LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v197.25 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Desktop

Guest wisgator

I downloaded the driver and extracted it. I then downloaded the modified inf file to the location of extracted driver to replace the stock inf file. When I run setup.exe I get an error that prevents me from installing the drivers.

"Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I have an nvidia gt 220m, with win 7 64-bit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mihael

• Jaitsu

• mobilenvidia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest SIRMUSTANG

I can hardly express my gratitude for this driver! I tried using the other drivers and got the blue screen o' death each time. I was running the latest Nvidia laptop drivers from about 4 months ago and all of my new games ran awful. After this update I ran MUCH faster and my FPS are now consistent. About 10 FPS faster on new games! Not only that, but my powermizer now works and my GPU now runs about 15 degrees cooler on idle!! Which is beyond fantastic! I was running 60-70 degrees on IDLE, now I run 50-52 degrees! That's awesome; I spent so much time trying to get my temps down and this done it in 5 minutes!

My laptop is the G51Vx X3A with the GTX 260M and the C2D 8700P @ 2.53Ghz. So I am beyond pleased with this driver; completely recommended!

Big thanks to the laptop team!

GPU-Z shows that DirectCompute isn't enabled. Anybody has a solution for this?

On mobile 195.81 drivers it worked.

tnx

Guest davevelo

GPU-Z shows that DirectCompute isn't enabled. Anybody has a solution for this?

On mobile 195.81 drivers it worked.

tnx

Anybody know if 195.81 is the latest driver to support directcompute?

Anybody know if 195.81 is the latest driver to support directcompute?

I think this is driver related problem. Maybe they don't integrate DirectCompute support for mobile gpu-s on desktop drivers.

I think this is driver related problem. Maybe they don't integrate DirectCompute support for mobile gpu-s on desktop drivers.

I get DirectCompute enabled in 196.34.

Guest davevelo

There's definately something wrong with powermizer in these drivers. While playing a game with forced maximum settings, powermizer will kick in anyway. In order to recover, a re-boot is required.

Guest davevelo

OK, uninstalled drivers and swept HDD in safe mode. Installed 197.25 drivers and System Tools. All appears well now with Powermizer enabled in HDMI and profiles function correctly. Frequencies gracefully return to power savings on app shutdown. I agree, best driver so far!

Ho the heck i should install these drivers ?

how to rename that fu**ing inf file why u made it so s***ty ?

before it was so easy!!

Ho the heck i should install these drivers ?

how to rename that fu**ing inf file why u made it so s***ty ?

before it was so easy!!

Folder options - View - uncheck Hide extensions for known file types and rename it.

No need to use stupid words. You could just ask or google it.

Aah OK

I just found it i didnt need any folder option just deleted that inf and copy / paste downed INF .. :)

Guest davevelo

Powermizer ceases to function after some time. No sure if it's bumping heads with certain applications or it just breaks on it's own. Am constantly monitoring GPU freq and maybe figure this out.

OMG... <sigh> I didnt realize that the INF files I was downloading were nvdisp.inf.txt because of right click saving them. now that I renamed it, and over wrote the old file, it works fine.

I feel really lame.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it's been doing that for a few months now... I think the site's MIME type list got reset somewhere along the line. Easiest way to do it (since it's hard to rename to a .inf without using the command prompt) is to actually click the link so it displays in the browser, then use File -> Save Page As. It should automatically default to the right filetype, then.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, I installed this driver and it seems to work perfectly so far on my GTX 260M. First driver in a while for which I haven't had the BSOD-on-install issue, too! FurMark maximum FPS at 800x600 raised from somewhere in the 80s to 113. I'm impressed.

EDIT AGAIN: I can't turn down my brightness. Tried the PanelPWMFrequency tweak, nothing. Not sure if this is the driver or the new INF.

JAITSU, NOW WITH 30% MORE EDITING!: Okay, now I've rolled back AND run System Restore and my brightness controls are still broken. Uh, help?

Edited by Jaitsu

Yeah, it's been doing that for a few months now... I think the site's MIME type list got reset somewhere along the line. Easiest way to do it (since it's hard to rename to a .inf without using the command prompt) is to actually click the link so it displays in the browser, then use File -> Save Page As. It should automatically default to the right filetype, then.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, I installed this driver and it seems to work perfectly so far on my GTX 260M. First driver in a while for which I haven't had the BSOD-on-install issue, too! FurMark maximum FPS at 800x600 raised from somewhere in the 80s to 113. I'm impressed.

EDIT AGAIN: I can't turn down my brightness. Tried the PanelPWMFrequency tweak, nothing. Not sure if this is the driver or the new INF.

JAITSU, NOW WITH 30% MORE EDITING!: Okay, now I've rolled back AND run System Restore and my brightness controls are still broken. Uh, help?

First to rename a extension go to control panel - folder options - view - uncheck hide extension of known file types or use something like total commander

PanelPWMFrequency fixes issue when brightness is lower on one side of the screen, to get brightness control you need to add

EnableBrightenssControl 1 - type DWORD (32bit)

Edited by Mihael

First to rename a extension go to control panel - folder options - view - uncheck hide extension of known file types or use something like total commander

PanelPWMFrequency fixes issue when brightness is lower on one side of the screen, to get brightness control you need to add

EnableBrightenssControl 1 - type DWORD (32bit)

Isn't that already in the modified INF? It's the first thing under Mobile Tweaks.

Isn't that already in the modified INF? It's the first thing under Mobile Tweaks.

it should be in the new inf but check in registry that it is in fact there.

Did you try to install nvidia's new driver for mobile gpus 197.16?

it should be in the new inf but check in registry that it is in fact there.

Did you try to install nvidia's new driver for mobile gpus 197.16?

Checked and it's there (by the way, where exactly do the "HKR,," registry tweaks go? I just searched the registry and found it in several places); also tried 197.16, and that has the same problem. I noticed that brightness did work when I accidentally let Windows reinstall the default driver, though, but installing any other driver disables the brightness controls, now. Unplugging the power cord still works for some reason and dims the brightness, but it's straight back to 100% and unchangeable as soon as I plug it back in.

Checked and it's there (by the way, where exactly do the "HKR,," registry tweaks go? I just searched the registry and found it in several places); also tried 197.16, and that has the same problem. I noticed that brightness did work when I accidentally let Windows reinstall the default driver, though, but installing any other driver disables the brightness controls, now. Unplugging the power cord still works for some reason and dims the brightness, but it's straight back to 100% and unchangeable as soon as I plug it back in.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\

In one of these is a 0000 "folder" which you can expand and there are "HKRs"

Edited by Mihael

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\

In one of these is a 0000 "folder" which you can expand and there are "HKRs"

Yep, then - checked, and EnableBrightnessControl is there, DWORD with a value of 1. So, that's not the problem... Any other ideas as to what could be causing it?

Yep, then - checked, and EnableBrightnessControl is there, DWORD with a value of 1. So, that's not the problem... Any other ideas as to what could be causing it?

Something to do with asus maybe... check inf of driver that works for you and see if there are any other modifications that could do this or some other software from asus that has something to do with brightness like driver for function keys or something...

...Huh, odd. I decided to try installing the NVidia 197.16m stock drivers and THEY work now, and perfectly. For some reason when I download the 197.16m installer from LV2go, it tells me there are no compatible drivers for my card, and modding the INF gives the brightness issue, but now I'm using the ones I got straight from NVidia's site and it installed no problem, no INF modding required, and the brightness works. Is there something different between our driver packages and the ones straight from them?

Guest File not found

Never had a problem installing any of the previous drivers, but when I try this one I get this message:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error when attempting to install it.

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

The System cannot find the file specificed.

I'm not sure how it can find the file and not find the file at the same time. (I've uninstalled my old drivers, and I'm updating through Computer Management/specify location).