LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Guest AndehX

Ok, for anyone with the Acer Aspire 5935G, DO NOT use the latest 2.09 bios, as the graphics option in the bios does not work. Setting it to Discreet, or Integrated, has no effect at all. All I can guess is that it's bugged.

DO NOT use the 2.08 bios either as setting the bios to Discreet causes Windows 7 to crash upon loading (even crashes when you try to do a fresh install)

USE 2.07! I am using this bios now, and the graphics option in the bios works perfectly. I'm currently running the discreet GT 240M graphics, and have the integrated Intel MHD4500 disabled. Windows 7 works without any problems.

As far as i'm concerned, problem solved. If you have a similar issue, downgrade to 2.07 bios.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest AndehX

Ok, for anyone with the Acer Aspire 5935G, DO NOT use the latest 2.09 bios, as the graphics option in the bios does not work. Setting it to Discreet, or Integrated, has no effect at all. All I can guess is that it's bugged.

DO NOT use the 2.08 bios either as setting the bios to Discreet causes Windows 7 to crash upon loading (even crashes when you try to do a fresh install)

USE 2.07! I am using this bios now, and the graphics option in the bios works perfectly. I'm currently running the discreet GT 240M graphics, and have the integrated Intel MHD4500 disabled. Windows 7 works without any problems.

As far as i'm concerned, problem solved. If you have a similar issue, downgrade to 2.07 bios.

Guest Keshiji

i uploaded 2 working graphic driver.

VPCZ1 Nvidia 26314 2266

VPCZ1 Nvidia 26314 2281 signed

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/342947-my-discoveries-vaio-z-s-hybrid-graphics-252.html#post7176699

Sadly it's for your Sony laptop. I'd love to check if I can make it work on my Vostro 3700 but I don't "know" what kind of modifications I'd need to do.

Cheers.

The Problem with fresh install of Windows 7 x64, diskrete graphic, is for BIOS 2.06 too, black screen. I have BIOS 2.08 and i have install Windows 7, using extern display, this work. You need the display along install the graphic driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a Asus UL80VT with Hybrid graphics and tried mistakenly to update to the latest Nvidia drivers... Here's what happened.

I want to test out the newer drivers(267.76), but after installing them (started the process in Nvidia mode) it disabled the Hybrid functionality and now I seem stuck in Intel mode. I want to get back to Nvidia mode with the newer drivers installed. I don't care if I can go to Intel mode as I don't care about power consumption. I just want my faster graphics back. Now I could install the "proper" hybrid drivers, but don't want to do this. I have the latest of both driver sets. My plan is to download the Hybrid Driver from Asus and make a custom driver for myself. I assume this is what Nautis was trying to accomplish on his own system. I will be using these drivers as a basis to see what modifications need to be done. When finished and if successful I will post my findings here as they may be of use to others.

Hello, I have a Asus UL80VT with Hybrid graphics and tried mistakenly to update to the latest Nvidia drivers... Here's what happened.

I want to test out the newer drivers(267.76), but after installing them (started the process in Nvidia mode) it disabled the Hybrid functionality and now I seem stuck in Intel mode. I want to get back to Nvidia mode with the newer drivers installed. I don't care if I can go to Intel mode as I don't care about power consumption. I just want my faster graphics back. Now I could install the "proper" hybrid drivers, but don't want to do this. I have the latest of both driver sets. My plan is to download the Hybrid Driver from Asus and make a custom driver for myself. I assume this is what Nautis was trying to accomplish on his own system. I will be using these drivers as a basis to see what modifications need to be done. When finished and if successful I will post my findings here as they may be of use to others.

I have tried to make a custom .inf for the latest Intel and Nvidia drivers by following Nautis' method but with no luck. I would recommend that you download the optimus driver (Nvidia 266.58) from their homepage and get the custom .inf for our notebooks (UL30/50/80vt) from the last page of the 'optimus on hybrid graphics' thread. Follow the instructions on the first page and you have a notebook with fully upgraded Nvidia and Intel drivers (266.58 - Intel 2302). I'm discussing the power consumption with Darmach in the thread and it seems that the discharging current is nearly the same as with the hybrid drivers. Also, you wont need to change to discrete graphics every time you need to use the Nvidia GPU as it will turn on automatically when needed.

Edited by Madswk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vincelix

NAUTIS I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS NOW GUYS ARE AWESOME AND FREAKING SMART THATS FOR SURE. NOW I CAN FINALLY PLAY SHOGUN 2 TOTAL WAR YIIIHAAA!:)

Guest cKm83

Hey guys, anyone able to help me? I'm using a acer aspire 4750g with a GT540M on board. I've been trying to mod the 270.51 drivers so that I'm able to install it but so far no luck :/

Here's my hardware ID

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF4&SUBSYS_05071025

Guest cKm83

I've tried that link. The website gave a error not found. Using the direct link from the forums for the inf, the installer also gave the "NVIDIA Installer Failed" error that I've been experiencing.

Guest Shawn

Uploading a new full package of [N258.96 / I2020] with PhysX, HDAudio and the INF included. I don't expect this to work fully for everyone right of the bat and will need testing. On my VPC model Vaio Z I have backlight adjustment issues, switching to intel and back seems to fix them though.

-

EDIT:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS DRIVER SET HAS BEEN POSTED FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!

Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 [beta 1] Windows 7/Vista 64bit

Make sure your notebook has the latest BIOs as many have fixes for Hybrid Graphics issues.

Uninstall your existing graphics drivers when set to Speed/Performance/Nvidia and make sure you see both Video Devices in Device manager before installing.

Download the Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 Windows 7/Vista 64bit [beta 1]

Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO)from NGO

Extract N25896_I2020_x64_FULL.exe and run Setup.exe in the folder you extracted it to.

After installation is finished do not reboot instead run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) [dseo13b.exe].

In Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) choose “Enable Test Mode” and click “Next” then “Ok”.

After Test Mode has been set choose “Sign a System File” -> “Next” and then type or paste the following

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys

Or whatever location your Windows is installed

Click “Ok”

Choose Sign a “System File” AGAIN then “Next” and type or paste

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

Or whatever location your Windows is installed

Reboot and the drivers should work.

-

259.09 currently in testing.

Hi,

I would like to add some info here regarding BenQ S42 running this driver. Everything works fine except that it doesn't support dual monitor.

'Only can support 1 display'. I have previously installed 195.68 and it can support dial monitor, is there anyway I can go around this with the new driver?

Oh, any date on that?

I tried to Install the HGMS N26590 I2226 x64 driver but it won't work on my Vostro 3700. The drivers install and all but the system can't load the Intel Drivers.

Any help here?

Thanks!

check on the optimus topic and I can confirm that vostro 3700 is working using that method. I am very happy man now with 270.61 on my dell

• 1 month later...

ANY NEW X86 DRIVER , PLZ..

Hi,

I would like to add some info here regarding BenQ S42 running this driver. Everything works fine except that it doesn't support dual monitor.

'Only can support 1 display'. I have previously installed 195.68 and it can support dial monitor, is there anyway I can go around this with the new driver?

Had the exact same problem! Get NastyFileRemover, deinstall ALL drivers, run NFR and clean EVERYTHING out. Than install your new drivers, will be work fine!

ANY NEW X86 DRIVER , PLZ..

Guess there wont be x86, 32bit drivers, cause 32bit systems are going to die soon. Specially for gaming and performance systems, 64bit is a must have, not to have the 4GB at-all-memory restiction! Go get Win7 64bit!

Edited by Freak

Had the exact same problem! Get NastyFileRemover, deinstall ALL drivers, run NFR and clean EVERYTHING out. Than install your new drivers, will be work fine!

Yes. Cleaning is very important. After reboot, check in device manager to confirm that there are TWO standard VGA devices shown, one with an exclamation mark showing that it has a problem. If necessary, uninstall drivers in safe mode until you get to that stage.

I have gone back and forth between Hybrid and Optimus drivers several times now. Uninstalling the Intel driver is a little tricky, sometimes, as the screen goes black during uninstalltion. Don't reboot just yet - let the uninstallation complete.

Has anyone tried manually changing the driver to standard VGA and then uninstalling the Intel drivers. Perhaps the black screen might be avoided this way. I'll try next time I switch.

• 2 weeks later...

275.50 non WHQL is out.

Release notes:

Support for Hybrid Power, a Hybrid SLI technology, is discontinued and not available

with this driver.

:)
Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets is not supported by this

release.

The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F

Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M and

NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported

at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).

Fujitsu notebooks are not supported by this release (Fujitsu Siemens

notebooks are supported).

Edited by anytimer

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! That driver pack worked like a charm.

I downloaded the Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 Windows 7/Vista 64bit [beta 1]

Installation worked easy and the usage of the Notebooks feels more stable then before.

The system I'm using is an Amilo Xa3650

4gb t55 2,66 GHz

Nautilus your effort brought an enrichment to my work!

I hope you can enjoy living.

Best regards!

Anis.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dimitris10

Sorry in advance for my ignorance.

I read all 23 pages and got a little confused! I've downloaded the "HGMS_N19190_I1994_x32.exe" but have some freezes occasionally.

So, I would like someone to give me a link with the latest working drivers for my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi3650.

The instructions at the first post are still valid? I just have to follow them? Please, a little help to a noob here...

Thank you.

Nvidia SLi Hybrid Graphics 9600m GT.

Windows 7 32bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m3ska

please add acer aspire 5745pg

nvidia 310m

hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_04651025&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_04651025

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_0300

Why doesn't it work to just add the generic, compatible IDs:

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

Wouldn't that allow ALL GT330m devices? That's what I did with the optimus drivers and it seemed to work.

The section number in the inf is very important. Get that wrong and you'll have problems.

Guest Asus User

What is the latest version of the Nvdia and Intel drivers that work well in the hybrid-switchable (non-Optimus) mode for the Asus UL-xx laptops?

Guest morgan

I have an Asus UX50V running Win7 64bit and I've installed the Hybrid Graphics Master Set for Win Vista/7 64bit [Nvidia: 191.97 | Intel: 1994] drivers, then ran the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider. The Nvidia device shows up in device manager again, after having disappeared thanks to the Asus VGA patch. Now the Intel display adapter shows up with the yellow exclamation point. The only problem is that I can't make the screen resolution higher than 1024x768 and the hybrid graphics switcher toolbar app has disappeared. Now what?

I have been using 275.33 since I brought a factory-refub UL80VT for the last 2 months. I replaced nvam.inf found here

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/26410-optimus-on-hybrid-graphics/page__st__280 and did a clean install. It has been working fine since.

What is the latest version of the Nvdia and Intel drivers that work well in the hybrid-switchable (non-Optimus) mode for the Asus UL-xx laptops?