LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Guest unregistered

I really hope that Nautis won't get mad at you and that he'll be back, as his work is really appreciated. Just a note though: the NVidia drivers have some problems with Mass Effect 1 (which may have been fixed in 260.99).

Also the set of Nautis drivers increased my Windows Experience index a bit. Which is nice.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been searching all over the net trying to get updated drivers for my asus u45jc with nvidia 310m. This looks interesting, and I downloaded the 260.63 driver linked just above, but where can I find a modified inf to support my computer for this 260.63 driver?

Thanks a lot for any help, the work you guys are doing is really appreciated :)

Sorry All,

Dealing with some very personal stuff right now. Will hopefully be able to get back to this modding hobby soon.

My apologies to all for disappearing for so long and not updating you sooner.

P.S. Freak, no worries about sharing the link anymore since circumstances have changed, Share away.

Man, puh, thanks Nauti! Hope you get your things managed/will be managed in a good way!

We are waiting for you :-)

Man, puh, thanks Nauti! Hope you get your things managed/will be managed in a good way!

We are waiting for you :-)

Thanks for the new link.

I do have a question however : it seems I cannot get the DXVA decoding work with those drivers with MPHC... Do you guys have it work correctly ?

I have a VGN-Z21, and the hardware decoding has a loosy framerate on MPHC when activated...

does anybody has a solution ?

Aloys

good to see you again nautis

You have a testfile for me so I can try to view the DXVA decoding? Dont know where this is used^^

If you cannot wait for my answer, isntall the NastyFileRemover, let it search...if it finds files with a wrong / "not up to date" version, than you must deinstall, run NFR delete all files found, restart, install new driver...

Hey,

can you make something for my ALIENWARE Area-51 m15x nVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX?

The latest one I can use is the 186.03 one because of the Hybrid thing -.-

I'm using Windows 7 64-Bit.

Let me know if you need more informations.

Thx,

J!mB0

DXVA is used for video decoding in softwares such as media player home cinema (MP HC, see http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/)

It uses the hardware decoding capabilities of the graphic card instead of the CPU)

For instance, the nvidia 9300M GS (on my VGN-Z21MN) should be able to decode perfectly and even optimize quality in high bitrate divx (typically 1080p files with size greater than 10Go)

Or it doesn't work for me... framerate is very bad !

Am I the only one ? ;-)

Guest unregistered

I really hope that Nautis won't get mad at you and that he'll be back, as his work is really appreciated. Just a note though: the NVidia drivers have some problems with Mass Effect 1 (which may have been fixed in 260.99).

Updating the package with files from 260.99 fixed Mass Effect. (I used WinMerge and compared original 260.63 as the reference.) Since I really didn't understand why some files are in and others are out I can't really recommend the process. I'm sure that Nautis will do much better job. (Also: Not sure if I'm imagining it, but it may have caused my computer to run hotter.)

Guest anytimer

2a2fontaines

There are two pictures where described how to configure it:

1. Configuration mpc-hc: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5628/dxvaconf.png

2. How it should be when works: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6454/dxva1.png

Working fine on my VPCZ115GG using MPC-HC v1.4.2543.0 and drivers from here: HGMS_N26063_I2020_x64 (nVidia 260.63). What screen are you running it on? vis HDMI? what frame rate are you getting?

Welcome back Nautis1100. Hope it stays sunny for you.

Thanks Nautis for your great work, hope everything will become alright.

System: SONY VAIO VPCZ12C5E - Windows 7 64Bit Pro - NVIDIA Geforce 330m GTS and Intel HD Hybrid System

I tried the the new link to the 260.69 driver pack but i cant install them. After the installation process has started it stops and says failure, nothing more. In the event registration i found this: Intel Managemente & Security Application User Notification Service - was shut down, failure number %%-2147467243

The other Event: VDS Basic Provider - Error - Error Code 490@01010004

These events only appeared during the driver installation. Hope this will help somenone.

Edited by Mark86

I've used the v.260.63 package for a couple of days now and i haven't experienced any problems yet.

I followed the installation instructions on post #1, which worked for me except that i couldn't get "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" to work so i just disabled "digital signed drivers" on boot.

All features work, except the swicth graphips button but that's not a big deal because it can be switched on the taskbar.

The overall performance hasn't increased much but it's nice to have a up to date driver =). The battery is lasting about 7 hours when it's set on max performance, so that's pretty good too.

Keep up your great work Nautis, i really appreciate it.

Oh, and my laptop is Asus ul50vt

Madswk

Edited by Madswk

Thanks Nautis for your great work, hope everything will become alright.

System: SONY VAIO VPCZ12C5E - Windows 7 64Bit Pro - NVIDIA Geforce 330m GTS and Intel HD Hybrid System

I tried the the new link to the 260.69 driver pack but i cant install them. After the installation process has started it stops and says failure, nothing more. In the event registration i found this: Intel Managemente & Security Application User Notification Service - was shut down, failure number %%-2147467243

The other Event: VDS Basic Provider - Error - Error Code 490@01010004

These events only appeared during the driver installation. Hope this will help somenone.

Did you edit the INF to include your model - Vaio Z VPC? I'm uploading mine, but I strongly urge you not to use it blindly but compare it with the one you downloaded and try to understand what I have done. My hardware is a little different from yours, and this is the very first INF that I have edited, so beware, and proceed at your own risk.

nv_disp.zip

@anytimer thx

I knew i forgot something. I see, there are two main blocks who differs from the original version. When i have time i will go over the changes.

Edited by Mark86

Guest blotto82

Im using the Asus UL80VT and cant patch the newest nVidia Driver for my G210M with Intel GMA.

After install and reboot, the resolution is down to 800x600 and i cant switch between the devices.

Is there something to be aware of the when installing the newest, or is it better to take the old one that is here shown in the first post.

Cant play the new Fallout Las Vegas...

Guest blotto82

Now i got the latest nvidia driver posted here working, but only in the Test Mode from DSEO...

What did i miss or do wrong ?

Btw, when i switch nVidia from power mode to saving, how do i check that the intel card is working?

Now i got the latest nvidia driver posted here working, but only in the Test Mode from DSEO...

What did i miss or do wrong ?

Btw, when i switch nVidia from power mode to saving, how do i check that the intel card is working?

That's how it is, I suppose, since the drivers have been signed by you, and not a trusted authority.

Look under device manager. You should only see the Intel adapter when you are in stamina/power saving mode. Also, if you right click the desktop, you'll see a link to Intel graphics properties.

Im using the Asus UL80VT and cant patch the newest nVidia Driver for my G210M with Intel GMA.

After install and reboot, the resolution is down to 800x600 and i cant switch between the devices.

Is there something to be aware of the when installing the newest, or is it better to take the old one that is here shown in the first post.

Cant play the new Fallout Las Vegas...

You need to press f8 at boot and disable digital signed drivers. That should do the job

Guest blotto82

The DEOS should solve the driver signing, or am i wrong ?

Fallout works now, but only in the Test mode.

If i disable the Test Mode, only Standard VGA with 1024x768 is possible.

But if i go into Test Mode again, the Hybrid is working almost perfect.

I can switch from Battery Saving with Intel to Full Power with nVidia.

Checked it in the Device Manager, and with GPU-Z.

Sometimes when i change back from nVidia to Intel, the screen keeps black.

Then the Asus reboots itself.

I try the F8 thing, but so far im happy that i can play newer games :-)

Being in TESTMODE isnt a problem, so stay in! I am now in TESTMODE for a year, no problems!

But I will wait till Nauti will come with 260.99 package, cause damaging with selfmade inf...no I wont^^

Hi,

I just tried using the 260.63 hybrid driver package on a Asus UL30JT Laptop with a 310m Nvidia Optimus GPU. I got an error saying that compatible hardware could not be found for the installation to continue. I had my fingers crossed since I was hoping the driver package would be compatible with the 310m right off the bat. Anyway to get support for this laptop in the next driver release? Is there anything I can do on my end to get it to work, ie. edit INF files, I'm pretty much a newb at this so any help would be appreciated!