might seem a lot stupid, but it scares me.

While ago I've installed a modded driver from here (can't remember the version, thou') and my video card got fried because of overheating. THEY WERE NOT THE LATEST NVIDIA FAULTY DRIVERS

Fortunately my laptop was still under warranty and they replaced the whole motherboard with no issues.

I am the STILL proud owner of a Sony Vaio VGN-NR21Z, that's more than enough for a freelance webdesigner like I am, and for some sporadic WoW raiding.

That baby mounts a 8400M GT videocard.

My question is: is it safe to use this release of your drivers, since I've just format and I was searching for a suitable video driver?

Thanks in advance for any reply

Should "Hybrid SLI" users use the patch for "hybrid graphics"? (X305-Q706 / 9800M GT SLI + 9400M) It may be different since one is about an Intel graphics card.

Guest blackrobin

i was trying out this driver a few days ago. it was not very stable on my XPS m1530 and got BSOD each time it crashes... will try again after a fresh format and windows 7 installation

Should "Hybrid SLI" users use the patch for "hybrid graphics"? (X305-Q706 / 9800M GT SLI + 9400M) It may be different since one is about an Intel graphics card.

I installed the drivers without the patch, and they seem to be working nicely.

Edited by onlyone0001

DOX, you wrote to install 9.09.0408 for PhysX, but there are many new PhysX drivers, including the one on NVIDIA.com (9.09.1112) And newest PhysX drivers found : (9.10.XXXX) . Apparently they're a little bit different from older ones. Do you especially recommend 9.09.0408 ? (Since the newer ones may not be so compatible with Hybrids etc.?)

Edited by onlyone0001

Guest kaylek

May i know any S42 user can install this forceware release successfully ?

I had failed to installed it ~

Even i tried several install this release , when reboot the PC ..this Laptop screen remain dark when go in window 7 desktop screen...HELP~

Guest kaylek

i saw the someone said "install the driver, change the power plan to save power mode and reboot".. then the window 7 will start by saver power plan to avoid black screen ...

how about install this driver with Adapter AC only ?my battery is malfunction now ~

help ~

he drives works fine so far on my 8600m gt, but yesterday i want to watch a hdvid and driver crashes, i can't play any mkv-file with this driver...need help...thx modjo

Guest kaylek

finally,i successful installed this version in my laptop benqS42.

should i keep turn on Test Mode permanent?if turn off the test mode,the driver is failed ...(driver sign failed)

when boot in with test mode ,the hot key allow change save power mode and increase performance mode ...

when click increase performance option,the window not really change the features...it stuck a minutes and remain saver power mode ...

even i click increase performance mode again ,,it is not work ..i open SC2 beta to play ..the graphic is lower setting ..T_T

HELP~

Guest shodanjr_gr

The new Sony Vaio Z series just came out. They use Dynamic Hybrid Graphics, combining an NVidia GT330m with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (the on-die GPU on the Core i5s/i7s). Furthermore, the hybrid graphics switch also has an "auto" setting that toggles between speed and stamina depending on whether the AC adapter is connected.

I tried the provided Dox drivers from this thread and have been unable to get them to work correctly. If I install them outside of safe mode, then the installation fails half way through (I guess during the part where both drivers get initialized, at the point where the nVidia driver starts up). If I install them inside safe mode (by "force-updating" the driver using the "have disk" option) I can get the driver to install and boot. The intel side of graphics works fine but on the nvidia side, I get a very very intense color distortion (basically looks like the colors are inverted) and some weird flickering. Funny thing is, I only get this distortion on the laptop screen. If I connect an external LCD display, it works fine and I get 3D acceleration on it!.

The official driver release from Sony is available here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VPCZ112GX&LOC=3 and the included nvidia driver version is 188.80. If there is a way to get them up to date to 195.62, that would be amazing (personally, I need 195.62 to use some of the nVidia SDKs). The Sony-provided driver binary can be extracted using Universal Extractor.

If anyone is willing to take a stab at this, I would be more than welcome to test the driver on my laptop.

Guest_kaylek, how did you managed to successfully install on S42? My still black screen, going back the previous old version now but still black screen

Edited by Joshua_0718

hey Dox, Thanks for the drivers..

I am a user for s42 with 64bit and I am having problem installing to driver (195.62) itself.. the hybrid does not work at all.. when switched to performance mode, it stays on the screen itself..

So I opted 185.85 and it was fine.

Hope there is something done on the driver to make it work on x64??