LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Hi,

I have the VPCZ11 and am really looking forward to some updated drivers so that I can use the MPE in Adobe CS5. Would it for example be possible to install the newer drivers if one disables the whole hybrid graphics thing? Can it be done?

Also does anyone know what is the lowest driver version to use the MPE with CUDA in CS5?

Thanks for the reply. It would be great to have a package to test. Especially so since I seem to have completely messed my up drivers in an attempt to get Cuda 3.1 working. I have reverted to the drivers from the Sony Vaio website but the following problems persist - ALL OpenGL programs hang and crash on start up; switching from NVIDIA to Intel results in black screen; slower booting time (marginal). On the flip side Cuda 3.1 work with D3D despite the driver being too old for it....... Sadly I reverted all code to OpenGL this year and need to get that working again. Hmm any ideas?

Thanks

Would this get MPE in CS5 to work?

Thanks

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

So I installed the 197.85 drivers on my VPCZ11Z9E from this link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/489513-vaio-z-vpcz11-nvidia-drivers-update-197-85-gt-330m-10de-0a2b.html

I manage to get the nVidia GT 330M part to work and can even can use MPE GPU-acceleration in Premiere CS5 but the switch to intel grafics does not work unfortunately. The screen simply goes black and one needs to switch back to the nVidia card to get picture.

It would be amazing if somebody had a solution for this. Since I don´t need the CS5 functions THAT often would it be an alternative to simply install the drivers I need on each occasion? Or is there a risk in installing different drivers back and forth too many times?

Appreciate any help or advice

So I installed the 197.85 drivers on my VPCZ11Z9E from this link:

http://forum.noteboo...-10de-0a2b.html

I manage to get the nVidia GT 330M part to work and can even can use MPE GPU-acceleration in Premiere CS5 but the switch to intel grafics does not work unfortunately. The screen simply goes black and one needs to switch back to the nVidia card to get picture.

It would be amazing if somebody had a solution for this. Since I don´t need the CS5 functions THAT often would it be an alternative to simply install the drivers I need on each occasion? Or is there a risk in installing different drivers back and forth too many times?

Appreciate any help or advice

Have you already tried to change the adapter output with [windows]+[p] ? maybe for the intel just the output has changed, had that one time ^^

Have you already tried to change the adapter output with [windows]+[p] ? maybe for the intel just the output has changed, had that one time ^^

Actually no I did´nt try. I´ll do that next time. For now I reverted back to the original drivers so that I can use Stamina mode. When I´m doing my next Premiere project I´ll test it, but according to most people in that thread it doesn´t work. You can get picture on a external screen but not on the internal LCD...

Any nicer solution than switching drivers back and forth are very much appreciated.

Hi, i was searching for applicable nVidia driver for my Asus UL80VT. So i downloaded the "HGMS_N25849_I1994_x64_BETA1.exe" and tried it out. Here are some of the outcome:

- brightness adjustment via keyboard shortcut broken as usual, but i can just deal with that in Asus Power4Gear software

- graphic chip changing via Power4Gear is not functioning, but can just change using the icon on the taskbar tray

- G210M is not shut down when changed to Intel graphic, but i'm using G210M most of the time so wont be a problem =p

- temperature is normal (about 55c-60c on idle, 90c on gaming)

- gaming performance seems abit smoother with better visual, but NFS Shift refuse to start though...

Anyone can point me to a solution for the brightness adjustment?

hey i have an asus n53jn with a gt335m; will these drivers work properly with the laptop?

hey i have an asus n53jn with a gt335m; will these drivers work properly with the laptop?

No you have an Optimus notebook. You should be able to download and install the latest Notebook Verde drivers from Nvidia (The latest is 258.96 WHQL as of posting this: link is for 64bit). If the Verde drivers do not work for you let me know in this post and I will try to post some instructions on how to get them to work.

Nice Notebook BTW.

Hey...any news about the double and split screen function? Just ask, because I realy need it...!

Would be awesome if you could give me a package I can test with. Realy need split screen...

EDIT: Just went back to Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit but even with these drivers, the NVidia card cannot handle more displays at once. The intel part is doing as before, extended and split screen works, got an idea to switch extended on then activate NVidia, but for this the activation fails. So it seems, its realy the NVidia part that is causing the problem, not the alway mentioned INTEL for problems :-)

So, Nauti, as you said, 2xx is more buggy than 19xx....you have an idea when we can hope for a fix of that?

Oh, btw: When installing the Intel driver (right click on the device-> direct driver update), during installation the screen got black but with backlight on and mouse moving function, but no way to restart or shutdown the system. After hard-manual-reboot, had to sign drivers, than it workedfine.

Edited by Freak

• 2 weeks later...

hi i tryed to installed the newest version of your hybrid drivers with your installing guide but i get during the installtion a window with a text :one of the kernelcomponents cannot be installed that maybe interupt the funktionality of the driver,the last driver without problems would be reinstalled.

i have an Acer Aspire 5935G bios(2.08 newest)with an Nvidia 240GT / Intel Hybrid and Windows 7 64bit home edition.

please help me i uses the one years old acer hybrid driver,its pretty s*** there are so many changes between this driver and the new ones.

Hi everyone,

I am bit confused by this thread so I hope its okay to ask a clarification question.

I am looking into buying the Vaio Z (12) and it seems to me that the latest proper working driver for this laptop is 189.xx is that really true? the new 259.xx nvidia drivers won't run? can you force it to only use the nvidia card and then use them if not?

Thanks.. I had an m11x with optimus support and its the biggest nightmare I have ever had. I want to make sure the expensive Vaio Z does not let me down on simple driver support.

THanks guys

Hello will these hybrid drivers work for my MSI gx700 (8600 m gt) laptop ?

I have tested few of yr drivers for win7 64 bit and could not get them installed.

I get a error message right the start of installation and i went through yr guide for Driver Signing, but no luck :/

Nautis1100 can you help me and integrate my hybrid nvidia grafics?

its an acer aspire 5935G with nvidia geforce GT240M with 1gb

device name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M

hardware id:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_02001025&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_02001025

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&CC_0300

compatible id:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_10DE

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

that would be very nice :)

Hello will these hybrid drivers work for my MSI gx700 (8600 m gt) laptop ?

I have tested few of yr drivers for win7 64 bit and could not get them installed.

I get a error message right the start of installation and i went through yr guide for Driver Signing, but no luck :/

Hey, just visited some sites to see a hint, where your notebook is mentioned as an hybrid system. Just found some hybrid information, about the TV-card that is named as hybrid! This has nothing to do with grafic drivers :-)

How do you found out, that you have an hybrid system? I would say, that you should go to nvidia.com and use the normal WHQL drivers...^^

Edited by Freak

Hey, just visited some sites to see a hint, where your notebook is mentioned as an hybrid system. Just found some hybrid information, about the TV-card that is named as hybrid! This has nothing to do with grafic drivers :-)

How do you found out, that you have an hybrid system? I would say, that you should go to nvidia.com and use the normal WHQL drivers...^^

Yeah normal drivers works fine on my laptop gx700, from laptogo, and i was just testing these modded drivers if they work.

The issue i hav is that i cannot put win7 into sleep mode via windows setting.

I hav to manually disable monitor drivers from control/hardware tab and then windows uses default driver instead of using nvidias drivers.

This then works fine.

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=133394.0

source of this issue was nvidias drivers and i was hoping to use intel drivers to fix this issue :/.

Yeah normal drivers works fine on my laptop gx700, from laptogo, and i was just testing these modded drivers if they work.

The issue i hav is that i cannot put win7 into sleep mode via windows setting.

I hav to manually disable monitor drivers from control/hardware tab and then windows uses default driver instead of using nvidias drivers.

This then works fine.

http://forum-en.msi....?topic=133394.0

source of this issue was nvidias drivers and i was hoping to use intel drivers to fix this issue :/.

Hmmm. guess you dont realy understand what I mean. For me, as I can find out with your product name, you dont have a hybrid system!!! You dont have two graphic cards! Just one. So this driver is absolutely unusable for you!!! And beside that, you CAN NOT use an INTEL driver for an nvidia chip!!! Sorry, how do you come to such a point?

Edited by Freak

Hmmm. guess you dont realy understand what I mean. For me, as I can find out with your product name, you dont have a hybrid system!!! You dont have two graphic cards! Just one. So this driver is absolutely unusable for you!!! And beside that, you CAN NOT use an INTEL driver for an nvidia chip!!! Sorry, how do you come to such a point?

Just my mistake, :/ i stick with other drivers thanks.

The 260.61 Beta drivers that were just posted seem to make for descent Hybrid Graphics drivers so far in initial testing.

I am still getting a bit of powermizer flicker (seems like much less than before) and with powermizer off it idles on the hotter side. I have not tested multiple monitors yet but will get to it soon. I am really liking the new installer it is much more modular and opens many possibilities.

Hey, welcome back^^

Please, give me the drivers package, I'll do the multi-monitor testing :-)

Hehehe.. haven't added Fujitsu-Siemens Xi 3650 to the INF yet. :)

The bad news is the multi-monitor issue is still there. Very frustrating. I am digging through settings to see if one may fix it.

wb nautis did i have a chance that you integrate my graficcard (GT 240M) in your hybrid driver package?

that would be very nice. ive postet it a few comments over it.

wb nautis did i have a chance that you integrate my graficcard (GT 240M) in your hybrid driver package?

that would be very nice. ive postet it a few comments over it.

That is the plan diggahb.

I am finding there are basically two versions of Nvidia Hybrid Graphics notebooks on the market right now. The first are ones utilizing Intel 4500M Graphics and the other are using the Integrated Intel HD Graphics. The ones with Intel 4500M Graphics can utilize the latest Nvidia drivers but are stuck with the old drivers up to v.2020 on the Intel side. The ones with Intel HD graphics can utilize the latest Intel drivers but seem to be stuck on the 189 series on the Nvidia side.

Based on this I will be releasing two versions of the next Hybrid Graphics Master set. One will cover notebooks with Intel 4500M Graphics and will probably use Nvidia 260.63 and Intel 2020 and the other will be for the ones with Intel HD and use 189.99 and Intel 2202.

260.63 Hybrid Graphics Progress Report

-Think I may have gotten the Multimonitor issue fixed.

-I am having backlight adjustment issues with these.

-Powermizer seems to be broken with this set so idle HEAT!

-OpenCL and PhysX don't seem to want to activate.

This of course all applies to my VGN model Vaio Z, other Hybrid Graphics notebooks experience may vary. I am still working out some settings issues with these (yay.. nvidia changed things yet again) which may take care of some of these issues. All in all I kinda like the 260.61 Tesla drivers better. Will continue to try to work out issues on these for the time being.

EDIT: Very Curious :) ... I now have PowerMizer, OpenCL and PhysX working and I am not sure exactly how. :)

Nvidia Control Panel seems to like to lockup when doing various things.

-

EDIT: Update

-Multimonitor issue fixed.

-Powermizer, OpenCL, and PhysX seem to be working now. Strange.

-Backlight adjustment issues on the Nvidia side

-Will not switch from Intel back to Nvidia (settings issue)

-Powermizer still causes flicker when active (automatic clock adjustment flickers the screen) and idles hot when disabled.

-Nvidia Control Panel seems to lockup randomly for no reason when adjusting some things.

For me PowerMizer seems to be an extra program from sony. But, scince some NVidia drivers, guess 25x.xx , NVidia itself controls the stepping. So thereby PowerMizer must be deaktivated so windows7/NVidia can control that.

For the rest, maybe after some restarts some things take effect^^

P.S.:Can you give me an acutal package? Likely both packages, cause I dont realy know if I have the Integrated or 4500M ^^

For me PowerMizer seems to be an extra program from sony. But, scince some NVidia drivers, guess 25x.xx , NVidia itself controls the stepping. So thereby PowerMizer must be deaktivated so windows7/NVidia can control that.

For the rest, maybe after some restarts some things take effect^^

P.S.:Can you give me an acutal package? Likely both packages, cause I dont realy know if I have the Integrated or 4500M ^^

You have an Intel 4500M Series in yours. I will send you the package for it as soon as I add the proper stuff. I am pretty much recreating the INF almost from scratch once again. Lots to add and I am still testing on mine.

I may have a surprise too. :)

Sony VAIO Z VPCZ128GG

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&REV_02

(Core i7 620M)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&SUBSYS_905A104D&REV_A2

-

I am assuming if I try and install this latest beta I am going to end up with a really nice looking display also? :O