For those that had issues installing in v 1.1

- fixed nvidia driver failing to install after running setup

- added support for GTS250m

- somes fixes to the supported device database

Vista 32bit: download

Vista 64bit: download

Windows 7 32bit: download

Windows 7 64bit: download

Pieter and REB were also kind enough to provide mirrors for version 1.0 which is also linked to in the release thread.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• zipper

• Twisteds7

• PsychoUsagi

Guest meddylad

For those that had issues installing in v 1.1

- fixed nvidia driver failing to install after running setup

- added support for GTS250m

- somes fixes to the supported device database

Vista 32bit: download

Vista 64bit: download

Windows 7 32bit: download

Windows 7 64bit: download

Pieter and REB were also kind enough to provide mirrors for version 1.0 which is also linked to in the release thread.

I guess there's no point in installing 1.1 if we already got 1.0 working, right?

When I open RivaTuner with these drivers in the Driver settings it merely states "ForceWare detected". In previous Dox releases it would say something to the effect of, "Dox Optimised ForceWare 185.xx". To see if this was an issue with RivaTuner I checked the driver name with GPU-Z 0.3.8 and in Driver Version it reads, "nvlddmkm 8.17.11.9562 (ForceWare 195.62) / Win7 64". I'm not positive, but I recall seeing the Dox Optimised message there as well.

I'm just curious if this means I installed them incorrectly or you stopped renaming them.

I guess there's no point in installing 1.1 if we already got 1.0 working, right?

Correct. :)

When I open RivaTuner with these drivers in the Driver settings it merely states "ForceWare detected". In previous Dox releases it would say something to the effect of, "Dox Optimised ForceWare 185.xx". To see if this was an issue with RivaTuner I checked the driver name with GPU-Z 0.3.8 and in Driver Version it reads, "nvlddmkm 8.17.11.9562 (ForceWare 195.62) / Win7 64". I'm not positive, but I recall seeing the Dox Optimised message there as well.

I'm just curious if this means I installed them incorrectly or you stopped renaming them.

He stopped renaming them because there was a rare issue caused by it, with a particular game I think it turned up with.

Interesting, I dropped 300 points in 3DMark06 compared to Nvidia' 195.62... :)

Right now the only game I'm playing is Heroes of Newerth and this driver runs it just fine.

is there any reason not to write a quadro nvs 160m into the cards list to install on that rather than a geforce?

Edited by veritas72

hi dox , no support GPU 8800M GTS???

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&SUBSYS_30D4103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&CC_0300

thanks you drivers :)

, problem detect driver.

I reinstalled them and gained those 300 points back. Just a few points below the Nvidia version.

A file named igcompkrng500.bin is lost in the package of 32bit version. And it seems that there is something wrong with idg10umd32.dll or igdumd32.dll, which leads to return to 9600MGT mode from X4500 mode incorrectly.

Guest Trikster

Speaking of hybrid graphics, on the Alienware m17x that has the hybrid graphics setup, will these drivers work properly? The 195.62 nVidia drivers work just fine, but I have heard of some better results with these, but none make any mention of the hybrid graphics feature with this machine.

Much regards...

250M support works great! Thanks tons.

Interesting, I dropped 300 points in 3DMark06 compared to Nvidia' 195.62... :)

This might happen. These drivers are optimised for real world game performance. Synthetic benchmarks like 3D Mark are not very useful, and I'd rather see in-game performance increases even if it means 3D Mark scores drop.

This might happen. These drivers are optimised for real world game performance. Synthetic benchmarks like 3D Mark are not very useful, and I'd rather see in-game performance increases even if it means 3D Mark scores drop.

Ah, yes I know that they are for real world performance. I just hadn't expected that type of drop in a benchmark. Actually upon a re-installation those 300 points came back and it benchmarked nearly identical to nVidia's driver. I busted Counter-Strike: Source out for some fun last night and these drivers handled that without any issues (as to be expected). We need some people with newer games to report on the real world performance gains!