LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 197.15 Released

Galdere

First mentioned by RanCorX2.

Developer drivers that provide OpenGL 3.3 and OpenGL 2.1 updates.

XP 32 bit

Win XP 64 bit

Vista\Win7 32 bit

Vista\Win7 64 bit

You will need one of the following graphics cards to get access to the OpenGL 3.3 and GLSL 3.30 functionality:

Notebook

* Quadro FX 360M, 370M, 570M, 770M, 1600M, 1700M, 2700M, 2800M, 3600M, 3700M, 3800M

* GeForce 8000 series or higher

This driver supports all of OpenGL 3.3 and GLSL 3.30 on OpenGL 3 capable hardware. For OpenGL 2.1 capable hardware, these new extensions are provided:

* ARB_texture_swizzle (also in core OpenGL 3.3)

* ARB_sampler_objects (also in core OpenGL 3.3)

* ARB_occlusion_query2 (also in core OpenGL 3.3)

* ARB_timer_query (also in core OpenGL 3.3)

* ARB_explicit_attrib_location (also in core OpenGL 3.3)

I just installed these and tried photoshop CS4 and it is a lot faster than any other drivers on my system. Great IQ too. It could be the new version of opengl

No games yet have not had time, but due advise to try these out!

Is this an updated version of 197.13!?

already posted the link here yesterday , modded the inf and they work fine on my laptop. Would've posted it under news but I guess you gotta be a mod.

btw those dell's never did work right, I got a pause at the welcome screen on every boot.

Edited by RanCorX2

Hi all, I have installed this driver on my laptop, and works fine. A little bit better than 197.13, windows experience increase 0.1 on 3d games evaluation. Bye

PD: Metro 2033 increase 5-7 fps at 800x600.

Edited by revolution

these didn't last long, eventually I got bsods at the welcome screen again. Returned to 195.81.

Guest Firepower

these didn't last long, eventually I got bsods at the welcome screen again. Returned to 195.81.

Also got same , BSOD just after login, and an error with an Nvidia file, where do you find crash dump so i can look what the file is?

Guest Firepower

Also got same , BSOD just after login, and an error with an Nvidia file, where do you find crash dump so i can look what the file is?

think it is this from memory nvlddmkm.sys