LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 195.62

Dox

This is my first post on these forums, and I have a question.

Can I overclock with these drivers? I was using the latest mobile drivers from nvidia's website before I installed these, and all my clock settings reverted back to default. I went to switch some clocks back and they remained at factory settings.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Nautis1100

• Darmach

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest asphaltkiller ul80VT

Hy Dox I wanna thank you for your work you're the only one thinking to the numerous ulXX asus users who need an updated video driver!

MANY MANY thanks !!!!

This is my first post on these forums, and I have a question.

Can I overclock with these drivers? I was using the latest mobile drivers from nvidia's website before I installed these, and all my clock settings reverted back to default. I went to switch some clocks back and they remained at factory settings.

Use 6.05_nvidia_system_tools from N'vidia web site or RivaTuner, but latest version unsupported DOX's driver in Win7.

DOX pls make new version(or small patch) of 195 driver for Benq's S42 users. We are waiting for your driver!

Edited by nefx

Hy Dox I wanna thank you for your work you're the only one thinking to the numerous ulXX asus users who need an updated video driver!

MANY MANY thanks !!!!

Guest_asphaltkiller ul80VT_* u managed to get this driver up and running on ULxx series?

After installing Nvidia drivers 195.62 Brightness indicator via hotkeyand Brightness setting stopped working , any suggesting

Guest asphaltkiller ul80VT

Guest_asphaltkiller ul80VT_* u managed to get this driver up and running on ULxx series?

unfortunately not....

was thanking dox for a future release compatible with hybrid graphics....

Guest tonynovasel

Hey you are my hero for providing this driver!

I am on a Voodoo Envy H:171 laptop with 2x 7950 go GTX's 512GB for each card!

I have been trying to play BFBC2 for a week now with no success, until now!

I have installed and deleted about 5 different older drivers but I was getting black screens and crashes,

but you saved the day!

thank you so very much

these drivers have insanely increased my temps

i had no problems running a moderate overclock without laptop cooler at first while gaming for hours (with dox 185.85)

now i can't even play without overclocks for 20 minutes

i tried uninstalling it and going back to dox 185.85 but the heat increase stays

also my ntune doesn't work properly anymore now, overclocking makes the gpu slower now

result before installing (GT130M 1GB GDDR2)

3D mark 06 @stock 6132

3D mark 06 @overclock 7384

3D mark 06 @overclock after this issue 4813

if you know any way to fix it, please help

i used to run 80c at the overclock, now i go 90c within 20 minutes without overclock

it's also 60c in idle now instead of 42~25c

Edited by ChronicNL

NVIDIA DRIVER "FN + ARROW" BRIGHTNESS SOLUTION (WORKAROUND).

Hi guys,

1st time poster, let me know if this should go somewhere else.

I don't know if this affects laptops other than the Acer 6920G, but I have seen a few users describing this problem.

Playing around with the buttons as follows, I able to get it working to a satisfactory level.

THE BRIGHTNESS WORKAROUND BUTTON TECHNIQUE:

1. STOP trying to incrementally decrease brightness like this:

fn + left arrow,

left arrow,

left arrow, etc

2. START incrementally decreasing brightness like THIS, keeping fn pressed the entire time:

fn + F6 + left arrow,

F6 + left arrow,

F6 + left arrow, etc

…This obviously applies to INCREASING brightness too. Just follow the steps using ‘right arrow’ instead of ‘left arrow’.

Ash

where's the physx option at control panel?

it's missing..

i followed the instruction but it wont shown up,,

i try it on gpuz

there's no check on physx neither..

but thx dox

hope it will be fixed soon

(sorry for my bad english)

WOW. This driver is pure awesomeness (like DOX :) ) gives me in win7 performance index a 5.8 instead of my usual 4.8 in gaming and a 4.9 instead of 4.8 in aero :O

also an increase of +20fps in CSS

and first driver which doesnt flicker for me since 172 acer standart

<3

Welcome back Dox

Installation work perfect but have blank screen when reboot.

Test on benq joybook s42, win 7 x64

Thanks for your good work.

HMoo

Added my card to the inf and installed. No problems in the install but the benchmark results are pretty uninspiring - just like the original 195.62 driver was. And 2D on PowerMizer doesn't work just like with every 19x.xx driver except 191.03.

After multi install/uninstall sessions, system recoveries, several driver sweeper sessions and multiple episodes of driver refusing to install I finally got this driver to install and lo and behold - PowerMizer 2D is working finally...

After multi install/uninstall sessions, system recoveries, several driver sweeper sessions and multiple episodes of driver refusing to install I finally got this driver to install and lo and behold - PowerMizer 2D is working finally...

hey, i'm having the same problem, how did u fix it?

Principally just uninstalled the driver, ran Driver Sweeper in safe mode, installed a new driver (with several failed attempts, as I screwed something - or probably Driver Sweeper left something that interfered). After cleaning with Driver Cleaner Platinum the new driver installed without hiccups.

Welcome Back Dox!

Installed driver with no issues. I did some benchmarks and compared the results with the previous Dox 185.85 driver. Got the same temperatures, the same 3DMark06 Score and the same fps in games with DirectX9. In 3DMarkVantage lost around 200 points and lost around 2fps in games with Directx10.. so i went back to the 185.85. I guess that's it for my Nvidia 9800m GS in terms of driver tweaking.

Anyway thank you Dox and continue the good work. Your work is appreciated.

if another driver fails to install evnthough it installed fine before(no just this one but anyonther)

try this:

go into the inf add a comment line ;

and put a random comment.

like this

; Win7 x86
; Standard Single/SLI
; Try this

save and try again.

Hey, a new trick :)

Guest Berrzebb

Hello Dox.

ASUS ULXXVT Series Forceware 195.62 install next restart black screen only

what is problem?

ULXXVT Series Graphics Intel GMA 4500/Geforce 210M

My OS Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Thx

Guest Tastier

I'm also getting the black screen problem here although in my test at some point I had 195.62 up and running (without restart) and noticed a substantial improvement in Mass Effect 2 performance which makes things even more frustrating. Why oh why did I buy Asus junk, thought I'd have learned my lesson years ago, but no, now I'm at mercy of their haphazard dev team.

- Asus ul30vt