LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

It's normal that you are able to update the driver but does the hybrid switch work?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It inst normal to be able to update it, if the switch was not working i wouldn't be able to even open nvidia control panel. and if u paid attention to the icon of the hybrid switch i would know it is on. i manage to update it now to 296.10, got major boost in some games. here is a new pic with more details:eafps0.jpg

Edited by narniaforever

Congratulations. Sorry I didn't notice because I didn't know something like that existed so I didn't look well hehehe. Nice to know you are sorting it out :)

Edit: Maybe it's working because you have locked performance boost mode so now the laptop is always on nvidia card I don't know. Just a thought, I might be wrong. Thanks for the talking, I'm starting to learn a little bit about hybrid :)

Edited by Beyond

I wasted so many hours trying to get it to the 30x series drivers, but im failing.

Ok so what i did to update my hybrid nvidia card (geforce/intel) was kinda simple. I didnt lock the performance mode, cause so far, even though i tried, i was unable to.

comparing the 28x series nvdm.inf with the 29x series inf, i realized that they changed the command line to identify the hardware on our systems.

ex: 28x SERIES: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.04% = Section037, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_044E1028

29X SERIES: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.044E.1028% = Section037, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_044E1028

so what i did was, even with the change, paste the same old line from the 28x series, inside the 29x one. Even though the command line was different than all the others i saved and gave it a go.

i also changed the command line that makes your video card name appear properly in the device manager.

ex: 28x SERIES: NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.04 = "NVIDIA GeForce 310M"

29 SERIES: NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.044E.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce 310M"

As u can see its also different but i paste the old line into the new nvdm.inf like before.

well, it worked. the hybrid mode software remained.

researching at nvidia support site, they released a statement saying that they discontinued hybrid support on their drivers since 258.96 verde driver, witch is weird since i managed to do it, but after a while i realized that what i did, only worked because the SECTION that i used in the command line did not command the install manager to reinstall the CONTROL PANEL. if the control panel is reinstalled, it wipes away the hybrid mode that is inside the windows registry. here is a pic of what im talking about:

23u7uh2.jpg

Well needless to say, i tried the same method in the 30x series drivers, but it didnt work.

the idea of not reinstalling the control panel worked, cause after i install the 306.23 driver, the ability to use hybrid mode and the registry entries are still there, but when i look at the device manager both cards (geforce/intel) have a error message saying that windows was unable to load both drivers. The screen resolution goes 800x600, with no video drivers working (kinda like when u use the safe boot mode)

There is a way to do it, otherwise i wouldn't have come so far. there are so many varies that im looking into but no one seem to work.

Im gonna keep trying, but if someone else wants to break their heads here with me i would appreciate.

Oh last thing, here is NVDM.INF file that i used to get to 296: http://www.smallfiles.org/download/2449/nvdm.inf.html

Edited by narniaforever

ex: 28x SERIES: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.04% = Section037, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_044E1028

29X SERIES: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.044E.1028% = Section037, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_044E1028

ex: 28x SERIES: NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.04 = "NVIDIA GeForce 310M"

29 SERIES: NVIDIA_DEV.0A75.044E.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce 310M"

Changing those strings doesn't change anything. They are just names. Nice to know you are making it work by keeping the old part of the driver that makes hybrid work. Even if you can't get any newer driver to work don't worry because 296.10 is kinda new already.

Hi guys! Need your help asap!

I cannot find proper drivers for my GPU which is actually the 9600mGT. I've already tried these modded ones on this thread but I still get black screen!

Why is this happening?

This thing is driving me crazy. Going back to Vista is not an option for me.

Please tell me what to do. I've searched a llllllot for this on the internet and others who have the same problem suggested to sell it!

Not an option either.

Also, I've tried switching on and off the hybrid thing from BIOS and still getting black screen.

How can W7 x64 not be supported?!

That's "progress" - next thing to get unsupported is Optimus when they develop a new gizmo. I'm lucky I kept away from purchasing a SLI laptop.

That's "progress" - next thing to get unsupported is Optimus when they develop a new gizmo. I'm lucky I kept away from purchasing a SLI laptop.

In all fairness, the 2nd generation hybrid graphics from Nvidia is dependent on specific combo driver packages, while 3rd generation hybrid graphics (Optimus) allows for independent driver updating, which means as long as a Verde driver is available, it can be used on any GPU that didn't go through switched Device IDs like some manufacturers stubbornly like to do so (read, Sony).

Thank you mr Mod for acknowledging the problem but is there something I could do? I'm hopeless! Selling it is out of question!

Thank you...

No one? Maybe someone that still uses his 9600mGT in an x64 system can help me out...

Edited by Kokoulis19

It inst normal to be able to update it, if the switch was not working i wouldn't be able to even open nvidia control panel. and if u paid attention to the icon of the hybrid switch i would know it is on. i manage to update it now to 296.10, got major boost in some games. here is a new pic with more details:eafps0.jpg

Hey,

Can you tell me how you did it? I've been trying everything, but my drivers still not working properly. Can you send me a modified file by you?

Edited by moonka_km

Thanks man! Could you tell me which exact version of the driver I have to download and replace the file? Can you send me a link?

Here is my card id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_044F1028&REV_A2

And another question: Do I have to uninstall the drivers and install the new one? Do I have to do something else?

Edited by moonka_km

sure man here is the INF file http://www.smallfile.../nvdm.inf.html.

if u tell me ur PCI/DEV_ i can mod it for u, cause using mine wont help u

Hey mate! Sorry to bother u...

You seem very experienced... can u help me out?

Ok so here we go:

First here is the dell made switchable graphic driver, lets call this the 'base' driver (version 189.99):

http://www.dell.com/...leId=2731098796

if u had it already installed, i guess u don't need to do it again.

This is the latest driver i was able to update (still trying to make to 306):

http://www.nvidia.co...hql-driver.html

after u downloaded, extract the files, then cancel the installation. browse to the folder where it was extracted (prob: c:\nvidia), the open the Display.Driver folder and copy and replace the NVDM.INF with this one here:

http://www.smallfiles.org/download/2577/nvdm.inf.html

after that just go back one folder and hit setup and tell me how it went.

Edited by narniaforever

Hey mate! Sorry to bother u...

You seem very experienced... can u help me out?

tell me ur pci\dev_ and ill see what i can do

to do so, go to Device Manager, open display adapter, double click the card u want to update, go to details, scroll to HARDWARE IDS, copy the first line.

Edited by narniaforever

tell me ur pci\dev_ and ill see what i can do

to do so, go to Device Manager, open display adapter, double click the card u want to update, go to details, scroll to HARDWARE IDS, copy the first line.

Thank you so much for that! Because I'm at work I'll send you the details some time tomorrow.

I would do it now via TeamViewer but I have to install again the hybrid drivers because there is only Intel Graphics in device manager now.

Thanks again.

P.S. #515 is for me too?

Also, shouldn't I do what post #1 says so? With dso and stuff?

Edited by Kokoulis19

Thank you so much for that! Because I'm at work I'll send you the details some time tomorrow.

I would do it now via TeamViewer but I have to install again the hybrid drivers because there is only Intel Graphics in device manager now.

Thanks again.

P.S. #515 is for me too?

Also, shouldn't I do what post #1 says so? With dso and stuff?

no #515 is for the moonka dude there. and about doing that #1 post stuff, i dont think its necessary Edited by narniaforever

Ok so here we go:

First here is the dell made switchable graphic driver, lets call this the 'base' driver (version 189.99):

http://www.dell.com/...leId=2731098796

if u had it already installed, i guess u don't need to do it again.

This is the latest driver i was able to update (still trying to make to 306):

http://www.nvidia.co...hql-driver.html

after u downloaded, extract the files, then cancel the installation. browse to the folder where it was extracted (prob: c:\nvidia), the open the Display.Driver folder and copy and replace the NVDM.INF with this one here:

http://www.smallfile...7/nvdm.inf.html

after that just go back one folder and hit setup and tell me how it went.

Thanks for help man, everything works fine besides switching graphics card but I locked everything to using nvidia so it's ok for me. FIFA 13 works on max details on native resolution. Thanks again!

Edited by moonka_km

Thanks for help man, everything works fine besides switching graphics card but I locked everything to using nvidia so it's ok for me. FIFA 13 works on max details on native resolution. Thanks again!

what u mean u locked everything? u mean by the power schemes? Edited by narniaforever

Hey mate!

Here is my video card's id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_11481734&REV_A1

One question though... Do I have to "disable test mode" from dseo?

Because all this time I was in "test mode". And if I disable it I wont be able to use unverified drivers. Should I do it?

Also, these drivers are from Fujitsu-Siemens support site. They are 3 years old I think. If I try to install Nvidia drivers, system wont let me, so I have to go in BIOS and disable hybrid mode to get them installed. Then, I get black screens of course and have to switch on "hybrid mode" again. I know you are aware of all these but I have to tell you anyway.

So, I use "hybrid drivers setup" only from fs support site. Of course, I get black screens with these too, but they are the only ones which succeed to get installed without going to BIOS and disable hybrid mode.

P.S. Thank you so much again! I really, really appreciate it!

Feel free to ask me anything else you want. I'm desperate with this damn SLi stupidity!

EDIT:Here are the drivers for W7x64 systems from FS support site I use.

http://i49.tinypic.c...om/10ged1u.jpg

You can see this from here

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/ShowFiles.asp

Go "Mobile Devices"-->"former models AMILO"-->"AMILO Xi"-->"AMILO Notebook Xi3650"-->"UNCHECK show only supported operating systems"-->"HIT close"-->"CHECK Windows 7 x64 unsupported".

Edited by Kokoulis19

j

Edited by narniaforever

3) Sign the PortIO driver

- select "Sign a System File" > "Next" > enter the path to the used driver (eg. C:\JF\portio64.sys) > "OK" > "OK"

Actually, I was talking about dseo test mode. I have disabled UAC in years. :lol1:

However, I have hard time to understand this step 3.

How can I see where is the used driver path? You mean the original directory of the setup driver.

Sorry, I'm confused here..

P.S. Also, installed fujitsu driver without dseo. Still black screen BUT I observed better smoothness. With other drivers there is a noticeable lag.

P.S.1 Problem seems to be present with W7 x64. There were no problems AT ALL in Vista.

But I do not want to return back to Vista in any case!

EDIT: Ok there is this directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers

in which there are the files point64.sys and portcls.sys

Should there have been a portio64.sys? I'm all confused here mate...

Edited by Kokoulis19

what u mean u locked everything? u mean by the power schemes?

Exactly. Now nvidia does not switch to integrated card.

Actually, I was talking about dseo test mode. I have disabled UAC in years. :lol1:

However, I have hard time to understand this step 3.

How can I see where is the used driver path? You mean the original directory of the setup driver.

Sorry, I'm confused here..

P.S. Also, installed fujitsu driver without dseo. Still black screen BUT I observed better smoothness. With other drivers there is a noticeable lag.

P.S.1 Problem seems to be present with W7 x64. There were no problems AT ALL in Vista.

But I do not want to return back to Vista in any case!

EDIT: Ok there is this directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers

in which there are the files point64.sys and portcls.sys

Should there have been a portio64.sys? I'm all confused here mate...

Ops i forgot to give u the page where i got those steps. Step 2 and 3 need the download zip http://forums.360mod...hp?do=file&id=8. So download that zip and inside it there is the portio64.sys u talking about.

Do the steps with the tool (dseo13b.exe) on admin mode and tell me what u got so we can move on from there. There is a good chance that this dseo thing is blocking the driver. I agree with u that its a w7 thing, since u had no problems with vista.

Edited by narniaforever