LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gigabyte Q1585

mobilenvidia

Not a too bad an entry level Notebook, that could play an occasional game.

nb_productimage_q1585_big.jpg

Specifications

CPU Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 processors

Operation System Microsoft® Windows® 7 Compliant

Chipset Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

System Memory DDRIII SO-DIMM*2 (Max 8GB)

Video Chip NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

LCD 15.6" HD Ready TFT-LCD Panel, WXGA 1366 x 768 with LED back-light

HDD 320GB/500GB 2.5" SATA HDD

I/O Port USB(2.0)*3 (including e-SATA/USB), D-SUB, Mic-in, Headphone-out, HDMI, RJ45, 4-in-1 Card Reader, Express card slot, DC-in Jack

Audio 1.5 Watt Speakers*2, Internal Mic-in

Bluetooth Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR

Webcam 1.3 Mega Pixel Webcam with 2 Digital microphone

Optical Disk Drive 12.7mm DVD-Super Multi Dual-Layer Drive

LAN Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n Wireless

Security HDD Password, Kensington Lock

Battery Li-ion 6 cell, 2600mAh (Q1585N)

Li-ion 6 cell, 2200mAh (Q1585M)

Dimension 373(W) x 257(D) x 33~40.9(H) mm

Weight ~2.8kg (with 6-cell battery)

Lol, the 335m is a rebadged 240m, which is more than decent gaming GPU. It's quite a fair bit more powerful than the 8600m that so many people have :) It's roughly on par with the 8700m.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

Guest Robbbbbbbbbbb

Lol, the 335m is a rebadged 240m, which is more than decent gaming GPU. It's quite a fair bit more powerful than the 8600m that so many people have :) It's roughly on par with the 8700m.

The 335M has 72 stream processors, and the 240m only 48 stream processors, so I don't think it's a rebadged 240M! Also, it's a lot better than an 8700M GT (only 32 stream processors), and is better than a 9700M GT (which IS really a rebadged 8600M GT), but in reality its very close to a 9700M GTS.

9500M is a 8600M rebadged.

Guest Robbbbbbbb

9500M is a 8600M rebadged.

Yes, you're right, I was being a bit liberal with my interpretation! I suppose I was just getting at the fact that the architecture of the 8600M, 8700M, and 9700M are all the same (32 stream processors), just different clock speeds.

I reckon this would be a pretty good gaming notebook. It seems like the GPU is better than a 240M, but maybe not quite as good as a 9700M GTS, according to the benchmarks I've seen anyway.

Guest Robbbbbb

Good matching of screen resolution with graphics card too! So often manufacturers seem to offer high resolution displays with poor or mediocre graphics cards, it's a false economy if you want to use it for gaming. Best to get a high mid-end graphics card like this one with a relatively low res display, like this one; or the other option is getting a class 1 graphics card (8800M, 260M, something like that) with a higher resolution display. Resolution makes a big difference on load on the card!

Agreed Robbbbbbbb (enough 'b's :))

WUXGA with a 335M is going to be no good at all.

What is even more often the case is a good GPU Notebook is ruined with a low res panel, what a waste.

Yes, you're right, I was being a bit liberal with my interpretation! I suppose I was just getting at the fact that the architecture of the 8600M, 8700M, and 9700M are all the same (32 stream processors), just different clock speeds.

I reckon this would be a pretty good gaming notebook. It seems like the GPU is better than a 240M, but maybe not quite as good as a 9700M GTS, according to the benchmarks I've seen anyway.

Eh its a little above the 9700M GTS at least in terms of Cuda cores it is anyways. 9700M GTS has 48 Cuda Cores where the 335M has 72? In technical terms it should be a little past the 9700M GTS due tot he 335M Capable of 233 Gigaflops vs 180 gigaflops but in bench terms its more or less the same to the 9700M GTS.

Good matching of screen resolution with graphics card too! So often manufacturers seem to offer high resolution displays with poor or mediocre graphics cards, it's a false economy if you want to use it for gaming. Best to get a high mid-end graphics card like this one with a relatively low res display, like this one; or the other option is getting a class 1 graphics card (8800M, 260M, something like that) with a higher resolution display. Resolution makes a big difference on load on the card!

Indeed, I have a 240m and it suits my 1366x768 screen just nicely, there's nothing that I can't play in native resolution. If I had a 1920x1080 screen, I'd bearly be able to play anything in native resolution. A higher resolution screen is pointless if you've not got the GPU to back it up, because you're just going to end up scaling - ironically, that means a lower resolution screen will actually look better.

Agreed Robbbbbbbb (enough 'b's :))

WUXGA with a 335M is going to be no good at all.

What is even more often the case is a good GPU Notebook is ruined with a low res panel, what a waste.

I guess it could way of future proofing though! :) (a good GPU with a low res panel would definitely be a waste now, but maybe not in the years to come as games become more demanding).