LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Thanks for your great work. I have been trying the Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package you posted and overall have positive results. I just purchased this laptop and the stock driver/switching apps experience has not been favorable.

Your driver appears to be working perfectly except that I must manually switch using the NVIDIA tray icon. My ASUS hotkeys, and battery/plugged in auto switch) no longer work. I am not completely certain but I think the original drivers had an option to pick the GPU used on the Win 7 Power profile directly in the power options under GPU. Now the only option is "Put the discrete GPUs to sleep after".

On the positive, The driver after a few mins in Intel mode switches the NVIDIA chip to disabled in the device manager. When the switching app is then set to Increased performance the card goes back to active in the device manager and switches as it should.

Lastly, From my crude testing with Flash 10.1 the drivers take the CPU load from about 85-100 non hardware acceleration. to 10-55 percent tested on both chips.

I look forward to your feedback and will provide you any info you need for your testing.

Very good. Was waiting to hear back on how it is working on the UL30VT. I will see if I can get that hotkey issue fixed for you in the next release (I think I know how to fix it).

There were/are a few ways that Hybrid Graphics could automatically switch actually. One is based on the windows power scheme and there were two that you could configure under power options before. You are correct that currently the "Put the discrete GPU to sleep after" is the only one there as it seems Nvidia has either changed the way "NVIDIA Hybrid SLI Graphics" was enabled or has removed it completely. I am still looking at how to re-enable this.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Guest Mistweaver

Hello mate,

First of all thanks for your hard work.

Do you have any information on whether these drivers work with the Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q706 which has an nVidia 9400m and 9800GTSm SLI?

Heres a link to the official driver

My link

Hello mate,

First of all thanks for your hard work.

Do you have any information on whether these drivers work with the Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q706 which has an nVidia 9400m and 9800GTSm SLI?

Heres a link to the official driver

My link

No they wont but i'll tell ya what.

I was trying to help out Qosmio users before with some modded drivers it is just a bit complicated without being to test them myself. Let us open up a new section here and I will try to work on some in my spare time. I can only really put together what should work, it is really dependent on the drivers if they will actually work correctly.

So lets open up a new spot here for you guys.

Very good. Was waiting to hear back on how it is working on the UL30VT. I will see if I can get that hotkey issue fixed for you in the next release (I think I know how to fix it).

There were/are a few ways that Hybrid Graphics could automatically switch actually. One is based on the windows power scheme and there were two that you could configure under power options before. You are correct that currently the "Put the discrete GPU to sleep after" is the only one there as it seems Nvidia has either changed the way "NVIDIA Hybrid SLI Graphics" was enabled or has removed it completely. I am still looking at how to re-enable this.

Thanks for your reply. I have some other (not so positive) feedback. I later noticed that my brightness is not working, via the hotkeys nor the power settings slider. I saw this behavior noted in the 197 thread as well. I then tried my external LCD via the analog VGA cable. The Intel graphics driver seemed to perform flawlessly both in the clone display and also the extend desktop modes. After switching to the discrete, I noticed some stranger behavior. The NVIDIA driver didn't show a monitor icon for both displays and noted that the GPU was compatible with only one display. I could select either display but could not do an extend desktop. Also, The monitor was in the proper resolution but the output didn't look nearly as sharp as the Intel. I use a strange resolution (1650x1050) which I saw noted in the other thread could be causing issues. Hopefully, info this can assist in your testing.

Guest m@ximum

Thanks for your great work. I have been trying the Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package you posted and overall have positive results. I just purchased this laptop and the stock driver/switching apps experience has not been favorable.

Your driver appears to be working perfectly except that I must manually switch using the NVIDIA tray icon. My ASUS hotkeys, and battery/plugged in auto switch) no longer work. I am not completely certain but I think the original drivers had an option to pick the GPU used on the Win 7 Power profile directly in the power options under GPU. Now the only option is "Put the discrete GPUs to sleep after".

On the positive, The driver after a few mins in Intel mode switches the NVIDIA chip to disabled in the device manager. When the switching app is then set to Increased performance the card goes back to active in the device manager and switches as it should.

Lastly, From my crude testing with Flash 10.1 the drivers take the CPU load from about 85-100 non hardware acceleration. to 10-55 percent tested on both chips.

I look forward to your feedback and will provide you any info you need for your testing.

I have nearly the same problem with my Acer Aspire 5935G(but the driver that I tried is the one in the first page). I have to manually switch too.

Guest Xeladon

Excuse me, any new about the support for the Alienware M15x 9800MGT?

I have tried the last test build but the installer continue to say that cant found a compatible hardware on my machine.

If you need more information about the video card just ask.

Thankyou for all the hard work you're doing ^^

Excuse me, any new about the support for the Alienware M15x 9800MGT?

I have tried the last test build but the installer continue to say that cant found a compatible hardware on my machine.

If you need more information about the video card just ask.

Thankyou for all the hard work you're doing ^^

The reason you can not install it is because I forgot to add the M15x to the list. I lost the list of Hybrid Graphics notebooks that I compiled before so I am in the process of recompiling one.

Nvidia has finally added a feature to their hybrid power taskbar application that allows for easier whitelisting and blacklisting of programs. This will allow you to unlock programs that may be blocking switching without having to quit them first.

Ah, this is why from driver to driver version one or the other program can be run while changing grafic-adapter!!! So, for me...can I put a program to a "whitelist" meaning to be able to switch while program is running. Its the "JDownloader", running a javaw.exe, program is written and operating with java^^ ...so forst, how to see if a program can be whitelistet, second how to whitelist it?

By the way, Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package is running that awesomely grate!!! Biggest effort is to let NVidia choose the PhysX Setting automaticly!!!(If it does right :-) ) Waited so long for that, because it realy does a lot from gamge to game different being enabled or disabled!!!

All the way long, driver works smoothly and more powerfull than the ones befor (ones before were nice ones too :-) ). Gotta test a bit around, but it seems ALL is working as it should, just better^^ AGAIN!!! Hibernating is working correct! No problems!

AGAIN: Nice, absolute nice work!

Just a little suggestion: Could you make your own little homepage, where we can see all the files? What if this forum get crashed^^ something happens...? Man youre the only cource I know for drivers!

Edited by Freak

Guest Cienight

I cant change the brightness on acer aspire 5935g and the powersmart button (which switched between the 2 gfx) doesnt seem to be working.

Fix these and be my hero please (Tested the 258 driver)

Ah, this is why from driver to driver version one or the other program can be run while changing grafic-adapter!!! So, for me...can I put a program to a "whitelist" meaning to be able to switch while program is running. Its the "JDownloader", running a javaw.exe, program is written and operating with java^^ ...so forst, how to see if a program can be whitelistet, second how to whitelist it?

By the way, Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package is running that awesomely grate!!! Biggest effort is to let NVidia choose the PhysX Setting automaticly!!!(If it does right :-) ) Waited so long for that, because it realy does a lot from gamge to game different being enabled or disabled!!!

All the way long, driver works smoothly and more powerfull than the ones befor (ones before were nice ones too :-) ). Gotta test a bit around, but it seems ALL is working as it should, just better^^ AGAIN!!! Hibernating is working correct! No problems!

AGAIN: Nice, absolute nice work!

Just a little suggestion: Could you make your own little homepage, where we can see all the files? What if this forum get crashed^^ something happens...? Man youre the only cource I know for drivers!

Glad it is working well for you. Yeah the whitelist/blacklist stuff is a bit of a pain. Up until now no one really knew about it because it could only be changed using a registry edit.

I was thinking about setting up my own site for a while but I live off of feedback from users and LV2G is great. I am in sort of a transitional point right now in trying to get everything together and moving it all here. I do a ton of posting at NBR also and get help there. This will be my central hub, I still get most of my drivers and news on drivers from here and what Pieter, Dox, and the rest of the crew are doing is right in line with everything I stand for in modding. Its about educating and helping users, not making a name for ourselves.

I have a lot of stuff coming, it is all a bit scattered about right now. I am hoping to put a Hybrid Graphics Master Set package together that is stable enough and works well enough for everyone that I feel comfortable enough with doing a full release. The problem is there have been so many changes between series and each seems to have effected every model Hybrid Graphics notebooks differently. So we have the constantly evolving drivers, we have each notebook reacting differently, and this is just the Nvidia side. There are new Intel drivers that I have yet to get working properly and until doing so newer Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD will not work. There is a lot of pure Optimus stuff I am doing, the Optimus on Hybrid Graphics, Custom INFs built for testing, and Triple SLI. So lots of stuff to stay busy with. I tend to stop and test each new release too just to see if it fixes anything.

I cant change the brightness on acer aspire 5935g and the powersmart button (which switched between the 2 gfx) doesnt seem to be working.

Fix these and be my hero please (Tested the 258 driver)

I have a few ideas about how to fix both of these issues. I had to start back from a basic INF so I anticipated some of these things not working. I will need help in testing some settings to see if they fix the issue for you though.

-

Something I need everyone to check is that the Nvidia device is powering down properly when switched to Intel. You can usually check this by looking at device manager when on Intel where you should not see the Nvidia device if it is powered off.

New stuff very soon including the latest driver that was just released and fixes for these issues.

Something I need everyone to check is that the Nvidia device is powering down properly when switched to Intel. You can usually check this by looking at device manager when on Intel where you should not see the Nvidia device if it is powered off.

This what i see when on Intel :

2ir65cm.png

Positiv from me! The NVidia card is shutting down completely, never saw the little down-arrow befor or yet ^^

post-43577-010980100 1277933105_thumb.jp

For the future, it seems that Intel+NVidia is a non optimal fusion. With a NVidia mainboard with a little graphic-chip (shared memory) and a big one with dedicated memory are much easier to handle, just because NVidia itself gives the driver support! And in the end, the battery lasts the same time!!! Thats what counts, when choosing a hybrid, the battery time with the low-graphic-chip...

So, till this laptop is running, I'll be very dependet to this work here! But with the next laptop, I'll definitly get a NVIdia only machine...moreover, NVidida only brings SLI-like functions, Intel+NVidida not...

But for the next 2-3 years (I hope) this would be my machine...so keep the work up, let me know how to help!

Positiv from me! The NVidia card is shutting down completely, never saw the little down-arrow befor or yet ^^

post-43577-010980100 1277933105_thumb.jp

For the future, it seems that Intel+NVidia is a non optimal fusion. With a NVidia mainboard with a little graphic-chip (shared memory) and a big one with dedicated memory are much easier to handle, just because NVidia itself gives the driver support! And in the end, the battery lasts the same time!!! Thats what counts, when choosing a hybrid, the battery time with the low-graphic-chip...

So, till this laptop is running, I'll be very dependet to this work here! But with the next laptop, I'll definitly get a NVIdia only machine...moreover, NVidida only brings SLI-like functions, Intel+NVidida not...

But for the next 2-3 years (I hope) this would be my machine...so keep the work up, let me know how to help!

Good stuff, looks to work the same on your Fujitsu as it does on my (VGN Model) Vaio Z. Guess that's two we can cross of the list.

This what i see when on Intel :

2ir65cm.png

Hmm the Nvidia part is disabled. It works the same way Freaks shows for my (VGN Model) Vaio Z. Does it show it enabled when you switch to Nvidia?

Good stuff, looks to work the same on your Fujitsu as it does on my (VGN Model) Vaio Z. Guess that's two we can cross of the list.

Hmm the Nvidia part is disabled. It works the same way Freaks shows for my (VGN Model) Vaio Z. Does it show it enabled when you switch to Nvidia?

Yes.I still see the Intel enabled though is that correct?

Yes.I still see the Intel enabled though is that correct?

Correct it should look like Freaks image under "Display Adapters". The Left side of the image is Intel and Right side is Nvidia.

For yours it should look the same as the Right side for Nvidia and I guess yours is just disabling (the little down arrow on it) the Nvidia part when switched to Intel. Do you remember if this is how the official Fujistu drivers look in device manager when switched to Intel? EDIT: Sorry Acer.

Correct it should look like Freaks image under "Display Adapters". The Left side of the image is Intel and Right side is Nvidia.

For yours it should look the same as the Right side for Nvidia and I guess yours is just disabling (the little down arrow on it) the Nvidia part when switched to Intel. Do you remember if this is how the official Fujistu drivers look in device manager when switched to Intel? EDIT: Sorry Acer.

I dont remember no,but i can reinstall drivers if you want just so i can check.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5953/newintel.jpg http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/455/newnv.jpg http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9125/nvorginaldriv.jpg

first is the HGMS_N25849_I1994_x64_BETA1 driver set running intel mode
second is the HGMS_N25849_I1994_x64_BETA1 driver set running NV mode
third is the original asus drivers running in intel mode.
i just saw the previous posts, does the new down arrow indicate its just powered down?
i let my battery drain last night and will see how battery life is now that its got the down arrow!

thx Nau for doing what you can! Edited by KillerJupe

so as near as i can tell the beta drivers are about 1/2 my battery life (or about the same as if the nv card was running w/ the old asus drivers)

here is a shot of it running in low power mode, using intel gfx (the NV card has the down arrow) and the battery life is at 4 hours.

w/ stock asus drivers it would be about 8h in this setting.

i love the new drivers i have physx, opencl and cuda... but crappy battery life (and its running hotter)

:)

thx

post-44127-060378100 1277957215_thumb.jp

Thanks KillerJupe, seems like the Asus UL3/5/80VT has the issue with not powering down the Nvidia side also.

Guest sybercy

i am now using your latest beta in my asus ul30vt notebook. it has a few problems.

1- when i close the lid for about a min then open screen will not power up.

2- sometimes but not always after changing the gfx modes i can't change the screen backlight level.

3- never powers down the nvidia gpu. gfx doesn't disappear from the hardware list(just an arrow showing down)

4- powermizer tech doesn't work well. gpu clock rates are so dynamic. never stays at the same level. so this makes the gpu hotter even in the 2d desktop.

but on the other hand

1- the gpu works so fluently and way faster than the original drivers 186.88. i even can run AA in the games running very slow with the old drivers.

2- gfx switching is so fast even w/o any conflicts with the running apps in the system (the realtek sound app ravcpl64.exe was conflicting with the old drivers)

3- physx processor is selectable that is the most important function in the new drivers.

you are doing a great job and i am waiting for your final release of this new drivers.

BTW i want to ask if i can have hdmi output with the X4500MHD chip? is there any way to do that? thanks

i am now using your latest beta in my asus ul30vt notebook. it has a few problems.

1- when i close the lid for about a min then open screen will not power up.

2- sometimes but not always after changing the gfx modes i can't change the screen backlight level.

3- never powers down the nvidia gpu. gfx doesn't disappear from the hardware list(just an arrow showing down)

4- powermizer tech doesn't work well. gpu clock rates are so dynamic. never stays at the same level. so this makes the gpu hotter even in the 2d desktop.

but on the other hand

1- the gpu works so fluently and way faster than the original drivers 186.88. i even can run AA in the games running very slow with the old drivers.

2- gfx switching is so fast even w/o any conflicts with the running apps in the system (the realtek sound app ravcpl64.exe was conflicting with the old drivers)

3- physx processor is selectable that is the most important function in the new drivers.

you are doing a great job and i am waiting for your final release of this new drivers.

BTW i want to ask if i can have hdmi output with the X4500MHD chip? is there any way to do that? thanks

Through report, thank you.

I have not noticed that about powermizer and will look into it further as it is a pretty critical thing (heat is never good). I have noticed flickering issues on my Vaio Z related to powermizer clocking and I am sure these issues are related. While PhysX selection is enabled in the control panel, it is still critical to make sure that it is installed and working properly.

I believe the HDMI output may be hardwired to the Nvidia side (I believe I read that somewhere, might be dependent on model though) but I will look into it further.

I really appreciate everyone's help, input, and testing on this. It all helps much more than you know.

To all those with the battery life problem...check this option out! In global tab, I use adaptive, for every game I want full power, I use maximum power, and that realy makes a difference! So if your using max power in windows, its just as its meant to be, that the gpu is not powering down at any time!

post-43577-006392500 1278019128_thumb.jp

Edited by Freak

too bad about the nv not powering down. hope it can be resolved cause it makes the computer alot hotter too just sitting at idle.

I have switched back to stock drivers to test out the battery issue, it seems to be persisting still w/ this driver set. Im not sure if its from something else, or if its due to deep level driver changes i didn't overwrite somehow.

uninstalled the drivers, ran vga clean patch from asus, and cclean, reboot and then reinstall.

i'll try out the adaptive settings

too bad about the nv not powering down. hope it can be resolved cause it makes the computer alot hotter too just sitting at idle.

I have switched back to stock drivers to test out the battery issue, it seems to be persisting still w/ this driver set. Im not sure if its from something else, or if its due to deep level driver changes i didn't overwrite somehow.

uninstalled the drivers, ran vga clean patch from asus, and cclean, reboot and then reinstall.

i'll try out the adaptive settings

There shouldn't be any sort of persistence with these drivers when uninstalled. You may want to try something like DriverSweeper or DriverCleaner as something may not have uninstalled. If you need more help let me know.

You can check the file versions the drivers are using by doing the following:

Open Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Whichever Device Is In Question -> Driver Tab -> Driver Details

You should be able to see the version of each file the driver is using by cycling through the list.