LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Graphics Master Set Drivers

Nautis1100

Just woke up and got to work. Let me look at what you posted.

EDIT: Ok Does it give any errors in Device Manager? Any yellow icons over any devices?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• Freak

• narniaforever

• Kokoulis19

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Sysrest,

ran install of drivers twice w/o reboot

got the weird multigpu thing again, then lost it.

Learned that the graphics actually switch if it does that black flickering, not a dimming, even if the nvidia control panel is available.

Here is the download link. Instructions are in the readmes.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3v4li

Thanks to tech support L***** Z*****.

Guest RHseeminglyanon

forgot somethings. multigpu makes the fan loud. Heat was extreme.

should also warn that this is only for UL**VT series, not for other HG systems. People trying this method, give some log of what happened. Gonna give a reply back to tech tm when I wake up.

Sysrest,

ran install of drivers twice w/o reboot

got the weird multigpu thing again, then lost it.

Learned that the graphics actually switch if it does that black flickering, not a dimming, even if the nvidia control panel is available.

Here is the download link. Instructions are in the readmes.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3v4li

Thanks to tech support L***** Z*****.

I am downloading that driver to take a look and see if I notice anything odd, got about 11mins before its done.

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Just woke up and got to work. Let me look at what you posted.

EDIT: Ok Does it give any errors in Device Manager? Any yellow icons over any devices?

Got lucky Naut. Was about to sysrest again. Strangely enough, both int and dis are given as working... but when clicking on Nvidia panel, got this error: "The NVIDIA Pisplay Panel extension cannot be created."

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Aw snap. Forgot to read support disclosure that I'm not suppose to share this. Even so, development on something as crucial as this should not be stopped for the projects on Optimus. Or at least they should not completely disregard this laptop. What would be really nice is if the developers could create a separate program that can modify/install the offical nvidia drivers. I remembered this laptop being touted by reviewers as green nvidia driver friendly... well they lied.

If this package actually came from Asus tech support it is very surprising. The reason it is surprising is that it is using one of MY existing INFs and is a package I put together. You can tell this because at the top of the INF it says "; Based on an install method and inf by Itaru". Itaru is on the NotebookReview forums and posted a method for combining the existing package with new drivers to make a package that seems to work. The problem with this method is that it excluded some settings in the INF that would be needed to get thing working 100%. That is where my INF came in.

Another thing to note is that in the INF you have "DriverVer = 08/28/2009, 8.15.11.8688" which is 186.88. This is also based on Itatus method of combining drivers since they were running into issues due to the driver version triggering the certificate somehow not to work.

Needless to say I don't really recommend this package over my own Hybrid Graphics Master Set. My Hybrid Graphics Master Set is built from the ground up to support as many Hybrid Graphics notebooks as possible. A real updated driver from Asus would be great but alas this isn't it.

For more information on this package and Itarus method see the NBR thread here. You will also find my link to the "Unofficial" driver package posted there which does not include driversweeper in the package. I only recommend driversweeper as a last resort if you are having problems.

Seems to me like this is just someone blowing smoke. Sorry.

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Nuts. Already wrote to Asus tech guy. I'll see what his response is. Maybe if we are lucky we can actually get someone relevant at Asus interested.

If this package actually came from Asus tech support it is very surprising. The reason it is surprising is that it is using one of MY existing INFs and is a package I put together. You can tell this because at the top of the INF it says "; Based on an install method and inf by Itaru". Itaru is on the NotebookReview forums and posted a method for combining the existing package with new drivers to make a package that seems to work. The problem with this method is that it excluded some settings in the INF that would be needed to get thing working 100%. That is where my INF came in.

Another thing to note is that in the INF you have "DriverVer = 08/28/2009, 8.15.11.8688" which is 186.88. This is also based on Itatus method of combining drivers since they were running into issues due to the driver version triggering the certificate somehow not to work.

Needless to say I don't really recommend this package over my own Hybrid Graphics Master Set. My Hybrid Graphics Master Set is built from the ground up to support as many Hybrid Graphics notebooks as possible. A real updated driver from Asus would be great but alas this isn't it.

For more information on this package and Itarus method see the NBR thread here. You will also find my link to the "Unofficial" driver package posted there which does not include driversweeper in the package. I only recommend driversweeper as a last resort if you are having problems.

Seems to me like this is just someone blowing smoke. Sorry.

What would be really nice is if the developers could create a separate program that can modify/install the offical nvidia drivers. I remembered this laptop being touted by reviewers as green nvidia driver friendly... well they lied.

This is not something they can officially due do to legal reasons. This is due to the Hybrid Graphics driver containing both Intel and Nvidia drivers that install as a single driver. I have instructions that are being posted here under my Modding 101 series that explain the ins and outs of the Hybrid Graphics package and how to create one yourself. These instructions will also include a way to mod the Intel and Nvidia drivers and install them separately. On top of this I have a project I am working on to do exactly what you are talking about. My goal is to have it be able to make a tool that will do the work for you and spit out a Hybrid Graphics package by just pointing to the location of the Intel and Nvidia driver you want to use. I am not a programmer however so who knows whether it will ever see the light of day.

Guest RHseeminglyanon

Thanks Naut, though I'm kinda bummed out. I'll keep you updated about the Asus support. Keep working on the stuff you mention. There are plenty of test laptops, including mine, out there to help/

Nuts. Already wrote to Asus tech guy. I'll see what his response is. Maybe if we are lucky we can actually get someone relevant at Asus interested.

Thats ok. Like I said I doubt it is really an Asus tech guy. If it is it is surprising that they would link to an unofficial untested package that could potentially harm your system. If it is an actual tech guy and they did they deserve to be called out on it. I have no problem creating updated packages for Hybrid Graphics notebooks but that is just a sloppy package (I know I created it), you will find much better ones posted here.

Thanks Naut, though I'm kinda bummed out. I'll keep you updated about the Asus support. Keep working on the stuff you mention. There are plenty of test laptops, including mine, out there to help/

No worries. Like I said sorry to break that news to ya.

I am excited as anyone when I hear about companies actually supporting products they release.

As I have noticed recently Ailenware of all companies seems to be doing the best job at this. Alienware just recently posted a new official Hybrid Graphics package [Nvidia 197.72 / Intel 1994] dated 06/29/2010. This is the newest official set that I know of and I will be posting up a modified INF for it that includes support for many other Hybrid Graphics notebooks.

Anyways. Soon very soon [Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020] and [Nvidia 197.72 / Intel 1994]. I will post them even if the INF is still a work in progress. Sorry for taking so long.

No worries. Like I said sorry to break that news to ya.

I am excited as anyone when I hear about companies actually supporting products they release.

As I have noticed recently Ailenware of all companies seems to be doing the best job at this. Alienware just recently posted a new official Hybrid Graphics package [Nvidia 197.72 / Intel 1994] dated 06/29/2010. This is the newest official set that I know of and I will be posting up a modified INF for it that includes support for many other Hybrid Graphics notebooks.

Anyways. Soon very soon [Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020] and [Nvidia 197.72 / Intel 1994]. I will post them even if the INF is still a work in progress. Sorry for taking so long.

Bummer about the ASUS drivers not working out. Can't wait for those official Alienware drivers though Nautis. :)

Hi

I've a HP PAVILION DM3-1150EL Notebook

This notebook is sold in italy and has a hybrid graphics system -> NVIDIA G105M + INTEL GM45

The drivers on HP website are OLD, forceware are like 189 and i dont like this... for example CoreAVC does not work properly since at leat 190 is required.

So i donwloaded the 191.97 64bit package but i does not works since ID are different

i've modified NV_DISP.INF according to HP one and i got it to work.

The only problem i noticed is that fonts are too "smooth" in some parts of the screen, dunno why.

Can you help me to edit NV_DISP correctly, i'll attach both files, original hp one(nvmvhm.inf) and 191.97 modified one(NV_DISP.INF)

Thanks

NV_DISP.INF

nvmvhm.inf

Oh goody.. I will take a look.

I just have a little question about the Intel drivers: Why are you not looking or testing with latest 8.15.10.2141? Or are they just that brand new? :)

I realy love that new Intel control panel...just aero styly^^

Since Intels change to the new control panel the drivers have had a bug that causes the notebook screen to blank the screen (the black screen issue). The last version before the change was 2020 which is what I was going to include in the new release. I personally test all new versions of both Intel and Nvidia drivers on a continual basis.

The thread where Intel discusses and admits to the blackscreen bug is on their forums here. The good news is that it looks like they may have figured out the issue and may have a fix. Now I am not 100% that this is the same black screen issue we are running into but it sounds like it. The only way we will know if it fixes it is by testing. They should have new drivers soon, I am anxiously awaiting those.

Hey, I got that black-screen too. But now I guess I know what that is. It is the monitor output adapter changing. When I install drivers on the hybrid system, during the setup, my laptop monitor goes black, because it is switched to the second monitor adapter, where I plugged in my flat-TV. First time I waited half an hour, then just pushed the reset button, hoping the installtion had been finished :-) . Now I push [windows-button]+[p] then

and [enter], that switches from the external monitor to the integrated.

See pictures what happens with combination:

post-43577-009193100 1279888272_thumb.jp ------>post-43577-013285500 1279888286_thumb.jp

NOW for the mini acer aspire 1420p, ONLY Intel HD4500 laptop: Same black-screen with the brand new drivers! With installing the drivers, got a switch to the external monitor adapter, NOT having a pluged monitor. But solving the issue like above, [windows-button]+[p] then

and [enter].

So, guys, test if you get the screen back this way, than its "just" a monitor switching problem...for me it seems, that in the Intel forum they are talking about just that same problem...its allways the installation of drivers where the bad "black-screen" comes up. BUT its just a screen-adapter-chaning, for me :-)

Just see that I cannot write an answer in Intel forum, until registration...so Nauti could you write the hotkey-function as an answer? Before test it hehe

Edited by Freak

I am going to wait to see what fixes Intel has in place. If there are still issues I will post your info over there Freak.

I have uploaded [N258.96 / I2020] and [N258.96 / I2141] driver only packages that are currently without INFs since I plan to revise the INFs based on your feedback. As soon as I get back in front of my notebook I will post links and the first version of the INF. The [N258.96 / I2141] is meant for the VPC Model Vaio Z and newer model Hybrid Graphics notebooks with Intel HD Graphics.

I hope if Intels new drivers fix the black screen issue for us we will have some brand new fully updated drivers on the Intel side. This might even mean that I can support all Hybrid Graphics notebooks in the same INF. Anxiously awaiting Intels release.

Uploading a new full package of [N258.96 / I2020] with PhysX, HDAudio and the INF included. I don't expect this to work fully for everyone right of the bat and will need testing. On my VPC model Vaio Z I have backlight adjustment issues, switching to intel and back seems to fix them though.

-

EDIT:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS DRIVER SET HAS BEEN POSTED FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!

Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 [beta 1] Windows 7/Vista 64bit

Make sure your notebook has the latest BIOs as many have fixes for Hybrid Graphics issues.

Uninstall your existing graphics drivers when set to Speed/Performance/Nvidia and make sure you see both Video Devices in Device manager before installing.

Download the Hybrid Graphics Master Set – Nvidia 258.96 / Intel 2020 Windows 7/Vista 64bit [beta 1]

Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO)from NGO

Extract N25896_I2020_x64_FULL.exe and run Setup.exe in the folder you extracted it to.

After installation is finished do not reboot instead run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) [dseo13b.exe].

In Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) choose “Enable Test Mode” and click “Next” then “Ok”.

After Test Mode has been set choose “Sign a System File” -> “Next” and then type or paste the following

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys

Or whatever location your Windows is installed

Click “Ok”

Choose Sign a “System File” AGAIN then “Next” and type or paste

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

Or whatever location your Windows is installed

Reboot and the drivers should work.

-

259.09 currently in testing.

Thank you for your new driver i will try it

I have try this on my BenQ S42 it work when switch to intel nvidia is disable

PowerMizer Work

Nice Work Nautis

post-43957-016337700 1280294578_thumb.pn

post-43957-053719000 1280294608_thumb.pn

Edited by I'm Benz

Thank you for your new driver i will try it

I have try this on my BenQ S42 it work when switch to intel nvidia is disable

PowerMizer Work

Nice Work Nautis

Credit goes to namaiki for the BenQ side of things. Glad to hear the first report of success.

Things to test if possible: backlight brightness adjustment, GPU Switching, restoration from sleep/hibernation. The Intel side has been updated so I am curious of any differences noticed there.

Just wanted to add the Acer 5745G to the list.

It features hybrid graphics with GT300M and Intel HD

Thank you Snowscar, got that one already.

There are currently 3 notebooks I know of with what I consider newer Hybrid Graphics with Intel HD.

They are the VPC series Sony Vaio Z, the Acer Aspire 5745G, & Levono IdeaPad V460. Since the newer Intel drivers are buggy and do not work with older Hybrid Graphics notebooks like I have I am building two separate Hybrid Graphics driver sets. I am currently putting the finishing touches on the driver set that will work with the Acer Aspire 5745G. It will be Nvidia 259.96 / Intel 2141 but will be released completely untested as I do not have a comparable notebook.

Thanks again for the info, it is very much appreciated.

Guest Guest

Thank you Snowscar, got that one already.

There are currently 3 notebooks I know of with what I consider newer Hybrid Graphics with Intel HD.

They are the VPC series Sony Vaio Z, the Acer Aspire 5745G, & Levono IdeaPad V460. Since the newer Intel drivers are buggy and do not work with older Hybrid Graphics notebooks like I have I am building two separate Hybrid Graphics driver sets. I am currently putting the finishing touches on the driver set that will work with the Acer Aspire 5745G. It will be Nvidia 259.96 / Intel 2141 but will be released completely untested as I do not have a comparable notebook.

Thanks again for the info, it is very much appreciated.

im not sure but i dont think the ul80's are old hybrid gfx... is this correct?

will try it on here and see what happens