LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce go 7600 frusteration

Guest Scuba

I posted this in another section but think it went in the wrong section

I've had this problem in the past, and through my own stupidity I did not write down what driver version I need before I did a destructive system restore (had a nasty trojan). Here's the short of it:

I have an HP Pavillion dv9060us with a GeForce Go 7600 256 card. I run Windows XP x32 and honestly refuse to upgrade to another operating system until I get a new machine. I know that a lot of people with this laptop have a lot of problems with this video card, but mine has never had any hardware issues. This is, and always has been a driver issue.

In the past, I had to find one very specific driver version to run games (Borderlands, Dragon Age: Origins, Burnout Paradise). And for the life of me, I can't remember the correct driver version I've used. Using the incorrect version causes Borderlands and Burnout to crash after the splash screen. HP nor Nvidia provide any meaningful support in correcting this issue. I have also used Driver Cleaner each time and correctly used the modded .inf files to install the drivers correctly.

Does anyone know what version is stable for this computer, or if not where I can find the information? So far these version have not worked:

186.xx

I could really use the help.