LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Posted reply there. Doxs set is a whole different beast.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Guest Wasylek

I have vaio vgn-z11xn with vista32 and after installing your drivers and rebooting, my 9300m gs is viewing only half of my desktop with stripes in different colors. Switching panel is working and intel card is performing well. What is the case? Please help.

I have vaio vgn-z11xn with vista32 and after installing your drivers and rebooting, my 9300m gs is viewing only half of my desktop with stripes in different colors. Switching panel is working and intel card is performing well. What is the case? Please help.

You need to update your bios.

Basically there was a bug in the older Vaio Z bios that caused the split screen garbled color issue with newer drivers.

The latest officially released Hybrid Graphics drivers from Sony work great with the latest bios update. Without updating your BIOS you will get a half screen garbled mess.

LOWEST BIOS version by model for proper graphics functionality:

Z590/Z2 Series and lower models = R2170M3

Z690/Z3 Series and newer models = R4043M3

THESE BIOS ARE FOR THE OLD VGNZ MODELS NOT THE NEW VPCZ11 MODELS

Guest vavabavava

Basically there was a bug in the older Vaio Z bios that caused the split screen garbled color issue with newer drivers.

The latest officially released Hybrid Graphics drivers from Sony work great with the latest bios update. Without updating your BIOS you will get a half screen garbled mess.

Nautis, you definitely know everything about vaiOZ.

Guest wasylek

thanks for fast replay it helped, but i have another issue- I can use only 1600:900 (max) display resolution. When i am changing it in windows,games screen isnt fitting to my laptop display it is only shrinking with black stripe (if resolutions is less stripe is bigger).

http://www.nautisiandesigns.com/drivers/latest/HGMS_N19197_I1994_x64.exe

I have the machine in my profile, and the only thing I can say: AWESOME DUDE!!! YOU ROCK!

I tested the drivers with JustCause2 and beside I got new graphic options, I can realy set some options higher, without loosing framerates. This gives a real performance-boost!!! I could kiss your arse man!!!

First I got some troubles with the driver signing, but with turning it off, all works fine. Moreover just updated the drivers with setup.exe, so the language is still german, coulnd be bether!!! :)

Just tested hybernation, all going right, sleeping in a second, as fast as coming back...NICE WORK!!! You need to sign or to sell that driver to firms...to Fujitsu, so they can officialy sign it... :)

Edited by Freak

http://www.nautisiandesigns.com/drivers/latest/HGMS_N19197_I1994_x64.exe

I have the machine in my profile, and the only thing I can say: AWESOME DUDE!!! YOU ROCK!

I tested the drivers with JustCause2 and beside I got new graphic options, I can realy set some options higher, without loosing framerates. This gives a real performance-boost!!! I could kiss your arse man!!!

First I got some troubles with the driver signing, but with turning it off, all works fine. Moreover just updated the drivers with setup.exe, so the language is still german, coulnd be bether!!! :)

Just tested hybernation, all going right, sleeping in a second, as fast as coming back...NICE WORK!!! You need to sign or to sell that driver to firms...to Fujitsu, so they can officialy sign it... :)

No arse kissing needed. Glad they work and work well for you.

The link you posted is to a test version but the final should be almost exactly the same (at least in your case it will be). I am trying to add proper support for the VPCZ11 Vaio Z and fix an issue for the M11x along with adding semi-universal support for any notebooks that I may be missing. As soon as I finish those things I am going to post it to the first post here along with detailed instructions.

One of the only reported issues thus far with the test driver in the link you posted has been an issue with adjusting brightness in certain situations. I guess I will link both 64 & 32bit test versions in my first post with proper install and driver signing instructions.

For me and my engine brightness control is working fine!

Hope you find out about the 197.xx drivers...must be some more performance boosts...wooohooo...

Man, I just cannot believe I got new driver... :)

For me and my engine brightness control is working fine!

Hope you find out about the 197.xx drivers...must be some more performance boosts...wooohooo...

Man, I just cannot believe I got new driver... :)

Almost have the 197 series working. There is only one problem left to tackle and they will be working fine. Currently everything works well except for switching back to nvidia from intel.

Hi Nautis,

thanks for the new hybrid drivers.

I will test them on my ASUS UL80VT and give feedback.

I just wanted to ask, if there is any progress in the Optimus drivers from the other discussion...??

Thanks for good work :-)

Almost have the 197 series working. There is only one problem left to tackle and they will be working fine. Currently everything works well except for switching back to nvidia from intel.

Hi Nautis,

thanks for the new hybrid drivers.

I will test them on my ASUS UL80VT and give feedback.

I just wanted to ask, if there is any progress in the Optimus drivers from the other discussion...??

Thanks for good work :-)

Progress.. not much really. I have been very busy with trying to get the 197 series working with both Optimus and Hybrid Graphics. I am very close on the Hybrid Graphics front. I am looking for Asus UL80VT users to test Optimus as I assume it should work much the same way it does on the new Vaio Z and M11x. Optimus on Hybrid Graphics is still very much a proof of concept though. I am trying to get people to test on as much of a variety of notebooks as I can so I can figure out the differences.

Looking forward to hearing back on your test results.

Regarding Optimus, I have already confirmed in your other discussion, that it works exactly the same way as on Alienware M11x.

Maybe you missed it.

You do not get the delay problem, but both cards are probably turned on all the time. Also the overlay is there when you are in 3D :-(

So Asus UL80VT is already tested with 189.42 Optimus drivers and your INF file :-)

Progress.. not much really. I have been very busy with trying to get the 197 series working with both Optimus and Hybrid Graphics. I am very close on the Hybrid Graphics front. I am looking for Asus UL80VT users to test Optimus as I assume it should work much the same way it does on the new Vaio Z and M11x. Optimus on Hybrid Graphics is still very much a proof of concept though. I am trying to get people to test on as much of a variety of notebooks as I can so I can figure out the differences.

Looking forward to hearing back on your test results.

Regarding Optimus, I have already confirmed in your other discussion, that it works exactly the same way as on Alienware M11x.

Maybe you missed it.

You do not get the delay problem, but both cards are probably turned on all the time. Also the overlay is there when you are in 3D :-(

So Asus UL80VT is already tested with 189.42 Optimus drivers and your INF file :-)

<- :) Ahh indeed you did. Sorry Sedlo I apparently did not mark it on my list. Thanks for correcting my overlook and restating how it works. I have a lot on my plate at this point. I have it marked down now. Sedlo confirms the UL80VT (I would have to assume UL30VT & UL50VT work the same.) Thank you for all of your testing I really do appreciate it. :)

No problem...

I saw your posts all over forum.notebookreview.com and I can imagine, it can be really hard to keep track of everything :w00t:

So when you need to test the next new version of Optimus, just contact me, I will gladly do it :unsure:

Thanks again :P

<- :) Ahh indeed you did. Sorry Sedlo I apparently did not mark it on my list. Thanks for correcting my overlook and restating how it works. I have a lot on my plate at this point. I have it marked down now. Sedlo confirms the UL80VT (I would have to assume UL30VT & UL50VT work the same.) Thank you for all of your testing I really do appreciate it. :)

No problem...

I saw your posts all over forum.notebookreview.com and I can imagine, it can be really hard to keep track of everything :P

So when you need to test the next new version of Optimus, just contact me, I will gladly do it :)

Thanks again :)

Yeah along with downloading and testing every new driver released (currently testing 197.44&45) I am currently finishing up my Hybrid Graphics Master Set, Gathering Optimus settings and possible fixes, Building custom VPCZ11 drivers, Trying to fix the M11xs power issues, and building a new 197 set for testing (probably both on the UL*0VT and VPC Vaio Z.) These are on top of explaining Hybrid Graphics and Optimus to any and everyone and posting little fixes and tweaks here and there (like the Hybrid Graphics whitelist.) Whew...

By the way Sedlo have you tested Itarus method for getting 197 to work on the UL80VT yet? I am still amazed if it is fully working since it will be the only Hybrid Graphics notebook with a fully working 197 set.

Yes, I am using the drivers created by Itarus' method, right now. They gave me additional 50 points in 3D mark '06.

All seems well, stable. Also it is possible to enable PhysX (officially not supported on GeForce 210M).

Switching seems to work fine.

Are there some tests that I run for you on these drivers?

Nautis1100' date='13 April 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1271181833' post='129026']

Yeah along with downloading and testing every new driver released (currently testing 197.44&45) I am currently finishing up my Hybrid Graphics Master Set, Gathering Optimus settings and possible fixes, Building custom VPCZ11 drivers, Trying to fix the M11xs power issues, and building a new 197 set for testing (probably both on the UL*0VT and VPC Vaio Z.) These are on top of explaining Hybrid Graphics and Optimus to any and everyone and posting little fixes and tweaks here and there (like the Hybrid Graphics whitelist.) Whew...

By the way Sedlo have you tested Itarus method for getting 197 to work on the UL80VT yet? I am still amazed if it is fully working since it will be the only Hybrid Graphics notebook with a fully working 197 set.

post-43513-127119009287_thumb.png

Yes, I am using the drivers created by Itarus' method, right now. They gave me additional 50 points in 3D mark '06.

All seems well, stable. Also it is possible to enable PhysX (officially not supported on GeForce 210M).

Switching seems to work fine.

Are there some tests that I run for you on these drivers?

Interesting. I am going to add 197.45 to my build list for the Asus Hybrid Graphics notebooks then I guess. I assume the Intel drivers on your system end in 1855?

I wonder if the newer Intel drivers would work on your notebooks. This is very interesting. You can switch back and forth between Intel and Nvidia parts fine?

The only issue currently with most other Hybrid Graphics notebooks with the 197 series is switching from intel to nvidia. The newer Sony Vaio Z includes the newer Intel drivers that other Hybrid Graphics notebooks are not working with. And now I get word that the Asus Hybrid Graphics Notebooks are working 100% with the 197 series. Boy I wish there was some consistency here.

Just tried your driver, have something to report(btw i'm using Acer Aspire 5935G):

1. When using Intel vga, the screen brightness was same when using Nvidia. Also I cannot change the brightness. Previously when using 187.45(official acer hybrid driver) the Intel vga was darker then Nvidia vga.

2. The power smart button(to change the VGA) is responding, but cannot change the VGA. I have to use the taskbar icon to change it. Have no problem with the power smart button when using 187.45(acer driver).

Sorry for my bad english.

Could it be, that some of us are just updating drivers, some are using a complete new installation, with before that absolute cleaning and wiping out the old drivers?

To see if you still got some old drivers in use, take this tool and run it. For cleaning and wiping away all the old drivers, this tool is awesome.

So to clean: Deinstall your drivers, start the tool, erase all found files, reboot. Than you got a vga-driver-clean windows.

Where to get it:

For german here

for english here

So for me, I just updated the driver, but with NFR I can see, that all components are updated to the new version. But it could be the reason I dont have problems with the 191.xx drivers. So if you update, make sure that you are using the new drivers :)

Got another issue: What exactly happens with the 197.xx drivers, when switching back to Intel? Just a black screen? So try [windows-button] + [P]...hit left or right arrow, enter...this is what gives me my picture back. For some for me unknown reasons, sometimes Intel switches to the extern monitor. So if you dont have just a single monitor, this could male some trouble :)

Edited by Freak

Guest RoachX

Can someone please provide detailed install instructions for the 64bit drivers. I am trying to get them to run on my m11x with no luck. I

I uninstalled the original dell drivers, restarted. Installed the new ones, disabled UAC and put windows 7 into test mode using the linked util, restarted again. Signed the drivers as instructed and restarted again.

However windows still loads with out the Intel driver or nvidia driver enabled.

M11x is in switchable mode.

thanks

Can someone please provide detailed install instructions for the 64bit drivers. I am trying to get them to run on my m11x with no luck. I

I uninstalled the original dell drivers, restarted. Installed the new ones, disabled UAC and put windows 7 into test mode using the linked util, restarted again. Signed the drivers as instructed and restarted again.

However windows still loads with out the Intel driver or nvidia driver enabled.

M11x is in switchable mode.

thanks

What does it say under device manager for each of the devices (Intel & Nvidia)? Sounds like you did everything correctly.

HEllo! :)

My notebook is BenQ S42 with Vista 32.

I use now very old (default) drivers by BenQ on my Vista.

Old drivers not support PhisyX & many other new things :)

Nautis1100, Can u say - how most correct install your drivers step by step on my notebook?

1. Uninstall old drivers with Driver Sweeper!

2. When In safe mode install your drivers

It's right install way or not?

Please, correct me, if something wrong...

Edited by Lora_Lee

Guest starhawk

The 191.90 driver works fine on Benq S42 and since the 3D Vision driver doesnt support this version, I hope the switching problems on newer 32bit drivers can be solved soon.

Thanks for all the work Nautis!

What does it say under device manager for each of the devices (Intel & Nvidia)? Sounds like you did everything correctly.

sorry for the late reply

Just tried again. Took a screen shot of device manager after uninstalling the dell drivers and restarting and another one after installing your driver pack and restarting. Both were the same. It appears windows isn't seeing/reacting to your drivers at all, like they don't exist. All it does it load a generic intel driver.

edit

Maybe I'm not disable uac correctly. basically I'm just using msconfig and then moving the slider all the way down?

edit 2

Installing directly from device manager also didn't work. (In test mode using "have disk" to select your driver) See attachment 2

post-43642-127154563872_thumb.png

post-43642-127154662575_thumb.png

Edited by RoachX