LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BSOD after applying new driver.

SaggyRampage

After I installed the latest driver update (197.13) onto my Alienware M15x with Nvidia 8700m GT, using the standard install method and actually following the guide provided by this website I installed successfully only to find that once i restarted I would receive the infamous BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). So naturally I try tom start up in Safe Mode. Clearly this didn't work or else I wouldn't be here posting this. I just get the blue screen no matter what for I start up windows in. Is there some way that I can get into my files now? Just enough to disable the driver? And hopefully avoid the full reimaging? Thank you.

Please guys I need some help on this, it would really be awesome if I didnt have to wipe my system. I just need to know how to boot and shut off the drivers without being able to use Safe Mode. Is this possible?

I've never not been able to start up in safe mode with a bad driver, so it may be something else wrong.. You might want to try doing a repair of your Windows install with the disk.