LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Open Test

EDIT: See below for Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 Win Vista/7 64bit package

Hybrid Graphics Master Set for Win Vista/7 64bit [Nvidia: 191.97 | Intel: 1994]

Hybrid Graphics Master Set for Win Vista/7 32bit [Nvidia: 191.90 | Intel: 1994]

Note: The new Vaio Z (VPC-Z11) currently does NOT work with these.

The following Hybrid Graphics notebooks models should work:

Acer Aspire 5935G

Asus UX50V

Asus UL30VT

Asus UL50VT

Asus UL80VT

BenQ Joybook S42

Dell Alienware M11x

Sony Vaio Z (Old VGN-Z Model)

Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo XI 3650

Hybrid Graphics notebooks not on the model list but with the following GPUs may work:

NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

NVIDIA GeForce G105M

NVIDIA GeForce G210M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

If you have a Hybrid Graphics notebook that is not on the models list above please let me know so I can add it to future releases.

Driver Signing & Test Mode for Unofficial 64bit Drivers

1.)Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider

2.)Disable UAC (Can usually be done by typing MSCONFIG in run and going to the Tools tab. You can re-enable it after installing the same way.)

3.)Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and choose "enable test mode"

4.)Reboot. (You should see Test Mode at the bottom right corner after reboot.)

5.)Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider again and choose "Sign a System File"

6.)In the box type "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" and click ok (do not include the quotes.)

7.)Click "Sign a System File" again and this time put "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys" (do not include the quotes.)

8.)Reboot and all should work.

Special notes for the old Sony Vaio Z (VGN-Z model):

If you get a screen that looks like this you need to update your bios.

Half-n-Half-03.jpg

Sony Vaio Z (VGN-Z Model ONLY) - LOWEST BIOS version for proper graphics functionality (by model):

Z590/Z2 Series and lower models = R2170M3

Z690/Z3 Series and newer models = R4043M3

-

Update: 6/24/10 - Found a couple of cool new feature(s). New Hybrid Graphics Notebooks. New Drivers.

Nvidia has finally added a feature to their hybrid power taskbar application that allows for easier whitelisting and blacklisting of programs. This will allow you to unlock programs that may be blocking switching without having to quit them first.

Always on the lookout for new Hybrid Graphics (aka Switchable Graphics) notebooks. I have recently stumbled upon new notebooks from Lenovo and Asus that feature the new generation of Hybrid Graphics (with Intel HD) like the VPCZ11/12 Vaio Zs.

The new 256 series of drivers seems to have introduced a new set of issues with Hybrid Graphics notebooks. 258.49 seems to be the only one thus far that seems to function semi-correctly. (I haven't tested 258.19 yet) I have posted a Nvidia 258.49 / Intel 1994 64bit package for testing but am already working on revisions to it. The package does not include the new features or notebooks and I need more testing on Hybrid Graphics notebooks other than the (VGNZ) Vaio Z.

Reported Issues:

Sony Vaio Z (Z11/12) - Still can not get the newer drivers working on the Z11/12. This is due to issues with the newer Intel drivers properly outputting to the notebook screen. Until we can get this fixed we are stuck at 1994 which does not support Intel HD in the Vaio Z and newer Hybrid Graphics notebooks.

Sony Vaio Z (VGN-Z) - Random screen flashes. (This is caused by powermizer, disabling powermizer fixes it but there is more heat & fan noise.)

BenQ S42 - the nvidia device does not disappear from device manager after being switched to intel. May not be powering down the Nvidia part correctly for S42.

Acer Aspire 5935G - Nvidia device does not disable. Similar to BenQ. Hotkey Switch does not work. Brightness adjustment not working.

Asus M11xR1 - Nvidia device does not disable. Similar to BenQ.

Asus UL3/5/80VT - Nvidia device does not disable. Similar to BenQ.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

omg... I just ###### in my pants......

Welcome back Nautis!

Cleanup on Aisle 2. Glad to be back. Now to get some newer and better working Hybrid Graphics drivers released.

Natius:

I'm a new user of this site. I've got a Sony Vaio VGN-Z620N myself (Geforce 9300M GS). I tried updates off the website (both 186.81 and 195.62) generically, using the INF file mods with the uploaded driver. No luck, both versions didn't fly with my Sony Vaio. How does this compare with what solution you're creating? I know enough on this stuff to be dangerous, but figured worth asking all things considered.

Natius:

I'm a new user of this site. I've got a Sony Vaio VGN-Z620N myself (Geforce 9300M GS). I tried updates off the website (both 186.81 and 195.62) generically, using the INF file mods with the uploaded driver. No luck, both versions didn't fly with my Sony Vaio. How does this compare with what solution you're creating? I know enough on this stuff to be dangerous, but figured worth asking all things considered.

I also have an old series Vaio Z. As you have experienced installing the standard Nvidia drivers on their own on a Hybrid Graphics notebook will not work, even with a modded INF. This is because Hybrid Graphics requires both Intel and Nvidia drivers packaged together in a way specifically for our notebooks. I have figured out what is needed to make this work and these drivers are newer versions based on those findings.

Hello Nautis,

thanks in advance for your efforts. I hope your drivers will make Nvidia Optimus work on older laptops...

I have Asus UL80VT and it would be great if you could add this to the supported Hybrid Graphics Master Set release :-)

It has Nvidia GeForce G210M GPU and 195.62 driver set for Windows 7 64 bit would be perfect :)

In the meantime, I will try the driver from your other thread and report back with results or problems.

Thx again

The following GPUs and Notebook models will be supported in the next Hybrid Graphics Master Set release.

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT  BenQ     Joybook S42
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT  Fujitsu  Amilo XI 3650
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT  Fujitsu  Amilo XI 3650
NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M   Acer     Aspire 5935G
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS  Sony     Vaio Z (Old VGN)
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS  Sony     Vaio Z (Old VGN)
NVIDIA GeForce G105M     Asus     UX50V
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M   Sony     Vaio Z (New VPC)
NVIDIA GeForce G210M     Asus     UL30VT
NVIDIA GeForce G210M     Asus     UL30VT
NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M   Dell     Alienware M11x

If you know of or have a Hybrid Graphics capable notebook that isn't listed above please let me know. (Notebook brand, model, GPU and last official working driver preferred.)

I will be releasing both 32 and 64bit Vista/Windows 7 HGMS drivers. More information and drivers will be released soon.

Ohh good.. More notebooks I am missing from my list. I will be modding an INF for 197.16 that should enable Optimus. I will include the Asus UL80VT and Dell Vostro 3700.

I will eventually get to the point where I strip all notebook specific restrictions out of the INF and have it work universally for all Optmus supported GPUs. For now however it is very beneficial to me to know all of the notebooks that may be able to support it and the differences in each.

Hybrid Graphics seems to be slightly different on older and newer Hybrid Graphics notebooks. More info soon.

I also have an old series Vaio Z. As you have experienced installing the standard Nvidia drivers on their own on a Hybrid Graphics notebook will not work, even with a modded INF. This is because Hybrid Graphics requires both Intel and Nvidia drivers packaged together in a way specifically for our notebooks. I have figured out what is needed to make this work and these drivers are newer versions based on those findings.

Thanks for the information. Given the insanity, I have to ask...any idea when the new inf file, etc. will be up? Just checking, as its this or I have to go through the expense and concerns of a op system upgrade, which I'm hoping isn't a necessity at this point. Regardless, thanks for the information, it explains some things I've been reading and not totally understanding.

Thanks for the information. Given the insanity, I have to ask...any idea when the new inf file, etc. will be up? Just checking, as its this or I have to go through the expense and concerns of a op system upgrade, which I'm hoping isn't a necessity at this point. Regardless, thanks for the information, it explains some things I've been reading and not totally understanding.

Well there has been a GPU switching issue present in every driver since the 191 series. If it is a settings issue then I am close to fixing it. I am currently working on 197.13 trying to fix it.

There is a older Hybrid Graphics set up. Nvidia 191.66 | Intel 1994 | Windows Vista/7 64bit

This build was originally put together by me and upgraded to 1994 by Dreamliner.

Well there has been a GPU switching issue present in every driver since the 191 series. If it is a settings issue then I am close to fixing it. I am currently working on 197.13 trying to fix it.

There is a older Hybrid Graphics set up. Nvidia 191.80 | Intel 1994 | Windows Vista/7 64bit

This build was originally put together by me and upgraded to 1994 by Dreamliner.

Dude, owesome news! I'm waiting new drivers for Benq S42!

There is a older Hybrid Graphics set up. Nvidia 191.66 | Intel 1994 | Windows Vista/7 64bit

Unfortunately, I need 32 bit...

Unfortunately, I need 32 bit...

Working on 32bit drivers now. They are going to be Windows Vista/7 32bit [Nvidia: 191.90 | Intel: 1930]. Drivers above the 191 series currently have GPU switching problems.

Working on 32bit drivers now. They are going to be Windows Vista/7 32bit [Nvidia: 191.90 | Intel: 1930]. Drivers above the 191 series currently have GPU switching problems.

Awaiting the fruits of your efforts eagerly...

Awaiting the fruits of your efforts eagerly...

See if you had an account on here rather than just being a guest I might be able to message ya something. :)

See if you had an account on here rather than just being a guest I might be able to message ya something. :)

Like this? New nick, same person...

Like this? New nick, same person...

Check your PM :)

So I am eagerly waiting to get my Sony Vaio VPCZ112GX/S, and was wondering if your modified drivers would work for it. If so, does the "speed/stamina/auto" switch work in the same manner with modified drivers?

Cheers!

Nautis1100 pls say then new 197.xx x64 driver be ready? I'll like to test new driver on Benq, old drivers too old for new games.

So I am eagerly waiting to get my Sony Vaio VPCZ112GX/S, and was wondering if your modified drivers would work for it. If so, does the "speed/stamina/auto" switch work in the same manner with modified drivers?

Cheers!

The my new Hybrid Graphics Master Set 191 series drivers once released should work fine with it including switching.

Nautis1100 pls say then new 197.xx x64 driver be ready? I'll like to test new driver on Benq, old drivers too old for new games.

Drivers above the 191 series (195->197) all have switching issues. The driver seemingly works fine at first but then after switching to the Intel part the Nvidia side stops working without a registry edit and reboot. Myself and a few others are working diligently to try to find a solution to this but none has been found thus far.

The only other way I know of getting the latest drivers to work on a hybrid graphics notebook is to basically switch to discrete or single gpu mode in the bios (if your notebook has this option) which should force use of ONLY the nvidia part.

Hey,

just saw that hybrid section, awesome!!! Hoped so long, that someone going to push that black feeld. Scince NVidia officialy supports all laptop GPUs, only the hybrid users are still alone.

So, can I use this version with my Fujitsu-Siemens Xi 3650 ? Can I switch just as I am used to? Is there any restriction known? Like no Hibernation, long wait time after Hibernation...aso..

Btw: I could not find a downloadlink from any version. Just the users posts with this single link to download. So where can I actualy download this drivers?

If you could help me out, it would be more than awesome!!! :)

More Hardwareinfos:

NVidia:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_11481734&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0649&CC_030000

Intel:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_11481734&REV_07

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&CC_030000

Edited by Freak

I am still working on adding support for new (vpcz11) Vaio Z users so I have not posted them yet. They should work fully.

EDIT: Sent ya a message.