LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

And another hint from me: Are you absolute clear of not having ANY Virus, Trojan or anything else? Maybe a program going mad? For me, I just had an application, that starts after 10 minutes pushing the cpu up to constant 50% usage!!! Thereby the temperature went up quickly!!! Just after completely deinstalling the software, my system is working as it should!

So to post an issue with the drivers everyone must be very sure, to have a stable installed windows and stable working prgrams! Otherwise, the many written problems can come from ANY program someone has installed sometime! From time to time, I have programs running mad, than I have to update them, or reinstall. If one of you guys have such a same problem, but dont know it, problems are coming up for sure!

So please be aware! Only a fresh installed Windows is giving you a clear information about issues of the new drivers. ANY installed program (most preinstalled stuff) can effect the stability of a system!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good advice. You should probably use a task manager app so see if anything running is causing exceptionally high CPU or memory usage. I uninstall/install about 5 different drivers a day in various configurations for testing and have not run into issues.

May have a fix for the nvidia power down issues.. testing soon. Thank Namaiki.

Working on a few things on the Hybrid Graphics front:

1.) Custom Packaged [Nvidia 256.69 | Intel 1994] Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Requires test mode and signing to work properly.

2.) I am going to start posting Master Set INFs for the latest officially released Hybrid Graphics drivers. The first set will be for (the yet to be posted) [Nvidia 197.72 | Intel 1994] package that was recently released by Dell/Alienware for the M11x(R1). The largest benefit to these is that they will not need test mode/signing to work properly after being installed.

3.) We recently have had success with the (VPC Model) Vaio Z with running the latest drivers released for the Lenovo IdeaPad V460. I assume these will work with all newer Intel HD based notebooks such as the (VPC Model) Vaio Z, Acer Aspire 5745G, & Lenovo Thinkpad T410s. The Lenovo driver is [Nvidia 189.92 | Intel 2104] so not to large of a version leap yet.

4.) I may post two versions of the Lenovo driver for Intel HD notebooks. The officially released [Nvidia 189.92 | Intel 2104] will not need to be signed. We have also had success with [Nvidia 189.92 | Intel 2141] which is the latest driver on the Intel side as of testing. The set with 2141 will need to be signed in order to work correctly (if I decide to post it).

Hey nautis, nice to hear from you again! (checking every day :-) )

So the problem with the newer Intel drivers is combining it with a NVidia driver above 189? Or is there a huge step went forward to be able to handle 256.69NVidia+2141Intel? The brand new Intel drivers realy interests me, because of the battery/pluged options for powercontrol.

If you got anything to test, Iam your man^^ Till every package you gave me worked absolutely fine for me, I realy want to give it a try. Nice job Nautis!

Edited by Freak

Hey nautis, nice to hear from you again! (checking every day :-) )

So the problem with the newer Intel drivers is combining it with a NVidia driver above 189? Or is there a huge step went forward to be able to handle 256.69NVidia+2141Intel? The brand new Intel drivers realy interests me, because of the battery/pluged options for powercontrol.

If you got anything to test, Iam your man^^ Till every package you gave me worked absolutely fine for me, I realy want to give it a try. Nice job Nautis!

Hi Freak, I will have more for you to test very soon (assuming all goes as planned).

I too want to be able to use the newer Intel drivers they seem to work better and have a much nicer UI. The problem seems to be with the Intel GMA X4500MHD in a Hybrid Graphics configured driver. The newer Intel drivers for whatever reason do not seem to detect the notebook LCD in that configuration. Oddly they work fine if installed by themselves, doing this causes Hybrid Graphics and the Nvidia part not to work though. So the bug only seems to appear when installed the way Hybrid Graphics requires it to be installed. The newer Intel drivers work fine on the newer model Hybrid Graphics notebooks featuring integrated Intel HD graphics but so far Nvidia drivers over 189 do not seem to due to a similar issue. I have tried the Lenovo driver that is working on the VPC model Vaio Z (Intel HD) on my old VGN model Vaio Z (GMA X4500MHD) and they have the same notebook LCD issue as described above.

So right now as it stands we have:

Hybrid Graphics with Intel HD graphics = 189 series Nvidia drivers only \ newer Intel drivers

Hybrid Graphucs with GMA X4500MHD = Newer Nvidia drivers \ older Intel drivers (up to ver.1994)

I haven't really known to much about the Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD besides the VPC model Vaio Z but now that I have just stumbled on a couple of others so now I have more things to compare.

It is difficult figuring out if a problem is due to a specific notebook model, Hybrid Graphics configuration, the Intel drivers, or the Nvidia drivers. Different issues seem to pop up depending on the driver version, the drivers are also continually evolving and changing. This makes it extremely difficult to narrow down issues, especially since each Hybrid Graphics notebook also requires a unique group of settings.

You are lucky because the Fujitsu/Siemens Xi 3650 seems to have a very similar configuration to the VGN model Sony Vaio Z (which is what I have and test with.) With other Hybrid Graphics notebooks I have to post the test driver and cross my fingers, I then rely entirely on feedback to try to work out any issues. Since there is little to no information out there on Hybrid Graphics, its different configurations, and its drivers it really is just a long process of trial and error.

Hi All,

Is it possible to make Hybrid Graphics drivers for Windows XP?

I need them for my ASUS UL50VT with GeForce 210M. (I have Windows XP Pro SP3.)

Please help. I can't use GeForce 210M with Windows XP Pro SP3.

I tried to install driver from nVidia site, but it doesn't work (did'nt installed).

Hi All,

Is it possible to make Hybrid Graphics drivers for Windows XP?

I need them for my ASUS UL50VT with GeForce 210M. (I have Windows XP Pro SP3.)

Please help. I can't use GeForce 210M with Windows XP Pro SP3.

I tried to install driver from nVidia site, but it doesn't work (did'nt installed).

No XP does not have some of features that Hybrid Graphics relies on to function. AFAIK with XP there is no on-the-fly switching the OS has to be rebooted in order to properly make the switch.

No XP does not have some of features that Hybrid Graphics relies on to function. AFAIK with XP there is no on-the-fly switching the OS has to be rebooted in order to properly make the switch.

Thank you, Nautis1100!

But how to switch with rebooting?

BTW, I can't install drivers on GeForce 210M from nVidia site.

Thank you, Nautis1100!

But how to switch with rebooting?

BTW, I can't install drivers on GeForce 210M from nVidia site.

You might want to try drivers and a modified INF from LaptopVideo2Go =xp&os[]=xp64"]click here for XP drivers on the list.

The switching information I was basing on the guides for the Vaio Z (another Hybrid Graphics notebook) that I have read. The big difference between the Vaio Z and your Asus is the inclusion of a hardware switch to switch Intel (Stamina) and Speed (Nvidia). (See hardware switch pic here.) I am not sure how you would do it on yours since it doesn't have the hardware switch. I would guess that it may be possible to do through the BIOs. I will try to find any info I can for you.

2.) I am going to start posting Master Set INFs for the latest officially released Hybrid Graphics drivers. The first set will be for (the yet to be posted) [Nvidia 197.72 | Intel 1994] package that was recently released by Dell/Alienware for the M11x(R1). The largest benefit to these is that they will not need test mode/signing to work properly after being installed.

Very excited about this. Is it fair to say these will be more stable than the 258 testing drivers? Also, does the 1994 version of the Intel drivers support Flash/x264 acceleration?

I noted a few of my problems in earlier posts. Namely the ability to use only one display when connected via HDMI, misc hard lockups when the comp sleeps and loss of brightness control and hotkey support.

Would it be possible for you or someone to list some of the benefits/additions added to the newest driver releases? I am not really a gamer so the most important thing I need are stable drivers that support flash h.264 decoding by both GPUs.

I can't wait to get a hold of the official drivers as they are the last driver I need before I do a complete reformat/os reinstall.

Thanks for all of your great work. I will continue to keep you informed of my progress with the UL30vt x1.

You might want to try drivers and a modified INF from LaptopVideo2Go =xp&os[]=xp64"]click here for XP drivers on the list.

Thank you!

I tried to find driver for my GeForce G210M (with PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2\4&2DEFB0A9&0&0008).

I really find =xp&os[]=xp64"]one , but there isn't INF file for it now ("This INF file is currently not available for download." - see here). What to do?

...The big difference between the Vaio Z and your Asus is the inclusion of a hardware switch to switch Intel (Stamina) and Speed (Nvidia). (See hardware switch pic here.) I am not sure how you would do it on yours since it doesn't have the hardware switch. I would guess that it may be possible to do through the BIOs. I will try to find any info I can for you.

No, my ASUS has similar switch to swith between Intel and nVidia graphics (and it realy worked in Windows 7 until I choose to move on Windows XP).

(BTW, it is called GrapiX Boost).

As for BIOS, I didn't find any setting for graphics in it.

Edited by LaBoule

Thank you!

I tried to find driver for my GeForce G210M (with PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2\4&2DEFB0A9&0&0008).

I really find =xp&os[]=xp64"]one , but there isn't INF file for it now ("This INF file is currently not available for download." - see here). What to do?

No, my ASUS has similar switch to swith between Intel and nVidia graphics (and it realy worked in Windows 7 until I choose to move on Windows XP).

(BTW, it is called GrapiX Boost).

As for BIOS, I didn't find any setting for graphics in it.

You should be able to install that driver without a modified INF. You should be able to use the others with a modified INF even if they do not appear on the search.

So Search = No modified INF needed.

No Search = Download modified INF.

Very excited about this. Is it fair to say these will be more stable than the 258 testing drivers? Also, does the 1994 version of the Intel drivers support Flash/x264 acceleration?

I noted a few of my problems in earlier posts. Namely the ability to use only one display when connected via HDMI, misc hard lockups when the comp sleeps and loss of brightness control and hotkey support.

Would it be possible for you or someone to list some of the benefits/additions added to the newest driver releases? I am not really a gamer so the most important thing I need are stable drivers that support flash h.264 decoding by both GPUs.

I can't wait to get a hold of the official drivers as they are the last driver I need before I do a complete reformat/os reinstall.

Thanks for all of your great work. I will continue to keep you informed of my progress with the UL30vt x1.

The 197 series drivers worked great for me on My Hybrid Graphics notebook (after I finally got em working) I would assume they will be a bit more stable than 258 as the 2## series still seems a bit buggy for some people. With that said I am not sure how it will work on your specific notebook model.

Have a bit of good news. It seems we may be moving to version 2020 on the Intel side as it still features the old style control panel and seems to work fine. I am not sure if either 2020 or 1994 support flash h.264 decoding honestly. If you know of an easy test I can run it.

It would be difficult for me to list any benefits or a changelog right now, sorry. Right now its just about getting these things package and released for testing, work out any model specific kinks and hopefully start having more stable releases all round. I do not really play too many games on this either so I can relate to needing stability & 2d performance.

The install and ignore the warning message ease of use with just modifying the officially released driver INF should make things much easier for people. For those who want to live on the edge there is always the latest and greatest ones that will need some additional work in order to install.

You should be able to install that driver without a modified INF. You should be able to use the others with a modified INF even if they do not appear on the search.

Thank you!

I really installed this driver, but the problem remained the same.

In the Device Manager I see yellow exclamation point (please see here).

The case is that my GF 210M "isn't using any resources because it has a problem." (see Resources tab), so "This device cannot start", as it stated on the tab General. Meanwhile drivers are installed (see here).

One more strange thing: in the list of drivers there is NvCplSetupInt.exe, the launcher for NVIDIA Control Panel. I tried to launch it, but it failed (see screenshot.

Please help. I haven't any idea what to try next. I reinstalled Windows XP several times (with other combination of Intel graphic driver and Intel chipse) but result always the same - yellow exclamation point on GF 210M in Device Manager.

Thank you!

I really installed this driver, but the problem remained the same.

In the Device Manager I see yellow exclamation point (please see here).

The case is that my GF 210M "isn't using any resources because it has a problem." (see Resources tab), so "This device cannot start", as it stated on the tab General. Meanwhile drivers are installed (see here).

One more strange thing: in the list of drivers there is NvCplSetupInt.exe, the launcher for NVIDIA Control Panel. I tried to launch it, but it failed (see screenshot.

Please help. I haven't any idea what to try next. I reinstalled Windows XP several times (with other combination of Intel graphic driver and Intel chipse) but result always the same - yellow exclamation point on GF 210M in Device Manager.

why don't you just run windows 7? xp is old and boring :)

if you need to run some outdated program, install ultimate and run the compatibility layer, or just dual boot it.

why don't you just run windows 7? xp is old and boring :)

if you need to run some outdated program, install ultimate and run the compatibility layer, or just dual boot it.

I know this, dude, but prefer the way I have choosen. Besides, I solved my problem: if you install Windows XP in IDE mode then system sees only nVidia card and you can instal drivers on it without any problems.

Hey man. I was just wondering about your progress with the latest official drivers and the modded infs. I was hoping they would be more stable than the testing drivers I am using ATM. Thanks again for your great work.

Have a bit of good news. It seems we may be moving to version 2020 on the Intel side as it still features the old style control panel and seems to work fine. I am not sure if either 2020 or 1994 support flash h.264 decoding honestly. If you know of an easy test I can run it.

So, this means to get the new control panel, with energy option for battery/pluged, is still not useable? hmm...

Just found that side, but cannot say that it is using h.264 flash, but I found it through google. Going to fullscreen shows an awesome quality, newer seen before by stream video^^ click

So Nautis, do you have ANY new drivers, specialy Intel ones with new control panel to test for me?

To everyone that wants to use just the NVidia: There should be an option in bios, to DISABLE hybrid system (dont know the exact name). For my fujitsu, I can access this menu or subfunction, but for MOST laptops, ALL these helpfull bios options are disabled, you cannot even SEE them!!! This is made, because for some things the "normal" user has to go in bios and change something, e.g. RAID. So to avoid many problems by people just trying some bios settings they found, companys just disable quiet all functions that COULD harm the system if set wrong.

So in order to access all the deaftures an functions EVERY mainborad mainly has, you need to get a original firmware for your mainboard, thesedays most PHOENIX. But this is the first big step that pops up problems, because even if you get an bios-firmware exact for your notebook you could get massive problems because of the needed modifications for the bought series of laptop. So this is a f... up situation, havent found a way to just UNLOCK all the bios functions.

Just go in a computer shop and enter a desktops mainboard bios, like an MSI mainboard. You would not find the usual options between all the other stuff you will find...its massive what a all accessable bios gives on options!

So, just use Windows7, it has the power of XP, but has Vista's comfort. The ONLY thing that limits you is RAM, but see yourself how much 2GB of RAM kosts, thats what you need to run Windows7 just nicely!!! CPU and graphic is not that important, Win7 is working on very old systems, last one I installed is a 5 years old laptop, with 1GB RAM, just runs great and even more stable as XP...!

Edited by Freak

So, this means to get the new control panel, with energy option for battery/pluged, is still not useable? hmm...

Just found that side, but cannot say that it is using h.264 flash, but I found it through google. Going to fullscreen shows an awesome quality, newer seen before by stream video^^ click

So Nautis, do you have ANY new drivers, specialy Intel ones with new control panel to test for me?

Fixing a major screwup on the 258.96/2020 drivers. Aside from that, for some reason I can not get my backlight to adjust with these on my VGN Vaio Z. Hope to have a package up soon if it doesn't work correctly we can work on these issues together.

2020 does NOT feature the new control panel or added GPU support (specifically Intel HD Graphics which some newer Hybrid Graphics notebooks use.)

I have tested a few HD Flash videos but still can not really say one way or the other whether acceleration is working in 2020. From what I have seen however it appears to be working exactly the same as before. Again I havent had much time to test it as I am spending most of my time just trying to get things in order for release.

I stumbled across something on the Intel Forums and it seems there is a large group of users who are reporting black screen issues with these newer drivers (not just hybrid graphics users). Intel has said that they have "a tentative root cause for this issue" and "are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible" so fingers crossed that this will fix our issue also.

Nvidia Graphic Driver Lasted Version 258.96 with in x32 and x64

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Hello everybody.

SO I've been contacting Asus customer support to register my Amazon-bought UL80VT online. So the guy responded to me and helped out, but then I asked if the developers are updating the UL80VT graphics. He sends me a link to what appears to be a beta 197.16 driver. I'll install it and see what happens.

RHseeminglyanon

Guest adrianvincent

Hello everybody.

SO I've been contacting Asus customer support to register my Amazon-bought UL80VT online. So the guy responded to me and helped out, but then I asked if the developers are updating the UL80VT graphics. He sends me a link to what appears to be a beta 197.16 driver. I'll install it and see what happens.

RHseeminglyanon

Cool, I have the same notebook and didn't know they were still updating the hybrid drivers for it.

Hello everybody.

RHseeminglyanon

WOW. Come on man, post or pm me the link. Don't hold out :)

Guest RHseeminglyanon

spinner,

Can't do that yet. I have to test on my own and then give tech guy a reply first.

Here is what I have for the hour since I had it.

Created system restore.

Used driversweeper from guru3d to clear all nvidia drivers.

Reboot - got the weird resolution problem.

installed beta drivers

reboot - screen fixed, saw some weird things

under battery management, power options>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>GPU settings>nvidia hybrid graphics>saw what used to be "Increased graphics (NVIDIA GPU)" to "somethingsomething (multiple GPU)"?

pressed graphix boost>increased graphics...nothing happened. The right-click on the desktop showed integrated panel options

rebooted several times, got same thing

got hasty and ran setup program of display subfolder the beta setup created

rebooted several times

still didn't get nvidia panel on right click, but battery management, power options>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>GPU settings>nvidia hybrid graphics>changed back to NVIDIA GPU

sitting here typing this reply.

Gonna do a sys restore to see if this is all reproducible.

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Didn't do what I originally planned.

Instead of sysrest, I reran the main beta setup exe. Reboot

Didn't get the multi gpu option this time.

pressed gfxswitch button, displayed inte>dis, screen dimmed, but no right-click nvidia panel.

This time I WILL sysrest.

Naut, please provide your input soon. I'm going to bed. almost midnight here in china.

spinner,

Can't do that yet. I have to test on my own and then give tech guy a reply first.

Here is what I have for the hour since I had it.

Created system restore.

Used driversweeper from guru3d to clear all nvidia drivers.

Reboot - got the weird resolution problem.

installed beta drivers

reboot - screen fixed, saw some weird things

under battery management, power options>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>GPU settings>nvidia hybrid graphics>saw what used to be "Increased graphics (NVIDIA GPU)" to "somethingsomething (multiple GPU)"?

pressed graphix boost>increased graphics...nothing happened. The right-click on the desktop showed integrated panel options

rebooted several times, got same thing

got hasty and ran setup program of display subfolder the beta setup created

rebooted several times

still didn't get nvidia panel on right click, but battery management, power options>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>GPU settings>nvidia hybrid graphics>changed back to NVIDIA GPU

sitting here typing this reply.

Gonna do a sys restore to see if this is all reproducible.