LaptopVideo2Go Forums

300M GPU’s Specifications Compared

mobilenvidia

It's a shame that they aren't DX11. I know there aren't too many games that support this yet, but the capable hardware has to come first. I gather that most of the range are basially renames of the 200 line.

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/01/03/nvidia-mobile-3-series-lose-dx101/

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

It's a shame that they aren't DX11. I know there aren't too many games that support this yet, but the capable hardware has to come first. I gather that most of the range are basially renames of the 200 line.

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/01/03/nvidia-mobile-3-series-lose-dx101/

nVidia.. you got some ESPLAININ to do! So aparently according to that my 9700M GTS is still a bad arse video card??? lol...

Why do I get the feeling from the lack of a new "high-performance" 3xxM part that these are just new revisions of the 2xxMs?

^Because they are :) Die-shrunk, with possibly higher clocks, that's it. Nvidia do this all the time (the 9xxx range was basically a die-shrunk version of the 8xxx range), but to do this in the face to Direct X 11 is crazy. They're really giving ATi the upper hand, espeially given ATi tend to be more competitive in price (and the likes of Dell and Sony are have been increasingly moving towards ATi for some time now).

NVIDIA are only now just getting into DDR5 where as ATI has had this for quite some time and the entire range.

I think my next laptop will have an ATI GPU.

I’m quite disappointed with NVIDIA that they always re-badging old GPUs and shamelessly pretend they are new.

ATI GPUs have new architecture (and a lot of stream processors!!) and I heard that they handle AA better.

Currently I’m busy doing my Master study right now, so I’m worrying that my laptop 8600M GT will die anytime soon.

Its bad to think that something will die cuz sod law says it will happen,

but yeah ati offerings are very tempting.