LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dragon Ages origins Crash

hawkeyez83

Toshiba Tecra M2 Laptop

Windows XP Home sp3 (completely updated)

Geforce FX Go 5200 32M/64M

Driver Version: 6.7.6.5

Driver Date: 12/30/2004

Hi. when i run Dragon Ages Origins, the first loading picture comes up on screen as if its about to load the game, then i just get a error message from windows. Ive tried the game in fullscreen mode and window mode. Same thing happens.

I went to the Dragon Ages config utility and it says..

"Dragon Age: Origins will not run properly because the driver for your display adapter is too old. You must update your driver to correct this problem. Please see your hardware vendor's website for further information on obtaining the required drivers."

I have a tried several geforce drivers, and even 1-2 from this site where it has a modified file or something rather. Some will work, (but with yellow exclamation mark, and makes everything run slow).

So i was hoping someone here could direct me to the correct driver, and possibly some directions to install it correctly. Hope to hear from someone. Thanks.

A change of driver won't help you unfortunately.

Your graphics hardware just isn't capable enough to run dragon age.