LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Hey Nauti,

good to hear from you.

Guess I can say for all of us, that we wish you everything you need!

Take your time, see you!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Now I see it. For anyone else with a Sony VPC Z11, the instructions for this one are on page 8 posted by Nautis1100 at 27 July 2010 05:12 PM. I'm just about to try them now

Thanks for your patience

hi guys, are the drivers here meant for laptops that can't install the official nvidia drivers from its website? or are the drivers here used so that the switching between intel and nvidia gpu works?

clapping.gif

oooommmm......

These drivers are made so that we get much more actual driver versions. The official ones from the manufacteurs are badly old!!!

hi guys, are the drivers here meant for laptops that can't install the official nvidia drivers from its website? or are the drivers here used so that the switching between intel and nvidia gpu works?

These are for notebooks that include Hybrid Graphics (3rd generation switchable graphics technology) by Nvidia. Hybrid Graphics is a technology which allows for switching between a Intel GPU that is integrated onto the motherboard for power saving and a discrete Nvidia GPU for faster performance. It is essentially a precursor to Optimus which is Nvidias 4th generation switchable graphics tech. If you do not have a notebook with Hybrid Graphics technology these drivers will not work. The reason standard drivers will not work with Hybrid Graphics notebooks is because of the way they are packaged and installed. Because Hybrid Graphics drivers require both Intel and Nvidia drivers in a single package they can only be put together and distributed by notebook manufacturers.

-

Just wanted to update everyone that others have started putting together their own driver packages. The ones I know of are as follows:

Sony Vaio Z (VPC-Z Model) - Thomastc.dk

Alienware M11xR1 - RigelKent

If there are others feel free to link them here. If you have a bit of driver modding knowledge and want to try your hand at them but need help just ask.

I am still very behind but have some things in progress. No ETA on a release.

Guest Sven Killig

Thanks a lot for the effort you share, Nautis1100!

My findings on my VGN-Z41WD with Windows 7 x64:

Official 8.15.11.8684: stable, brightness hotkeys work in both modes

"Official" (not for my model, though) Windows 7 64bit [Nvidia: 187.35 | Intel: 1872] from Sony: a bit less stable (but that may depend on other drivers I updated), brightness hotkeys only work in Intel mode

Hybrid Graphics Master Set for Win Vista/7 64bit [Nvidia: 191.97 | Intel: 1994]: Brightness hotkeys only work in Intel mode; Mode switch does't work, but switching through tray app possible. I'll try to keep that one.

Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package: No mode switching/brightness control at all, no tray app (where has it gone?). Of course the only version with working GPU Computing SDK 3.2 CUDA and OpenCL samples...

Verde Notebook 3D Vision CD v1.38: Installation not possible ("incompatible hardware")

I wonder whether the GPU setting in my patched BIOS does make any difference. I hoped to set it to static, switch to Speed, reboot (I could live without dynamic switching) and just install the official drivers from nVidia, but no go ;-(

Intel and especially nVidia put so much effort into their software and I can't use it properly. Drives me mad!

Hey Nautis,

glad to see you're back.

I want to load the 3Dvision drivers on my VPCZ1 laptop. Can you throw a few pointers my way? TIA.

but is there any difference for me? i mean i can install the latest nvidia drivers without any modification, but can't get the hybrid switching to work.

is there any difference if i manually disable my nvidia gpu through device manager since that'll force it to use intel's gpu only?

hye all..

im a beginner.. im using ASUS A52JC with NVIDIA GFORCE 310M 1 G...WIN7 64 bit...

do diz 260.63+2020 driver work on my hybrid engine?

and the same model but with smaller lcd ASUS A42JC...please answer..im very desperate..

bcoz..when i updated my friends A42JC to the latest driver from ASUS nvidia v261.14..n all other optimus driver..it didnt work.

the laptop will stuck or hang at the welcome screen..did i missed sumtim?

Edited by fantasykidz

Thanks a lot for the effort you share, Nautis1100!

My findings on my VGN-Z41WD with Windows 7 x64:

Official 8.15.11.8684: stable, brightness hotkeys work in both modes

"Official" (not for my model, though) Windows 7 64bit [Nvidia: 187.35 | Intel: 1872] from Sony: a bit less stable (but that may depend on other drivers I updated), brightness hotkeys only work in Intel mode

Hybrid Graphics Master Set for Win Vista/7 64bit [Nvidia: 191.97 | Intel: 1994]: Brightness hotkeys only work in Intel mode; Mode switch does't work, but switching through tray app possible. I'll try to keep that one.

Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package: No mode switching/brightness control at all, no tray app (where has it gone?). Of course the only version with working GPU Computing SDK 3.2 CUDA and OpenCL samples...

Verde Notebook 3D Vision CD v1.38: Installation not possible ("incompatible hardware")

I wonder whether the GPU setting in my patched BIOS does make any difference. I hoped to set it to static, switch to Speed, reboot (I could live without dynamic switching) and just install the official drivers from nVidia, but no go ;-(

Intel and especially nVidia put so much effort into their software and I can't use it properly. Drives me mad!

Thanks for the report. With the bios switched to static standard nvidia drivers should work since the notebook should act like a single GPU system.

Hey Nautis,

glad to see you're back.

I want to load the 3Dvision drivers on my VPCZ1 laptop. Can you throw a few pointers my way? TIA.

Not really sure if 3DVision will work on the VPCZ1. I will hopefully have a new driver up very soon which will help make this easier to achieve for you.

but is there any difference for me? i mean i can install the latest nvidia drivers without any modification, but can't get the hybrid switching to work.

is there any difference if i manually disable my nvidia gpu through device manager since that'll force it to use intel's gpu only?

You may want to check the BIOs since moost Hybrid Graphics machines have an option to disable switching. This makes the machine see the Nvidia GPU as the only one and should allow you to install verde nvidia drivers.

hye all..

im a beginner.. im using ASUS A52JC with NVIDIA GFORCE 310M 1 G...WIN7 64 bit...

do diz 260.63+2020 driver work on my hybrid engine?

and the same model but with smaller lcd ASUS A42JC...please answer..im very desperate..

bcoz..when i updated my friends A42JC to the latest driver from ASUS nvidia v261.14..n all other optimus driver..it didnt work.

the laptop will stuck or hang at the welcome screen..did i missed sumtim?

These drivers are for Hybrid Graphics and will not work on Optimus, sorry. Hybrid Graphics is nvidias 2nd generation switchable graphics technology and Optimus is nvidias 3rd generation. They are very different.

You may want to check the BIOs since moost Hybrid Graphics machines have an option to disable switching. This makes the machine see the Nvidia GPU as the only one and should allow you to install verde nvidia drivers.

thanks nautis for replying!

yes, i can actually change it from the bios but bios allows me either switchable or nvidia only..not intel only.

but what im wondering is since i can install and get both latest intel and nvidia drivers running at the same time, my theory is that if i wanna use intel, i can just disable nvidia manually from windows 7's device manager. If i want to use nvidia, i'll disable intel.

I was just wondering if this is going to be the same as using nvidia's hybrid software to switch between cards though.

These drivers are for Hybrid Graphics and will not work on Optimus, sorry. Hybrid Graphics is nvidias 2nd generation switchable graphics technology and Optimus is nvidias 3rd generation. They are very different.

tq for ur info nautis.. i almost test it..huh..dont know what will happen...can u suggest me where i can find those kind of driver?

if u cant..its ok..thanks

Guest peanut gallery

Hello Nautis,

I have a UL80VT with the latest official Hybrid Graphix drivers from Asus. I was wondering if a hardware analysis report from Everest would help in developing updated drivers.

I have no idea what more than half of this report means, but I hope it helps.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TPPH3V85

I'm using the UL80VT as well with the 260.63/2020 driver set. I simply installed the package (it autouninstalled my old drivers, i thought it had locked up for a minute, but it rebooted and completed its thing), put the lappy in test mode, signed the drivers, then hid the test mode watermark. It switches fine with the taskbar icon, and allows for using external screens in either mode. whether i need to or not, i reboot after making the switch to make sure only the video card I want enabled is drawing power, i have my power settings profile set to match intel/nvidia (one profile for each), and I never attempt to use the hardware button. Usage-wise, I use the nvidia card to make editing 720p footage in Premiere CS5 a bit more bearable (I know, the processor is crap for editing, but it gets the job done slowly but steadily). With this driver set installed, I haven't had any random lockups like I did on the stock drivers, so for that I say THANK YOU to NAUTIS for making my comp usable.

Hey Cheesecake, realy good idea! I will send an everest report too. The information given with everest are just more than we all need, I guess^^

Hey. I found this place after hopelessly searching for some updated graphics drivers for my Acer 5935G laptop. It has a GT 240M graphics card in it. Is there any update? I really need to update my drivers :)

I currently have Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Nvidia 265.90/Intel 2226 64bit uploaded for testing here. It should cover all Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD. It is very much still in testing and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Make sure if you test these to do the driver signing & test mode as seen in the first post or they will not work. I cant guarantee it will work as I haven't had testing with all Intel HD based Hybrid Graphics notebooks yet. So this is still in the alpha/beta stage.

Any chance to get a version for Alienware Aurora m15x Nvidia 9800GT?

Thx for your great work ^^

Any chance to get a version for Alienware Aurora m15x Nvidia 9800GT?

Thx for your great work ^^

I think the m15x is first generation switchable graphics. It needs to be rebooted in order to switch doesn't it? I have looked into it a bit but I am not sure if I can get something like that working, it may actually be an issue on Alienwares end. I will try to look into it a little bit more. It would be insanely difficult for me to figure out if there is workaround for it since I don't have one.

I currently have Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Nvidia 265.90/Intel 2226 uploaded for testing here. It should cover all Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD. It is very much still in testing and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Make sure if you test these to do the driver signing & test mode as seen in the first post or they will not work. I cant guarantee it will work as I haven't had testing with all Intel HD based Hybrid Graphics notebooks yet. So this is still in the alpha/beta stage.

I have a 4500MHD intel chip in my laptop along with the 240M, will those drivers work?

Hey. Can you help me with a video driver for nvidia 310m for notebook? I have anasus k52jc. Thx

I'm running windows 7 64bits

Have you tried using the latest Verde Drivers from Nvidia?

I have a 4500MHD intel chip in my laptop along with the 240M, will those drivers work?

What brand/model is your notebook? Asus UL*0VT?

Guest AlexCiucu

Have you tried using the latest Verde Drivers from Nvidia?

What brand/model is your notebook? Asus UL*0VT?

No i havent.So how can I install it? overwrite to the existing drive? or unistall the existing drive and install the verde driver ?

Guest AlexCiucu

No i havent.So how can I install it? overwrite to the existing drive? or unistall the existing drive and install the verde driver ?

Ok I installed it overwritten, and setup cannot install because they say it's not compatible with the video hardware.

Ohh....what can i do? :)