LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 195.62

Dox

Dox, can you please make the driver allow you to choose between Higher Performance, High Quality etc in the installer again please?

Balance has just been restored to the universe and you're being all nit-picky. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Hi Dox!! :) Nice to see that you have chosen to continue sharing your talents with us at least occasionally. :) BACK!!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Nautis1100

• Darmach

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am is using Benq Joybook S42.

1)i found bug in Hybrid Graphisc is when in power save mode, i right click and choose Graphics Properties, popup say the "igfxcfg.exe" windows cannot find..

2) when i in power save mode, i hotkey to performance mode, the screen no blink and still in power save mode, cannot change mode

Guest Robbo9999

Hi All, just tried these drivers with an overclocked M1530 (T7250, 4GB RAM, Vista 64, 8600M GT, clocks: 675/1450/1000). Had the stock NVidia 195.62 drivers before. Got to say that these are better than the stock 195.62. For me, on Left 4 Dead 2, I was able to increase shaders from Medium to Very High, before I couldn't go any higher than Medium without stutters! Temperatures are identical to the stock driver. Also tried these drivers in GRID, as good as the stock 195.62 in GRID. 3DMark06 only a few points lower than the stock 195.62. Everything still works like it should do, except better performance in some games as mentioned. I'm keeping these for now. Good job Dox!

Welcome back Dox! I know everyone appreciates the hard work and time you spend optimizing these drivers.

I haven't tried version 1.0 yet, but I'll just wait for version 1.1 since I'm a busy boy! Why hasn't Nvidia contacted you for a job position?!

Again, thank you Dox.

Dox, can you please make the driver allow you to choose between Higher Performance, High Quality etc in the installer again please?

Ha funny you asked that,

that option was planned for this release but I "removed" it at the last minute.

Its still in the installer but there isnt any buttons to apply those settings :)

Hi all - I've tried to install the dox drivers manually, however, after going through the 'have disk' option, I am getting the following error:

88124754.png

Any clues? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times... not sure what to try now.

Hi All, just tried these drivers with an overclocked M1530 (T7250, 4GB RAM, Vista 64, 8600M GT, clocks: 675/1450/1000). Had the stock NVidia 195.62 drivers before. Got to say that these are better than the stock 195.62. For me, on Left 4 Dead 2, I was able to increase shaders from Medium to Very High, before I couldn't go any higher than Medium without stutters! Temperatures are identical to the stock driver. Also tried these drivers in GRID, as good as the stock 195.62 in GRID. 3DMark06 only a few points lower than the stock 195.62. Everything still works like it should do, except better performance in some games as mentioned. I'm keeping these for now. Good job Dox!

Good to hear,thanks

Welcome back Dox! I know everyone appreciates the hard work and time you spend optimizing these drivers.

I haven't tried version 1.0 yet, but I'll just wait for version 1.1 since I'm a busy boy! Why hasn't Nvidia contacted you for a job position?!

Again, thank you Dox.

comming soon... very soon

Hi all - I've tried to install the dox drivers manually, however, after going through the 'have disk' option, I am getting the following error:

88124754.png

Any clues? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times... not sure what to try now.

for which OS?

edit when you browse for the inf select the one in the root folder?

and not in the folder saying "Dox"

Guest Benjamin Wasink

Hi DOX!!

Did you test this driver on your Clevo and is it better than 185.85? And supports it 62 Hertz Refresh rate?

Thank for your hard work!!

Guest ShnikeJSB

I've been using the MobileForce version of these drivers since the end of November. The only problem I have come across with Tony's version (I had no problems installing them) is that I can't get Far Cry 2 to work. But other than that, these drivers are smooth, get good framerates, and have pretty good image quality as well. I definitely like them, and I'm sure Dox's version is good too! :)

Hi Dox, i can not open "NVIDIA Control Panel" in desktop context menu, it says:

---------------------------

NVIDIA Display

The NVIDIA Display Panel extension cannot be created.

Possible reasons include:

Version mismatch. Reinstalling display drivers may solve this problem.

OK

I did uninstall old driver before installing and i did fresh install two times, but control panel still not working. What can i do?

(Windows 7 64bit, nvidia 8400m gt on Sony Vaio FZ11M)

for which OS?

edit when you browse for the inf select the one in the root folder?

and not in the folder saying "Dox"

Hi Dox -

This is for Win7 32bit. I've tried both root folder several times, and then tried the Dox folder just for kicks. Neither work. It's pretty strange...

Guest Xenovidx

I've had absolutely no luck installing these on my XPS M1730, 8700M GT. Everytime i try do it from the device manager screen it just reinstalls another driver even tho i tell it to delete it when i uninstall it.

I've had absolutely no luck installing these on my XPS M1730, 8700M GT. Everytime i try do it from the device manager screen it just reinstalls another driver even tho i tell it to delete it when i uninstall it.

First post, DOX:

UPDATE 2

I worked out why the nvidia setup.exe is not working after you click install.

I shall release a version 1.1 which will:

- Fix setup.exe issue

- Minor fixes to the devices supported database

- Hoping to fix brightness bug for affected gpus

Dox(or anyone),

Well, I'm running in to an issue with not only this driver, but any other driver I install. Basically it all started when I upgraded to win7. I had Dox's 182 drivers on with vista, but when I upgraded, the only drivers that would work were Nvidia's certified 186 notebook drivers or lower. Anything in the 190 series- whether it's certified or not- will not work. I always uninstall old drivers and use driver sweeper in safe mode, etc. I've even tried removing entries from the registry that say "nvidia" in them. The same thing always happens: I either get a BSOD or it doesn't recognize the driver after installation. With this latest Dox driver, I didn't get a BSOD but it didn't recognize the driver.

If I get a BSOD it always says something about DXKRNL.SYS. I've tried researching this as much as possible... I've ran MEMtest with nothing showing anything wrong with my memory.

So, does anyone have any suggestions here? What else can I try? I have an Alienware m15x, with a 9800M gt video card. The nvidia 186 drivers work pretty good.... but I notice issues with empire total war and am really anxious to try updating the drivers to solve the issue. Thanks in advance....

Guest bill spencer

Hi Dox, i can not open "NVIDIA Control Panel" in desktop context menu, it says:

I did uninstall old driver before installing and i did fresh install two times, but control panel still not working. What can i do?

(Windows 7 64bit, nvidia 8400m gt on Sony Vaio FZ11M)

When you install this DOX driver (with the default setup system), it creates a subdirectory to your desktop. Under the subdirectory you find directory "nvcplui". This is the Nvidia Control Panel, and yoy can easily copy it to your desktop.

Thanks DOX. Great driver.

has anyone compared these to the mobile force version of 195.62? those drivers run better for me than any of dox's older drivers.

i'm on an 8700gt

i benched these and official 195.62 drivers along with 186.81 and 82 and the current official ones are only up by 50 3DMarks (06), the framerates in all demos were similar, give or take one. Temperatures have been the same for me, maybe the official ones had 2C less at load

that's why I'm waiting for V1.1, if there isn't much improvement i'll go back to the official ones

i benched these and official 195.62 drivers along with 186.81 and 82 and the current official ones are only up by 50 3DMarks (06), the framerates in all demos were similar, give or take one. Temperatures have been the same for me, maybe the official ones had 2C less at load

that's why I'm waiting for V1.1, if there isn't much improvement i'll go back to the official ones

I found myself a nice set of drivers... they are a moddified set of the 195.62 drivers. I had to put in support for my 8800m GTX in sli but man... I can play Crysis with a mix of High and Very high settings in DX10 at 1680x1050 wwhile averaging about 30 frames per second. Dragon age origins at max runs about 60 to 80 sometimes drops to about 40 in some places.

After deinstall older driver and with driver sweeper clean, installing 195.62 v.1.1 and reboot, with F8 choose "disable driver signiture enforement", the monitor is black, but Windows 7 x64 OS in background work. Without F8 the driver for the hybrid graphics are installed, but not started(without digital signatur).

I have Acer Aspire 5935G, Nvidia GT 240M and Intel GM45, Monitor is WLED, i think, the driver have problem with background LED

Thanks my benchmark increase point, before i use default driver from NVIDIA 195.62, because this best for me, i try dox optimize driver version 195.62 on Toshiba M900 - S339 my point increase 100 point

this a screenshot

75304796.jpg

Thanks dox, this driver support n good for me

Hi Dox

i have installed the 195.62 dox customized on vaio vgn-ar71m came with nvidia video card 8400m gt and it works extremly good.

thanks for your efforts ,i have choused standard sli.

Thanks my benchmark increase point, before i use default driver from NVIDIA 195.62, because this best for me, i try dox optimize driver version 195.62 on Toshiba M900 - S339 my point increase 100 point

this a screenshot

75304796.jpg

Thanks dox, this driver support n good for me

how much was the difference?

Has anyone tried these with an Asus UL30VT I can't seem to get this driver to work with it. If anyones got a fix I'd greatly appeciate it.

Asus UL30VT-A1 black specs:

Intel coreduo2 su7300 1.3ghz@1.7ghz

2gb ddr3

1366x768 LED LCD

210m Nvidia 512mb gpu and intel 4500hd ipg video

intel 1000 BGN wifi

atheos gigabit ethernet

500gb seagate hd

5600mah battery

OMG thanks for the driver DOX * pat on the back * great work mate = )

just install the driver so far so good but it seems runs hotter then other DOX driver.