LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Thought i would update on my attempts to update the drivers, seems the drivers don't work on the Dell Vostro 3700 core i5 560m Intel HD Geforce GT 330m laptop. Installed the drivers fine after following the instructions but the computer seems to not recognize that it is running a Nvidia device. The Nvidia control panel says there is no compatible hardware but the card is still showing up in the device manager. The Intel HD device is not working and states that there is a problem with the device (code 31).

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Nautis,

tried your new 265 alpha/beta driver set on my M11x R1 with switchable graphics on Windows 7 Pro 64bit, results are as follows:

-Drivers installed no problem, no sound driver issues

-Switching is broken in this release, I can switch to Intel, but cannot switch back to Nvidia. The icon indicates that I switched to performance mode but nothing is actually happening and in fact Win 7 stays in intel mode. Re-pressing the switch button doesnt do anything, just brings up the icon indicating performance mode.

Ditto.

I install Nvidia 265.90/Intel 2226 on an Alienware M11xR1 SU7300 BIOS A05 Win7 Pro 64Bit

Installed with no problem and signed drivers.

I could initially switch to Nvidia and all looked good.

However when I switched back to Intel, I was not able to return back to Nvidia(discrete)

It appears to be attempting to switch with the Nvidia switching flash panel displayed but nothing happens.

I noted the Nvidia control panel was still available under the intel graphic options within the desktop right 'click'.

When I click on the Nvidia control options and went to the panel and clicked on it, it said it was not responding.

Rebooted the system, and no longer able to switch and only Intel graphics option is available in desktop right 'click'.

Intel side seem to be OK, just no switching.

SOoooo close, but not quite workable.

Thanks again for all your hard work Nautis.

Edited by Dr Goodvibes

we should wait for a new buggy release of new buggy drivers that doesn't work instead of a new less-buggy release of the same old less-buggy drivers

in these way we wont have a single "stable" release, never.

???

For me, just the very last driver package doesnt work! Any package before just ran as hell on my machine! Everytime Nauti brought a new package I got better performance! So maybe you are just not able to install the drivers correctly, you get errors. But that would be YOUR fault, not Nauti!

Writing such things is not fair, cause Nauti is doing a realy great job! Go and ask your notebook manufacture, if they will give you some newer drivers! I only got rediculous answers, near your post.

???

For me, just the very last driver package doesnt work! Any package before just ran as hell on my machine! Everytime Nauti brought a new package I got better performance! So maybe you are just not able to install the drivers correctly, you get errors. But that would be YOUR fault, not Nauti!

Writing such things is not fair, cause Nauti is doing a realy great job! Go and ask your notebook manufacture, if they will give you some newer drivers! I only got rediculous answers, near your post.

1) in a forum does not exist "for me" "for you", in a forum exist "for ALL". If your NB goes like hell i dont care. For one like you that has improvements there are 100 like me that have buggy drivers

2) my NB was not supported so i posted my PCI\VEN and i learnt the guides to modify the drivers

3) even if i can get ALL the releases to instal, i cant get them to work 100% because is not simply adding/removing PCI\VEN from the infs, there are hundred of different configurations and each section of INFs must modified according the real capapilities of the grafic chipset

4) 197 releases does not work, i can get it to install modifing the INF but not working 100% ---> release abbandonated

258 release does install(nautilus added my infs) but works worst than 197, there are not even all of the resolutions of the screen -.-(i added them myself modifing the INF)

260 release does not install even if i add my PCI\VEN, i must add some others triks to get it to install but i cant even switch graphics cars(p.s. new intel release are not supported by my 4500HD)

5) i'll tell you a secret, INFs are just a massive COPY & PASTE from previous release, there are a lot of bugs, errors, wrong lines, inverted values etc etc

so how i can belive that the drivers will work for all? simply they wont work at all!!

IMHO we should concentrate on ONE release and get it to FULLY work for all, with a detailed INF, with each section well compiled, i can give my support for this.

in the meantime i'll go back to my 187 original HP release, without the support for even CUDA h264 acceleration -,-

Been trying to get some updated drivers for my Acer 5935g for a while now, It has a nvidia gt 240M with an intel 4series, and for some newer games can cause problems mostly due to the older drivers, nice to see someones actually helping out with some better drivers (acer just abandoned the driver support for the laptop relatively soon after release).

still running W7x86 and was wondering if you think you will be able to fix some of the problems with the acer 5935g eg. able to use the power button to switch between the cards or the ability to change brightness, or will it be something that will be unfixable for the most part?

Guys, I have a Dell Vostro 3500 with a Hybrid nVidia Geforce 310M and I was wondering if this master set would work with it? So far I have had no luck with newer drives for it.

Hi,

I just though that it might be useful to share my experiences.

I'm using Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package on my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 3670 using hybrid Geforce 130M.

The driver is working otherwise excellent, but I'm having freezes while using flash-players. Also extended desktop doesn't work when using HDMI.

I have tried fresh installs and different versions of flash, but those don't have any effect for better.

I tried to install 260.63 driver unsuccesfully; seems that basic driver .inf editing doesn't help :)

Can you guys add Amilo 3670 to upcoming or current .infs?

Thanks for you hard work Nautis.

Guest OptimusLime

Hey Nautis - This worked great but for some reason, ever since I have installed it, my monitor will go black and not show anything, even though the laptop is still on. I know it's not asleep and it just started doing it since the install. I am using the Asus UL50VT 210m. If you have any advice on how to fix it, that would be amazing. Thanks again for all of this! Works great (other than monitor problem - which probably occurred on my end).

Hey Nautis - This worked great but for some reason, ever since I have installed it, my monitor will go black and not show anything, even though the laptop is still on. I know it's not asleep and it just started doing it since the install. I am using the Asus UL50VT 210m. If you have any advice on how to fix it, that would be amazing. Thanks again for all of this! Works great (other than monitor problem - which probably occurred on my end).

Hi!

I wonder, when does your screen go black? I assume you mean your laptopscreen?

Here's my experience. I own a Alienware m11x R1. For now I've only installed the latest native nVidia drivers (266.58) from nVidia itself. I need to set the Bios to discrete to make the drivers work. Games seem to run smoother, like Left 4 Dead 2 and StarCaft II. No switching available (ofcourse). Now when I close the lid, the system goes to sleep. When I open the lid again, the system resumes, but the laptopscreen stays black! When I close the lid again, the system doesn't go to sleep anymore. I seems the fan continues to run a max speed. I need to turn off the laptop by pressing the on/off-button a few seconds and restart again to get the screen back.

Just want to share my experience...

Here's my experience. I own a Alienware m11x R1.

I addition to my comment of yesterday, using the current latest native nVidia drivers *and* overclocking the CPU/mem in BIOS, great improvements are achieved compared to the stock display drivers (and no overclocking). Running flawless Left 4 Dead 2 in highest resolution. Now the levels coaster and concert (Dark Carnival chapter) didn't ran noticeably choppy (when running forward and steering with mouse). Can't tell the increase framerate.

I was a happy user of N25896_I2020_X64 until today where a M$ update scratched the Intel driver and screwed up my install. Tried to reinstall the same driver but without luck.

Hardware: Amilo XI 3650

Nauti has a private real-life ^^ Most of us have one... ^^

Hey, sweet to see that i am not alone with the Fujitsu stuff. The MS Update should be used wisely. I set it to download but to install it manually. Because hybrid drivers are a bit complicated, updateting just intels wont work, so make that thing clear in future ^^

For now, till Nauti has some time to bring out a good package, I have resignated. Now I am using only NVidia, shut down the Intel in bios. Now I use the latest official NVidia drivers, got a HUGE performance boost! Its aweseome!

I would recomment to everyone, to test with hybrid OFF, try the official NVidia drivers, than with new package compare it. Scince my laptop stays at home, I dont need the Intel, would be nice, but now I want performance :-)

Edited by Freak

Hey, sweet to see that i am not alone with the Fujitsu stuff. The MS Update should be used wisely. I set it to download but to install it manually. Because hybrid drivers are a bit complicated, updateting just intels wont work, so make that thing clear in future ^^

For now, till Nauti has some time to bring out a good package, I have resignated. Now I am using only NVidia, shut down the Intel in bios. Now I use the latest official NVidia drivers, got a HUGE performance boost! Its aweseome!

I would recomment to everyone, to test with hybrid OFF, try the official NVidia drivers, than with new package compare it. Scince my laptop stays at home, I dont need the Intel, would be nice, but now I want performance :-)

My Acer Aspire 5935G has the hybrid option in the bios, but when its set to descreet, there is no difference. Intel chip is still active, and official nvidia drivers do not work.

First of all, sure glad you are working on drivers. Great job! Maybe I have missed it, but I have a pre-Dell Alienware M15x-R. The last driver version I can get to work is the official NVidia release 186.03. I tried several of the drivers in the library here, but to no avail. Even after signing the drivers in test mode, I have gotten a couple blue screens after reboot. Anyone able to help?

Edited by Ulfe

Hello, Well Anybody had luck installing NVidia ION2 on XP?

I own Asus Eee 1215N with Intel GMA and ION2 Hybrid. Cant change a card in bios. Would like to use XL instead of 7... unfortunatelly i couldnt find any solution or drivers:/ Please help!

Guest yuppidooo

so he souldnt release buggy drivers every 5 months without facing all the complaints from user that cant install the drivers(they are a lot)

and whats about the all other users(90% of the total) that cant switch off the card from the bios???

sorry, i cant, i only have 5 different sets of not working drivers

This is e-mail from Nautis.

Hi Andrew' date='

My Vaio Z broke and I am in the process of fixing it. Seems like the power adapter shorted and may have fried a component on the motherboard. I have replaced a couple parts on it but still have the motherboard to replace. I was trying to log in to laptopvideo2go and notebookreview but they are blocked at my office. Been working hard to get up enough money to replace the motherboard. I hope to have the motherboard ordered soon and be back up in a couple of weeks.

I can try to take a look at your INF and files but I cant test without my notebook. :)

Hopefully you can let the rest know.

-Nautis (down but not out)

[/Quote']

Edit:

I am releasing Nvidia 263.15 - Intel 2266 for VPC-Z1, but I am not very active in this forum. I know that the driver will work with dell vostro 3700, lenovo thinkpad t410i/s, acer aspire 4745g with nvidia 310m/330m, but I think I will consider working with it.

Edited by Andrew08

Hello to everyone, i have just finished checking this thread for keyword "ion", i am also an asus 1215n owner, and i wish to install windows Xp on it. How could you guys miss Asus 1215n which is an Ion2 - optimus enabled netbook for such a long time?

It would be great if there were a way to swich GPUs on the fly in XP, but still, i wish to at least make ion work. For few days i have been trying to modify nvidia .inf file in order to make it work. So far, i tryied installing drivers as for 310m, and all ions that were in that .inf. , sadly, with no success. Sections associated with dev id's differ from one version to another, i took some time for me to understand how these .inf files work. Anyway, i think that there should be a way to make it work, since there are ZOTAC nettops that use the same GPU/CPU nad they work pretty well on XP.

Nvidia ion2 dev id. - 0a76.

Still, i couldn't find a solution for this problem, and there are so many people waiting for it :)

Oh my Gosh!

Everyone! Forget about WindowsXP! Its so damn old that there is NO WAY to get the new functions working! By the way, comparing Windows7 and XP, I can say where WindowsXP ran, Windows7 does just the same! The high wanted RAM size, is not nesessary! Its fine, but not a high needed thing!

To make it absolute clear:

1. You wont get drivers for ION for f...ing old XP!

2. You wont get drivers for hybrid, ION+Intel !!! NEVER

3. You will never get the new ENERGY-POWER-SAVING options in WindowsXP working! They are an invention by Windows7!!! (some from Windows Vista).

So, just use Windows7 on the machine, youll be much more hapier than with an stoneold os!

Edited by Freak

so he souldnt release buggy drivers every 5 months without facing all the complaints from user that cant install the drivers(they are a lot)

Saying things like this is pushing excelent guys like Nauti to stop there work! Think about what Nauti is doing for us, so just complaining wont help anyone!

Guys, the alternative option is to use the official very old stock drivers! This is the bad side when using laptops!

Oh my Gosh!

Everyone! Forget about WindowsXP! Its so damn old that there is NO WAY to get the new functions working! By the way, comparing Windows7 and XP, I can say where WindowsXP ran, Windows7 does just the same! The high wanted RAM size, is not nesessary! Its fine, but not a high needed thing!

To make it absolute clear:

1. You wont get drivers for ION for f...ing old XP!

2. You wont get drivers for hybrid, ION+Intel !!! NEVER

3. You will never get the new ENERGY-POWER-SAVING options in WindowsXP working! They are an invention by Windows7!!! (some from Windows Vista).

So, just use Windows7 on the machine, youll be much more hapier than with an stoneold os!

Hey 'freak', you think you are smart? If you don't like Win Xp, don't use it, but there are people that find XP, let's say.., a more professional working platform. There are some specifics with Asus 1215n, in terms of performance, and who cares about those 4gb while CPU is the biggest bottleneck in the system?. Keh.., to who i am trying to explain these things?..., enjoy your super bouncy, retard-oriented windows.

-----

For Nautis.

Today, i spent a whole day trying to mod a driver that's meant for other netbooks that share the same videocard, still the same 'code 10'.

Look, let's take for example (Asus 1201pn,1015pn, or even a zotac-HD nettop), they all use the same next-gen ion card, they're not meant for optimus, but physically they all have the same card, right?.

I don't know what's with zotac, but the cards that are in 1201,1015(pn)have the same dev_id (0a76), the only difference is sybsystem; 1215n has {84461043), and 1201pn,1015pn has {84471043}. i'm not 100% sure about that but that's what i figured out from drivers. Interesting is that those netbooks have drivers for XP, i hardly believe that enabled optimus feature made 1215n one not to accept those drivers. I don't care about optimus, in the end there should be a way to make a script that will swich the cards when a user logs off, or change video modes.

I think it's possible because there are lenovo/sony models that can swich the cards real time in XP, they don't use optimus, instead they have a physical swich. Technically, when a computer boots, both cards are connected and running, but when it comes to loading an OS, one of the cards is being stopped, right? I understand that if both cards are hardware connected, then it comes to find a software solution that will technically do the same as that physical swich. I don't know if it's real, but i think that it could be done by sending the inverted code of the one that is used to stop a card, probably with a direct connection to bios, while changing a video mode, or swiching users.

Sorry, i gone too far from the subject. It's not card swiching the solution i seek, it would be nice if it were at least possible to make drivers work with ion under XP. Technically, the card is working with stock vga.dll drivers, if i disable intel HD ones in safe mode. So, it's the NVIDIA corp., the ones that messed things up here.

Guest nablisi transfor

I am releasing Nvidia 263.15 - Intel 2266 for VPC-Z1, but I am not very active in this forum. I know that the driver will work with dell vostro 3700, lenovo thinkpad t410i/s, acer aspire 4745g with nvidia 310m/330m, but I think I will consider working with it.

Oh, any date on that?

I tried to Install the HGMS N26590 I2226 x64 driver but it won't work on my Vostro 3700. The drivers install and all but the system can't load the Intel Drivers.

Any help here?

Thanks!