LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

im not sure but i dont think the ul80's are old hybrid gfx... is this correct?

will try it on here and see what happens

Yes looking for testing on UL80VT. I am not sure it will work correctly yet as it had a problem powering down the Nvidia part fully before on the Asus notebooks. If you switch to Intel the Nvidia device should not show up under device manager. If it does not work like that I will have to change some settings.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

backlight brightness adjustment : Work

restoration from sleep/hibernation : Work

backlight brightness adjustment : Work

restoration from sleep/hibernation : Work

Thank you BenZ.

Should i try these on aspire 5935g?

Nautis, you get a big green light from me for your N25896_I2020_x64_FULL !!! Works just fine! You can put this package on the first page!

Just the installation was not that nice. As I reported before, starting setup.exe, going through the steps, after windows asks to install unsigned drivers, a short black screen deactivated the nvidia card, installation finished with question "reboot now", or "reboot later". Chossing "reboot later" to sign the drivers, the system got freezed. Only thing I could to was Ctrl+Alt+Del ....but then only Logon-screen without any options to make remained. So for me, I should have better said "reboot now", than sign drivers, restart manually again. That finally worked, system is now stable, running everything as it should, Hybernation works with both cards...TOP WORK!!!

Cannot wait for the Intel 2141 drivers...really looking for that!!! Give me any package you have at Beta stage^^

@Guest_Davy_*: Can you change the brightness with the windows-functions, or just not with the built-in hardware buttons? For the last one, it could be that the software delivered from your manufactor must be updated, because these little tools like "monitor watch" and so on, are specialy built to do these brightness jobs. So for me, I can be happy Fujitsu made a very well working tool "Launch Pad" and "Hotkey Utility", I need both to get the brightness bars apearing and working...

Edited by Freak

I'm use BenQ S42 Nvidia 258.96 it work

@Guest_Davy_*: Can you change the brightness with the windows-functions, or just not with the built-in hardware buttons? For the last one, it could be that the software delivered from your manufactor must be updated, because these little tools like "monitor watch" and so on, are specialy built to do these brightness jobs. So for me, I can be happy Fujitsu made a very well working tool "Launch Pad" and "Hotkey Utility", I need both to get the brightness bars apearing and working...

Adjusting the slider within Windows also doesn't work. Without screen brightness adjustment on the GMA, the Geforce graphics gets better battery life because it can dim the screen.

Adjusting the slider within Windows also doesn't work. Without screen brightness adjustment on the GMA, the Geforce graphics gets better battery life because it can dim the screen.

Last thing I realy cannot confirm! When using NVidia card, I hardly get 2 hours battery, with NVidia switched off, I can run my laptop nearly 5 hours! With full brightness...please watch out ALL the power-functions that windows7 brings along, you must specialy realy drop the CPU power functions, that realy boosts your battery-life. In battery-mode I let the CPU only get about 30% of power, so by this I dont get high CPU peaks...stays cool, long battery-life.

AND it can be maxed out even more with the new Intel control panel where you can set the first time, the Intel GPU to a more powersaving state than being plugged. This is why I am waiting so hard for the 2141 Intel driver, cause my little Acer Intel only GPU laptop got up an hour more battery-life with the new drivers! Its amazing!

Edited by Freak

Last thing I realy cannot confirm! When using NVidia card, I hardly get 2 hours battery, with NVidia switched off, I can run my laptop nearly 5 hours! With full brightness...please watch out ALL the power-functions that windows7 brings along, you must specialy realy drop the CPU power functions, that realy boosts your battery-life. In battery-mode I let the CPU only get about 30% of power, so by this I dont get high CPU peaks...stays cool, long battery-life.

AND it can be maxed out even more with the new Intel control panel where you can set the first time, the Intel GPU to a more powersaving state than being plugged. This is why I am waiting so hard for the 2141 Intel driver, cause my little Acer Intel only GPU laptop got up an hour more battery-life with the new drivers! Its amazing!

I'm using an M11xR1. The battery life is better with nVidia on- at work and idling, then Intel, so far with the 256 series drivers for me. The nVidia graphics don't turn off in Intel mode for me, so I may as well use it. The only variable that is changed is the Hybrid graphics switch so it is isolated to graphics and screen brightness. CPU workload is the same and CPU Overclock is not changed. CPU Speedstepping is disabled in overclock mode, which means a constant 1.6Ghz is used. It's just not the CPU.

The result is that I get 4 hours of battery life on Intel at (struck) max brightness and 6 hours with nVidia graphics with low brightness.

Should i try these on aspire 5935g?

Please do. I would love to hear feedback an the Acer as it is one I have the least feedback on. I may have to adjust some settings on it.

I can't change brightness when I'm using the Intel graphics on my M11x. Changing brightness with the Geforce is fine.

Well that is a new one.

Do any of the Dell/Alienware drivers disable the Nvidia part properly when switched to Intel?

The nVidia graphics don't turn off in Intel mode for me, ...

That sais everything, doesnt it? NVidia GPU must be completely not visible in Devicemanager, please see the pictures her in this section. If not, the drivers are not realy working for you. Just as Nautis said, try to find a driver that can completely switch off the NVidia GPU. Otherwise problems are a musthave^^

If you dont find any driver, than there is something wrong with bios, or system. Then you must be sure to have a clean and fresh install of windows7, than you can try all this again.

Well that is a new one.

Do any of the Dell/Alienware drivers disable the Nvidia part properly when switched to Intel?

I'll look into that. I can't come back from sleep most of the time but I had that with from the 256 series of drivers.

That sais everything, doesnt it? NVidia GPU must be completely not visible in Devicemanager, please see the pictures her in this section. If not, the drivers are not realy working for you. Just as Nautis said, try to find a driver that can completely switch off the NVidia GPU. Otherwise problems are a musthave^^

If you dont find any driver, than there is something wrong with bios, or system. Then you must be sure to have a clean and fresh install of windows7, than you can try all this again.

Does it really matter if the nVidia part is on if Intel is getting worse battery life? The only variable is screen brightness. The problem isn't the GPU disabling but the stuck screen brightness under Intel. Losing battery life when on Intel is a problem as battery life is important.

But, besides not waking up from sleep, my laptop doesn't have any other problems to justify a clean install. I already got a fix for the sleep and stuck brightness issue- use 198 or 195 DOX drivers.

Edited by Davy

I was hoping some of you can send me a registry export of the following section in your registry after installing the 258.96 drivers.

Please export

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and send it to me. You can attach it in a PM if necessary.

GUID number is random so the last series of random number will be unique to his registery?

Cheers.

Just got a report of high temperatures with the 258.96 Hybrid Graphics driver I posted and am noticing it myself on my own VGN Vaio Z. The high temps were also reported on a VGN Vaio Z. Z Users beware.

Anyone else noticing high temperatures? excessive fan?

Will post a slightly updated INF sometime in the next few days that may fix the backlight adjustment issues when on Intel and Vaio Z heat issues. I am doing some testing on it now.

I was hoping some of you can send me a registry export of the following section in your registry after installing the 258.96 drivers.

Please export

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and send it to me. You can attach it in a PM if necessary.

I have the export here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e1ixvm212s0z9im

About the temperatures, they look fine to me and fans haven't changed. Still <40C.

Hey, wanted to send pm, but your storage is full^^

So here is the link to my regfile: http://www.4shared.c...2gO/wanted.html

Soon I will give here an everest temperature file, so you can see the temps.

Here are the temps: http://www.4shared.c..._10-40-35_.html

91°C (195,8°F) are normal for my laptop, has never been higher or lower when used in a game.

Edited by Freak

I just tried this but it did not help my issue with brightness. At least unblock list works. Thanks for the driver anyway Nautis.

Edited by Davy

So Intel has posted their new drivers I was waiting for. Bad news is that it doesn't seem to fix the black screen issue for us but they have pretty much confirmed my suspicions about it being an EDID problem.

Hey, wanted to send pm, but your storage is full^^

So here is the link to my regfile: http://www.4shared.c...2gO/wanted.html

Soon I will give here an everest temperature file, so you can see the temps.

Here are the temps: http://www.4shared.c..._10-40-35_.html

91°C (195,8°F) are normal for my laptop, has never been higher or lower when used in a game.

Messages cleared now. Thanks for the export.

With the Vaio Z I noticed it ramping up heat and clock at the desktop and kicking the fan to full.

I just tried this but it did not help my issue with brightness. At least unblock list works. Thanks for the driver anyway Nautis.

Yeah you aren't the only one reporting brightness issues. I am going to post up another INF soon which I am hoping will fix the issue.

Guest Powerengineer

I have installed this new driver's set on my VGN-Z and can't confirm the overheating issue neither in the idle nor in the loaded mode. Moreover when I played in PES 2010 with the older drivers(191.97) the GPU temp. was about 82*C and now it is ~78*C with the same conditions. I have tested it with gpu-z logging the temperature data into a file.

The only question I have is how to enable PhysX? With the older drivers I have the PhysX ticked in gpu-z but in the latest drivers it is not. Thank you.

I have installed this new driver's set on my VGN-Z and can't confirm the overheating issue neither in the idle nor in the loaded mode. Moreover when I played in PES 2010 with the older drivers(191.97) the GPU temp. was about 82*C and now it is ~78*C with the same conditions. I have tested it with gpu-z logging the temperature data into a file.

The only question I have is how to enable PhysX? With the older drivers I have the PhysX ticked in gpu-z but in the latest drivers it is not. Thank you.

Here you can see the options for Phys-X. The best part is that it can be set to automatic, that is total new!!! From game to game it depends on if the game is more CPU or GPU used. If a game is more CPU used, then activating the GPU for Phys-X is better, and the other way. So before, you had to write a list, for which game what setting, then befor start a game, set the option. Now (I realy hope so) it is automaticaly set to the better option. My question on that, is it just an internal list, so if the game is not in that list, what happen?

ABout the temp.: I guess the GPU temps were about 95° with older drivers, so now the 91° are better^^

@Nauti: Do you have a package with the new Intel drivers? For me there has been no problem, so I would give it a try. If you need any detailed information, I can give you special excerpts with everest. Just give me a hint thumbsup.gif

post-43577-066574100 1280482953_thumb.jp

Edited by Freak

Umm hello people. I'm new to this hybrid thing and I just wanna know if this driver will work for my Samsung R580. My GPU is Nvidia 330m.. Do you think it'll work? :)

Guest Madswk

Hi guys, have been following the thread for a while now and i'm going to try Nautis' latest work with the new Nvidia 2xx.xx and intel 20xx drivers in a moment. I'm on Asus Ul50vt. Also want to notice that i tried to install the official intel graphic driver for the integraded graphic with no luck (Had to install the manufactures custom drivers), no surprise. Now to the weird part - when i used the vga patch to remove the intel vga driver, Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed the new intel graphic driver version 2119. I dont know how, but did you guys knew that it was possible?

Regards Madswk