LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

CLICK HERE!

and follow ALL the instructions! If you miss one point, it wont work!

Edited by Freak

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Guest blotto82

There is no real instruction to follow.

Auf Deutsch, das ist keine richtige Anleitung, nur ein Hinweis wie man die Treiber signiert...

Ob ich zuerst den Treiber installieren soll/muss steht da nix.

I remember seeing another thread with the actual instructions, but now I can't find it. What you posted up there is just the first page of this thread. Unless the instructions of figuring out how to modify the INF files to get the driver to work on a particular laptop are buried within this thread, I went through all 16 pages and I didn't see anything :/ *Face palm*

Alright, so I misunderstood you a bit. Sorry, but as you can see by reading all these pages, is that this is a end-user section. For me it seems that Nauti is releasing here his awesome work and want to get feedback, nothing else.

If you want to mod drivers for other systems, then you must go somewhere else...try to understand this, I gave it a try and gave up, cause its too hard for me. Cause its not just adding some lines in the inf files, Nauti and NVidia are working long time on this stuff, but if you want, go ahead give it a try. But you must learn a lot to get some working drivers done. Good Luck thumbsup.gif

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/27076-modding-101-the-basics-and-hybrid-graphics/page__p__131397__fromsearch__1#entry131397

Guest blotto82

I followed all the steps, but thats only for driver signing.

Do i have to delete the original Asus driver, then install the Nautilus Hybrid, and then the DEOS thing ?

So far the thing works only in Test Mode for me.

But now Win7 Update gives me a Intel Graphics Update, i guess i should ignore that, right?

Right, the Intel update by windows will effect that you will ONLY have the Intel-driver-part installed, so NVidia will be lost! Should be a fault by windows, or is appearing by Nautis inf, so that the system detects a "normal" Intel gpu card. Just ignore the update :-)

First of all, updating drivers, uninstall, then run the NastyFileRemover, delete any found files, then do registry cleanup, now install the new package, as described in first post. Everything you need to know to get working drivers is written there, I did it this exact way and it works 100%, IF the notebook is in the support list. Otherwise, the installer wont let you install the drivers!

So, as you write that in testmode it works, that says me, that your notebook is supportet by this package. Testmode MUST BE ACTIVE as long as your using this driver! Or where do you see a hint, to deactivate TestMode? I dont...interesting.gif

Edited by Freak

Guest Keshiji

Been trying to install it on my laptop (Vostro 3700) without luck, the install "fails". I've used everything in that topic, as in signing drivers and such (even when the tool behave different now, just read the website)

Any tip? :)

Please describe as exactly as you can, what you did (redo) an exactly when an error comes up or something goes wrong...

If you start the installer, and it aborts by saying "the device is not supportet" than you not lucky, you have to aks Nauti to put your HardwareIDs in the inf, so youre able to install...

Edited by Freak

Guest blotto82

My Installation was aborted because i was on Intel. After i switched to nVidia, the installer confirmed the hardware, and i could install the nautilus driver.

I got a answer from ASUS about the old driver, and send me to the partner site www.asustreiber.de which has no hybrid driver for windows 7.

That about service from ASUS ...

Dissapointing that they cant write a new driver after one year.

This is why my next laptop with hybrid systems will be NVidia 2D gpu and an bigger 3Dgpu one. Here in germany ALDI sold a laptop that has an onboard NVidia chip and a bigger dedicated 3D gpu. So with this kind of configuration, the standart NVidia drivers can be installed, to the latest state.

I guess the Intel+NVidia way is going to die, because of this complexity. I will never ever buy Intel+NVidia again, cause I am fixed to awesome guys like Nauti (by the way, havent found another guys like him yet...)

Edited by Freak

Guest Keshiji

Please describe as exactly as you can, what you did (redo) an exactly when an error comes up or something goes wrong...

If you start the installer, and it aborts by saying "the device is not supportet" than you not lucky, you have to aks Nauti to put your HardwareIDs in the inf, so youre able to install...

Well, after signing the driver

I tried (for driver signing):

1.- Deactivate UAC, open dseo, start test mode, restart the machine, sign those two files, close dseo (the program didn't appear again after restarting so I had to do it by myself)

1.- Deactivate UAC, open dseo, start test mode, sign those two files right away, close dseo.

1.- Deactivate UAC, open dseo, start test mode, sign those two files right away, keep dseo open during install.

According to the website it seems that I no longer need to "restart" the machine to sign the files.

Anyway, in all those cases it "failed" as soon as the driver began to install, it just stopped. I was able to pick between the normal and the advanced options (picked the clean install) and sometimes I got some weird errors, saying there were some files missing :o

Any help?

Well, after signing the driver

I tried (for driver signing):

1.- Deactivate UAC, open dseo, start test mode, restart the machine, sign those two files, close dseo (the program didn't appear again after restarting so I had to do it by myself)

1.- Deactivate UAC, open dseo, start test mode, sign those two files right away, close dseo.

1.- Deactivate UAC, open dseo, start test mode, sign those two files right away, keep dseo open during install.

According to the website it seems that I no longer need to "restart" the machine to sign the files.

Anyway, in all those cases it "failed" as soon as the driver began to install, it just stopped. I was able to pick between the normal and the advanced options (picked the clean install) and sometimes I got some weird errors, saying there were some files missing :o

Any help?

Ok, this is my account. My machine is also a Vostro 3700 (it has a 330M) the rest of the data can be seen in my profile.

Guest blotto82

Never again a Medion Laptop, i had once one...

But my Asus UL80VT had a crash after one week, the hdd was clacking, and the system hung up, no recovery etc possible.

Getting a new one from Amazon, and this one is getting retour.

If i had known the hybrid problem before, i wouldnt have bought it, but still its a decent laptop for a nice price.

I thougt it would be like the nvidia optimus, but if the new Asus isnt the thing i expected, its going retour and i choose another one.

With my standard install i could just install the nautilus driver, use DEOS like told in the first post, and it worked in test mode.

Worked without deinstall stuff etc, but maybe its safer to deinstall the old one.

Okay, the problem is, Fujitsu-Siemens has tha latest drivers at 186.xxx thats a big shame!!! For a long time, I just updated the drivers, with no deinstall, cleaning, install. But after the 259.xx package I got a huge problem. Multidisplay didtn worked any more. Activating in NVidia control panel it said that my gpu only supports one screen...lol...So then I deinstall, do cleanung with NFR, reg clean, then new install, now everything works as it should!

If you get errors during installation, it is absolutely high recommendet to give us the detailed information about waht it is saying. "Didnt found file XY"...seems that your download hasnt finished! Get some downloadmanager to do that correct! From time to time a browser is doing bull---it with downloading. If that is felt fine, an the same error comes up, maybe your harddrive has problems, check with a diskanalyer as with windows (rightclick on hdd, "Eigenschaften" at bottom, Tools).

If that is clear too, then you misread the error and it might say that your grafic model isnt supportet. Maybe Nauti has added the universal ID-part, but the rest is doing not well, because its a bit more complicate.

So, hope you get a good result...if not,...guess your screwed...by the firm...

Guest Blotto82

Now i made a clean install for my ASUS UL80VT and it worked, after some driver signing errors.

Switching works great now, and now im totaly satisfied :-)

UL80VT is fully supported by Nautilus

:)

Guest Blotto82

Ok, i found a bug.

I cant change display brightness on the fly, only with a reboot with the choosen energy setting (windows or the asus P4G).

Battery perfomance isnt that good, but i installed with my own fresh windows the needed asus tools for the P4G stuff.

Is there a way to easily solve this problem?

Nope, till now, nothing has been found to get rid of the brightness thing. The ones that have this issue, didnt get rid of it. For me, I never had that problem...

Nautis your knowledge overwhelms me. I followed the instructions and it doesn't seem to make any difference (on my Sony Vaio Z11).

I'm probably missing something:

The instructions tell me to run the DSEO and sign the files, which I did.

I couldn't see an instruction to actually install anything, so I double-clicked on Setup.exe in the Z11-12_N26063_I2202_Test folder I'd extracted everything into. It looked great, "checking for compatibility"

Very sad :-( it says "Install cannot continue - required files are missing".

Have i done anything wrong, like failed to copy files across or something?

Why do I want this latest driver?

1- Adobe Premiere Elements 9 says "incompatible graphics card driver" and won't show a preview, which makes it difficult/impossible to edit video. I have to use Premiere Elements 8.

2- I found some useful software that said it could use the CUDA processor on the graphics card, but it also says "incompatible graphics card driver" and takes an hour to convert video.

Hope it's something really simple, and sorry to trouble you

Hugo

Maybe you still have a 32bit system? The last packages were only for 64bit, so this could be a way out.

But, be sure that you have downloaded the complete package. If your using Google's Chrome, this browser downloads and even during downloding, you get after some seconds an openable compressed file. So make sure to check the file-size before and after downloading.

If that fails for some reason, please give me the link (cause I didnt found right now...) and I will upload it to somewhere else. Good luck!

How can you know that? Yes I used Google Chrome, what detective work! And I redownloaded and the software installed.

Well, to a point. Once it had finished installing, the lights on the Z11 Dynamic Hybrid System switch were all off, and the best resolution I could get was 1280*1024 (which is a 4:3 aspect on my wide screen) - and no external screen support. On reboot, the same thing (apart from an error from BitLocker because something had changed an initialiser file).

Finally, I went into Device Manager and looked at the Display drivers which both had yellow triangles, and auto-updated the Intel graphics card (the nVidia one didn't need to update), and upon reboot I'm back to the 190.xx driver which doesn't work with Adobe Premiere 9 but otherwise works with everything else.

Yes I have Win 7 64-bit ultimate on 8GB RAM because this laptop pays the bills, though i still don't know how it works.

Any advice for getting the 259 or 260 nVidia driver onto this laptop, as it is so good at avoiding allowing it!?

Oh and by the way - Thanks! I haven't got it working yet, but the patience of people like you really make it possible to "give it a go", something i just wouldn't have done by myself

Same advices I give everyone when asked for help with UPDATING the drivers.

1. Deinstall the current drivers! Via the installer, oder rightclick on the hardware and let deinstall the software too.

2. Get the NastyFileRemover, let it scan your system for NVidia files, delete them!

3. Do a restart

4. Rescan with NFR, delete again any found NVidia files. Do a reboot again.

5. Now do a registry cleanup (CCleaner or equivalent)->restart

6. Now, with a driver-clean windows, you are ready to install the new 2xx.xx packages.

Just with this procedure, I got my drivers running as they should! From version upgrade to version upgrade, I had different big problems, last one was not being able to use more than one monitor at the same time, that was bad!

So, Hugo, I guess you didnt followed ALL the instructions for installing the drivers, here point 6! Please go to the first post and do everything like its written. If you miss a point, it wont work.

In short: Get the Testmode, stay from now on in testmode, sign the two files, restart. Just this will let the new unsigned drivers be working in windows!

How can you know that? Yes I used Google Chrome, what detective work! And I redownloaded and the software installed.

Well, to a point. Once it had finished installing, the lights on the Z11 Dynamic Hybrid System switch were all off, and the best resolution I could get was 1280*1024 (which is a 4:3 aspect on my wide screen) - and no external screen support. On reboot, the same thing (apart from an error from BitLocker because something had changed an initialiser file).

Finally, I went into Device Manager and looked at the Display drivers which both had yellow triangles, and auto-updated the Intel graphics card (the nVidia one didn't need to update), and upon reboot I'm back to the 190.xx driver which doesn't work with Adobe Premiere 9 but otherwise works with everything else.

Yes I have Win 7 64-bit ultimate on 8GB RAM because this laptop pays the bills, though i still don't know how it works.

Any advice for getting the 259 or 260 nVidia driver onto this laptop, as it is so good at avoiding allowing it!?

I got the 260.63 working on my vaio VPCz12 which is almost identical to the z11, I just followed the instructions. t was linked somewhere in this thread.

Hello!

I've just installed the "Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit" package on my Vaio VGN-Z21MN. Thank you for the effort you put into it.

There is one minor issue: The physical "Stamina/Power" switch isn't working. I can switch using the taskbar app, but I wonder if there is some way to get that switch working.

Some knowledge of driver modding + persistence + tons of help from others in the same situation puts us in the situation we are in now. Just takes a bit of dedication and time which I do not seem to have much of lately. Hopefully thanksgiving will bring me some time.