LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Hi guys could you help with something? I have a vgn vaio Z and i'm trying to install the Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package, however about halfway through it tells me a core component could not be installed and rollsback to a an earlier driver. Has anyone seen this before, I've tried all the obvious fixes but nothing is coming to mind.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Did anyone tested the drivers on amilo xi 3650? I'm quite angry about fujitsu siemens for their support!

I tested the driver myself. The first installation failed. I then removed the fujitsu siemens original driver and installed again. It works. I can switch once with the acpi button and several times when using the icon. Any mean to avoid the testing mode mention? I will try with XBMC to see if hardware video decoding via vdpau works as expected.

Got something better for you. :)

Just got in the first reports that we finally got my [Nvidia 260.63 | Intel 2202 64bit] package working on the VPC series Vaio Z!!!!! Pretty huge news. I will be repackaging them and posting soon. There is also an official [Nvidia 190.24 | Intel 2021 64bit Beta] package that leaked from Sony.

Hi,

i have read most off your posts and hopped to find some drivers (260 series) for my ul50vt with 4500m could i please have a test version of the new package,

or is it the NEW 9/18/2010: Unofficial 64bit [Nvidia 260.63 | Intel 2202] with Test2 INF - Working!! ?

thanks a lot for reply

best wishes

So, just because I havent heard from Nauti now over a month, I will give you guys some information.

Nauti advised me not to share this link to others, because its an early state test package. But for my laptop this one is working better than anything else. I can control everything as it should be able. So, many of you guys reported about issues with brightness control problems and so on. So if you now use this package, get it in your mind, that there can come up even more problems than before.

Just use this package at you fully own risk!!!

To Nauti: Hey man, sorry I dont follow your instructions not to share the link, but for me it works fine, and maybe you will never come back here (hope you do come back!!! :-) ).

So here is the link: NVidiaIntel 260.63+2020 64bit

Edited by Freak

Make sure you close EVERY program your using for the time of switching. For me for a long time, I couldnt have opened just one program, now I can even have a browser opened, but maybe for you it has changed to be not able...

And, by the way. I had a lot problems by UPDATING the drivers. I realy had to uninstall, than run the NastyFileRemover, remove every found file, do a registry cleaning, than install this package. Anything else caused a lot problems for me!

So after a little bit testing i have a few details for you if you want the 260 package

My system:

Asus UL50VT x016

core 2 duo SU 7300 (@ asus overclocking 1.73ghz)

intel Mainboard 4500m

Adata SSD S599 240gb

4gb Ram

and Nvidia G210M

The problems with Switching:

If you Switch you must Restart your System and than you could Switch again,

i think it depends maybe on DSO because my Power4gear from Asus works no longer and could not be reinstalled

Games:

I have only tested Empire Earth 3 but with a old Driver i had Problems

(some details of the picture freeze for a short moment and more)

and the performence are low.

With the new one no problems ingame and good performance (a short test only and the game use physx)

I think the nvidia device dissable (in the system controll are no one, with battery and battery bar

is the power consuming at a level with the original driver i think i musst test it a little longer)

the main points for me are ok, but i would be glad if somebody could modify the files to a normal driver with out dso need.

And i will test it with a neew windows installation (no other drivers only intel inf and directx 9, i will report about sucess with switching and hotkeys)

When using Windows Vista ot higher, there is absolute no need to use any other powermanagement software. It can be all set up with windows. MAYBE here is the problem for the rest too, because if your tool cuts parts of windows functions, it could harm nvidia controls too...try it all with a clean system, no additional tools...hope that will work for you!

nVidia Intel 260.63 + 2020 64bit

I've been using this hybrid driver on an Alienware M11xR1 for a month now and have had no problems.

As always REMEMBER you install this driver at your own risk!

You will also have to sign two driver files before the nVidia interface is actionable.

This is described in Nautis original post.

I wonder what happened to Nautis? I hope he's OK.

I don't believe in Alien abduction, but now....

omg... I just ###### in my pants......

Welcome back Nautis!

With this post, I guess Nauti sometimes is taken from THEM. This would explain why he is doing such awesome stuff for us...doesnt it? I mean where do he take all this knowledge from? strange...

*kidding*

Guest anytimer

Hi all,

I have a Vaio VPCZ115gg Intel GMA HD (i5) and nVidia GT330M. I want to try the 3DVision capabilities of the newer drivers. Any suggestions for me? New to all this so appreciate a bit of help.

TIA

Guest unregistered

Make sure you close EVERY program your using for the time of switching. For me for a long time, I couldnt have opened just one program, now I can even have a browser opened, but maybe for you it has changed to be not able...

You're right about closing programs. Although, I would say that having the browser opened is the main reason for the switch not happening. Probably caused by some GPU acceleration things. Either the browser's own or flash videos.

You're right about closing programs. Although, I would say that having the browser opened is the main reason for the switch not happening. Probably caused by some GPU acceleration things. Either the browser's own or flash videos.

So, as I can tell you so far, with a clean installation of the newest package, I can run quiet every program while switching. Its awesome. Before this package I realy had to close EVERYTHING, but now I can switch even with an GPU accelerated browser (Iron7--> srware.net).

So, maybe Nauti has been taken from NVidia cause of publishing features NVidia wanted to bring out in early 2014 as "new high tech"...so they took him....wait my doorbell rings...

Edited by Freak

So, just because I havent heard from Nauti now over a month, I will give you guys some information.

Nauti advised me not to share this link to others, because its an early state test package. But for my laptop this one is working better than anything else. I can control everything as it should be able. So, many of you guys reported about issues with brightness control problems and so on. So if you now use this package, get it in your mind, that there can come up even more problems than before.

Just use this package at you fully own risk!!!

To Nauti: Hey man, sorry I dont follow your instructions not to share the link, but for me it works fine, and maybe you will never come back here (hope you do come back!!! :-) ).

So here is the link: NVidiaIntel 260.63+2020 64bit

Hello, the link does not work anymore ?

It seems I can't download the drivers.... too bad, i just installed windows 64 bits !!

Aloys

Hi,

I installed the 260.63x2020 version in my M11X R1 and it worked great.

The problems with brightness adjustment when in economy mode and mode swithing using the Fn Keys are gone, all works just as the stock drivers.

I tested a whole bunch of games (Starcraft 2 for many, many hours and many other games just for testing purposes), watched HD (1080p) movies using Media Player Classic in my TV via HDMI (multimonitor support working fine too) and it all worked great, with no artifacting, corruption or performance degradation. The only issue I had was with Mirrors Edge when I changed the PhysX mode to GPU (from the CPU default) and the performance was horrible. I never tested it with the stock drivers to know if it is a hardware issue or a driver problem.

I did all this in the course of 2 days without rebooting my laptop and during that period I switched modes many times without issues.

Well, in summary, it works great for me.

Regards,

Sandro

Nice to hear this, most the same to me :-)

So I hope Nauti is comming back soon, to hear these good news!

Hello, the link does not work anymore ?

It seems I can't download the drivers.... too bad, i just installed windows 64 bits !!

Aloys

Hello, it seems that Freak links is broken.

Does anybody has the file ?

Guest anytimer

Download link

NVIDIA 260.63+2020 64bit

Thanks for the correct link, Mr. Neo. Clever of you to figure out that freak had put x644 instead of x64 in his link.

Tried this on a VPCZ115GG. Had inf related issues at first, but managed to build one for the VPC using the one in Z11-12_N26063_I2202_Test.exe as a reference. Installed, enabled test mode, signed, rebooted. All is well (touch wood). The first few times the auto changeover from speed to stamina took 20 seconds (had me sweating there a bit!), but then it became OK. nVidia control panel crashed on first use, but a reboot fixed that as well.

Will try the Z11-12_N26063_I2202_Test package tomorrow unless advised against it.

Now has anyone managed to run 3dVision on a hybrid laptop? Any tips appreciated.

Hey guys, please, Nauti advised me strictly not to share this link. I dont know why.

So now I did it anyway. So please put that point not so loud...already thought to delete the link completely and say something so that you all go an aks me personal...but most of you guys are even not registrered...

To the 3DVision: Never heard about a laptop that has IntelHybrid and an 3D capable display...if there is one, it wouldnt have the double power for the 3D process...think of it, instead of 30frames, a game than needs 30frames for right eye and 30frames for the other...if it should be smooth, you need 60 for every eye...guess only high-end desktops now have this kind of power...

Edited by Freak

Guest anytimer

From reading previous posts by Nautis, I think he doesn't like putting out stuff before he has had a chance to test it as thoroughly as he can. 260.63 was a beta driver release, so even nVidia wasn't sure of it. We don't mind - we're experimenting, so if it doesn't work well we'll go back to our previous drivers.

I don't usually register on forums like this, but I'll be happy to do so if it makes you feel better. I'm registered at nVidia forums, but haven't been there in months - don't have the time; besides, now I have a laptop, so stock nVidia desktop drivers are of little interest to me. If I sell this laptop and buy a desktop, then this forum would be of no use to me either.

About 3dVision, the VPCZ11 and above series have HDMI outputs, so it is possible to hook up to a 3D capable display/TV. You can reduce game settings to get better frame rates (or play older games), or live with the flicker that is apparent when the frame rate is not high enough (recommended 120Hz). The main question - the modders' creed, so to speak - is 'can it be done?'. My previous PC was a desktop with a 7600, and I tried running early versions of 3dVision on it - it wasn't pretty, but at least it ran. A GT 330M with an i5 processor should do a lot better than that.