LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Sorry everyone I will be responding to your comments shortly. I have just gotten 197.16 working fully on my old VGN model Vaio Z so I am going to be running some tests on it assuming everything works expect some NEW drivers soon.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you please add support for Alienware M15x

I have a 9800M GT hybrid with intel integrated card.

Thanks

Can you post a link to the official driver for the M15x with Hybrid Graphics, or at the absolute least the Hardware IDs of both Nvidia and Intel parts? (You can find the hardware id for each in device manager on the details tab.)

My next release should have all Hybrid Graphics capable Nvidia & Intel GPUs covered with generic settings. The ones that I know about I try to add the proper settings for full support.

@ RoachX

Could it be, that you didnt realy turn of the driver signing? Did you at least see the "Testmodus ..." in the right-low-side?

If you dont realy turn of the driver signing, you will get what you say. I had this exact same thing you describe. Two normal Intel drivers for both cards...no real resolution, no editable driver screen (rightclick on desktop -> nvidia or intel).

So be sure on that! :)

Yeah i verified it said test mode in the lower right. Anyway i moved on to the Itarus install trick and have the 197.16 drivers now. Hopefully they will be easier to work with for Nautis1100's next release.

Keep up the good work Nautis1100

@ RoachX

Could it be, that you didnt realy turn of the driver signing? Did you at least see the "Testmodus ..." in the right-low-side?

If you dont realy turn of the driver signing, you will get what you say. I had this exact same thing you describe. Two normal Intel drivers for both cards...no real resolution, no editable driver screen (rightclick on desktop -> nvidia or intel).

So be sure on that! :)

Yeah i verified it said test mode in the lower right. Anyway i moved on to the Itarus install trick and have the 197.16 drivers now. Hopefully they will be easier to work with for Nautis1100's next release.

Keep up the good work Nautis1100

Will do. Sorry bout that RoachX. Glad Itarus method is working for ya.

I have figured out how to get the drivers above the 191 series working properly for all Hybrid Graphics notebooks (to be confirmed in testing.) I have Nvidia 197.45 & Intel 1994 installed currently on my old Vaio Z. I knew I was close so I was really focusing in on it. This should allow us to use any new Nvidia drivers that we want. Now the only thing we have left to fix are the Intel drivers above 1994 and then ANY drivers from either Nvidia or Intel can be installed.

Guest Xeladon

Can you post a link to the official driver for the M15x with Hybrid Graphics, or at the absolute least the Hardware IDs of both Nvidia and Intel parts? (You can find the hardware id for each in device manager on the details tab.)

My next release should have all Hybrid Graphics capable Nvidia & Intel GPUs covered with generic settings. The ones that I know about I try to add the proper settings for full support.

link for the lateset driver http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=IT&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=ALW_LP_M15X&hidos=WV64&hidlang=it&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

hardware ID for the Nvidia card:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060B&SUBSYS_0770152D&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060B&SUBSYS_0770152D

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060B&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060B&CC_0300

thanks a lot ^^

I have figured out how to get the drivers above the 191 series working properly for all Hybrid Graphics notebooks (to be confirmed in testing.) I have Nvidia 197.45 & Intel 1994 installed currently on my old Vaio Z. I knew I was close so I was really focusing in on it. This should allow us to use any new Nvidia drivers that we want. Now the only thing we have left to fix are the Intel drivers above 1994 and then ANY drivers from either Nvidia or Intel can be installed.

Dell released m11x beta Hybrid driver yesterday... 197.12

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=ALW_LP_M11X&os=W764&osl=en&catid=&impid=

I tested on my m11x... works fine and support CUDA... finally.

Yeah..saw that. Thank you.

Unfortunately these will really only work with the M11x and maybe Asus UL3/5/80VT if modded properly. There are now "Old" and "New" Hybrid Graphics notebooks so universal compatibility is a little more difficult.

Will be uploading 197.45 32 & 64bit packages tonight. These should work on all Hybrid Graphics notebooks except for the new VPCZ11 model Vaio Zs. Will need testing of course to confirm this.

We are very close to getting new drivers working on the VPCZ11 model Vaio Zs.

What do you mean by saing "not working"? The drivers cannot be used anyway, or are there just some functions not working? Coming back after Hybernating doesnt work?

So, if the driver works, but there is just a little problem I could live with, till its fixed soon, I will be glad to test them.

BTW: Is there a big difference between the Sony hardware and the one I use? Cause youre talking all the time about Sony ^^ But if it works on your machines, it also works on my Fujitsu, doesnt it? And, the Dell drivers arent hybrid-drivers, are they?

Edited by Freak

What do you mean by saing "not working"? The drivers cannot be used anyway, or are there just some functions not working? Coming back after Hybernating doesnt work?

So, if the driver works, but there is just a little problem I could live with, till its fixed soon, I will be glad to test them.

BTW: Is there a big difference between the Sony hardware and the one I use? Cause youre talking all the time about Sony ^^ But if it works on your machines, it also works on my Fujitsu, doesnt it? And, the Dell drivers arent hybrid-drivers, are they?

These should work fine on your Fujitsu as should the next set. The only issue I have seen thus far is a brightness glitch where if it boots to the Nvidia part keyboard brightness control will not work until switched to Intel and back. Your Fujitsu and my old (VGNZ) Vaio Z are very similar when it comes to Hybrid Graphics. The new M11x, Asus, & VPCZ11 Vaio Zs are a bit different when it comes to Hybrid Graphics.

Where are the new drivers? I cant find them o.O

Yeah Starhawk bit of a delay, sorry bout that. I will TRY to have a 197 set up tonight. Sorry for the delays.

Hey, good to see that you havent died^^ (just kidding)

You realy dont need to say sorry, youre the only one that manages to give us REALY new drivers! So, take your time, than you'll do a great job! Just as you did so far! Nice to have found you man! :)

Edited by Freak

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the next release of this driver?

Just tried your driver, have something to report(btw i'm using Acer Aspire 5935G):

1. When using Intel vga, the screen brightness was same when using Nvidia. Also I cannot change the brightness. Previously when using 187.45(official acer hybrid driver) the Intel vga was darker then Nvidia vga.

2. The power smart button(to change the VGA) is responding, but cannot change the VGA. I have to use the taskbar icon to change it. Have no problem with the power smart button when using 187.45(acer driver).

Sorry for my bad english.

Id like to second this.

Hi, I wanted to develop with the latest CUDA 3 toolkit on my Vaio VPC Z 116 which requires a newer driver version from the one that comes with the Sony. Unfortunately the latest NVIDIA driver does not officially support Vaio notebooks. Has anyone tried installing the latest NVIDIA driver onto a VPC Z machine? Any limitations/issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nautis.. I Got Acer 5745G with GT 330M graphic inside it.. Can i apply your driver into my laptop? And do you guys have any idea which driver is the best for GT 330M? Because i am hardly to find the best driver for it.. Thanks.. :)

Edited by Grano

The newest would be the best^^

Guest miahahaha

Just want to ask, the test driver, is it just for x64?? Can x86 use it??....

Am a user of BenQ S42, and now running with Nautis 191.90 x86 driver, it work flawlessly :) ...just want to ask, whether can update to the latest test driver, i also want to test :)

Hi my labtop is BenQ s42 on win7 x86 now use nautis 190.91 x86 it very fantastic

Thank you very much Nautis1100

Guys i have troubels with Graphic acceleration in Photoshop 5 on 9600mGT (Benq S42 Win7 X64 Test Package 197,45 driver). On Nautilus's 191 driver i have same problems.

Anybody have tricks to fix it?

1579476.th.jpg

post-35256-127567342996_thumb.jpg

post-35256-127567344413_thumb.jpg

Edited by nefx

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 6/24/10 - Found a couple of cool new feature(s). New Hybrid Graphics Notebooks. New Drivers.

Nvidia has finally added a feature to their hybrid power taskbar application that allows for easier whitelisting and blacklisting of programs. This will allow you to unlock programs that may be blocking switching without having to quit them first.

Always on the lookout for new Hybrid Graphics (aka Switchable Graphics) notebooks. I have recently stumbled upon new notebooks from Lenovo and Asus that feature the new generation of Hybrid Graphics (with Intel HD) like the VPCZ11/12 Vaio Zs.

The new 256 series of drivers seems to have introduced a new set of issues with Hybrid Graphics notebooks. 258.49 seems to be the only one thus far that seems to function semi-correctly. (I haven't tested 258.19 yet) I have posted a Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package for testing but am already working on revisions to it. The package does not include the new features or notebooks and I need more testing on Hybrid Graphics notebooks other than the (VGNZ) Vaio Z.

Reported Issues:

Vaio Z (Z11/12) - Still can not get the newer drivers working on the Z11/12. This is due to issues with the newer Intel drivers properly outputting to the notebook screen. Untill we can get this fixed we are stuck at 1994 which does not support Intel HD in the Vaio Z and newer Hybrid Graphics notebooks.

Vaio Z (VGN-Z) - Random screen flashes.

BenQ S42 - the nvidia device does not disappear from device manager after being switched to intel. May not be powering down the Nvidia part correctly for S42.

Thanks for your great work. I have been trying the Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package you posted and overall have positive results. I just purchased this laptop and the stock driver/switching apps experience has not been favorable.

Your driver appears to be working perfectly except that I must manually switch using the NVIDIA tray icon. My ASUS hotkeys, and battery/plugged in auto switch) no longer work. I am not completely certain but I think the original drivers had an option to pick the GPU used on the Win 7 Power profile directly in the power options under GPU. Now the only option is "Put the discrete GPUs to sleep after".

On the positive, The driver after a few mins in Intel mode switches the NVIDIA chip to disabled in the device manager. When the switching app is then set to Increased performance the card goes back to active in the device manager and switches as it should.

Lastly, From my crude testing with Flash 10.1 the drivers take the CPU load from about 85-100 non hardware acceleration. to 10-55 percent tested on both chips.

I look forward to your feedback and will provide you any info you need for your testing.