LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with vBios 9600m GT on Gericom (Quanta) KN1

schmidt123

Hello :)

I bought a 9600m GT DDR3 on ebay with:

-Bios Version: 62.94.1F.00.08

-CardID: DEV_0649&SUBSYS_0729152D

I use nvidia driver (laptopvideo2go) with modded inf. Ver: 196.34

Notebook: Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI-E (Quanta KN1).

The Card Bios have 4 Clockrates (state 0 (2D), 1 (Thrtl), 2 (3D), 3 (Extra)). My Card works only in state 0 or 1, that means GPU Clock is 169MHZ in 2D and 275MHZ in 3D!! And not the correct 500MHZ Core Clockrate, because state 2 and 3 do not activate, only swap between 0 and 1!

So i mod the bios (see attachment). I only change state 1 (Thrtl) also in 500MHZ, too. Now if a 3D application started, the Thrtl (500MHZ) must be activate. Only this i change! Now i update the Bios with nvflash. After flash i see windows XP boot screen... and normal now must come the blue "welcome screen" but the screen is black!!

I started windows in safety mode, remove all nvidia drivers, and the laptop working! (without drivers! i cant started any 3D application)!

Now, what can i do? Attachment is my GPU-Bios before mod and after. Did anyone have other vBios?

Best Regards!

Schmidt

9600m GT standard.zip

9600m GT mod.zip

I think this is a common upgrade problem with your laptop and the 9600M GT or the 770M respectively.

Take a look at rado32's thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=345255

You have to hook up the laptop to an external monitor and then clone the screen to the notebook LCD.

• 1 month later...

With the 9600m into suso, i can't change LCD/External Monitor. Only screen on the LCD.

Any other idea?

Hello schmidt123,

I'm sory i'll probably can't help you but perhaps you can help me :)

I bought a 9600M GT 515 DDR on ebay for my gericom 1st supersonic aka quanta kn1.

The card com from a acer laptop so vbios is from acer vendor.

My gericom don't boot with this card so I suspect it's due to the acer vendor thing,the external display doesn't start up at boot time and I only get black screen on internal lcd.

So my question is:

do you know if your card has a acer vbios or nvidia one?

I'v read that the gericom supersonic accept acer vbios for 8600M gs but i've not found this information for 9600M.

And i'll probalbly can't flash my vga bios with this laptop wich doesn' boot with it...

Any informations on quanta kn1 and acer vbios vill be very apreciated :)

evrything is working now,

My kn1 boot on internal screen with a 30 secon countdown with a non modified video bios

after windows load fine and i can switch to external screen if i want with nvidia driver.

A big problem remain! The fan doesn't kick on with gpu temperture, only cpu temperture control it, so the gpu went to more than 100°C on idle in a few time.

I'm trying to do a nhc acpi class for kn1 fan control with gpu tempeture but nhc will not run on win seven as far as i know...

What about your temperture schmidt?

• 9 months later...
Guest Hiataby

evrything is working now,

My kn1 boot on internal screen with a 30 secon countdown with a non modified video bios

after windows load fine and i can switch to external screen if i want with nvidia driver.

A big problem remain! The fan doesn't kick on with gpu temperture, only cpu temperture control it, so the gpu went to more than 100°C on idle in a few time.

I'm trying to do a nhc acpi class for kn1 fan control with gpu tempeture but nhc will not run on win seven as far as i know...

What about your temperture schmidt?

How did you get it to work? How did you flash your card when you only had a black screen?

Thx