LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Optimus on Hybrid Graphics

Nautis1100

Guest nicke

Confirmed not working on UL30VT. But 270.61 does fine.

With 275.33, Driver install well, but when trying control pannel, the software says there is no suitable nvidia Hardware.

Games using nvidia chrashes...

Akta

I can't even install this :facepalm: 270.66 works fine...I tried nvam.inf from top of this site, and drivers from gr9zev, but i always get this no suitable message ;/ Maybe someone can create nvam file for me :) Pretty please...

ul30vt 210m

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&CC_0300

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anytimer

• Idontknow12

• Nautis1100

• Madswk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest newplayer

Here is the nvam that I used to get 275.33 running on my ul80vt. Hope it helps others. nvam.inf

this + http://forums.laptop...dia-mobile-oem/ and the modified nvwi.inf worked for me with UL30VT. Remove ASUS Live Update and Power 4 Gear before installing as it crashes the new drivers. i also had turn off hardware acceleration for youtub flash otherwise it would crash.

thanks and good luck to others

Guest newplayer

Started blue screen bsod crash again, but now its finally solved....wiped thenvidia drivers..reboot... edited nvam.inf at the line %NVIDIA_DEV.0A74.01% = Section058, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1BC21043 abd changed it to %NVIDIA_DEV.0A74.01% = Section058, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043 as the UL30VT geforce210m seems to have another Hardware-ID than UL80VT.....here is the already edited file.. works fine for me so far

good luck................

• 2 weeks later...

280.28 were out a while ago, follow the drivers thread:

Edited by gr9zev

Better use the notebook OEM version istead of the desktop.

http://forums.laptop...a-oem-notebook/

Thank you anytimer!

I've just noticed one interesting thing: with High Performance Power Profile I get ~4 points more in FurMark (http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/), than in Balanced.

Overclocked 20% (nsu in attachment) (nvidia system tools, I use oc ONLY for this benchmark and Team Fortress)

Laptop lives 2:30 in "Textpad mode", when nothing cpu-heavy is being processed.

post-45952-0-36827600-1313690133_thumb.p

oc20.zip

post-45952-0-11852600-1313690672_thumb.j

Edited by gr9zev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kyjibo

I was able to get my UL80VT working with the newest drivers from both Nvidia(8.17.12.8026) and Intel(8.15.10.2413) with fairly little incident. The only catch is that for some reason the Intel Control panel will not open without crashing(GFXui has stopped working).

The process I used was.

1 - Download the inf in the first post and the applicable Nvidia and Intel drivers.

2 - Using Anytimer's method and the first post's inf for reference I modified the inf in the official drivers.

Look at the nvam.inf of the driver that worked before. You know the section number that you used there. Look up which other device(s) used that same section number. Say you find that 2 other devices DeviceA and DeviceB used that same section number.

Now look at the nvam.inf of the new driver. Find DeviceA or DeviceB in that nvam.inf. See which section number they are using and use that section number for your device

3 - Put laptop into high performance mode using both power4gear and the button on the laptop

4 - Uninstall the hybrid drivers and reboot

5 - Install the Intel drivers

6 - Install the modified Nvidia drivers and reboot

If anyone has any clue as to why the Intel control panel wont behave I'm still trying to fix it. Otherwise I can just report what others have found. The graphics card behaves as you would hope except for the additional power consumption.

Thanks to all for all of the work that has been done to make this so easy.

A couple of things spring to mind:

1. I don't use power4gear - I have a VAIO Z1 - so try installing without help from that utility. You can turn it back on after the installation is done.

2. After you uninstalled the existing drivers, did you check in device manager? You should have had two VGA compatible adapters listed there, with one of them showing a problem.

3. Did you uninstall the existing drivers completely? Sometimes the screen just goes black while uninstalling and you have to do it blind - wait for 3 minutes or so until the uninstaller has finished (keep an eye on the HDD LED) and then press ENTER to restart the laptop (imagine the restart dialog that appears at the end of the process).

1. I actually did the process without power4gear installed, It did not cause the problem. I just re-installed it so I could use the keyboard shortcuts for power management.

2. Yes, it showed up correctly as two vga devices

3. Yes I uninstalled completely, I had to actively prevent windows update from getting drivers after each reboot, but it was completely uninstalled.

It really isn't a big issue. It just means I can't use the Intel control panel. otherwise it behaves fine.

Having read so many different ways of doing this I see myself lost and not knowing what to do.

How should I install the latest 280.26 drivers for my UL80Vt?

I've already uninstalled everything and run driver sweeper. The whole INF modifying is beyond my abilities for I cannot understand any of that you guys have said about it...

Also, I can't seem to find the latest Intel drivers and manage to install them, I always get the error message that the drivers aren't made for this computer.

At least give us your hardware and OS details. Do you want us to Google for UL80Vt, find out what hardware you are using, and guess which flavour of Windows you have?

Please consider joining, so you can put all these details in your signature.

Also, check out this thread on a related forum:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/342947-my-discoveries-vaio-z-s-hybrid-graphics.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ich schreib jetzt einfach mal auf deutsch. vllt versteht mich ja jemand :)

Hab vergeblich nach nem deutschen tutorial gesucht. habe das ganze jetzt so verstanden:

1. neuen optimus driver downloaden

2. inf anpassen (wie genau? kann ich jede graka benutzen? habe eine GT540M 2gb)

3. reboot, fertig.

desweiteren habe ich den neusten offiziellen nvidia treiber installiert.

Ich weiß nun nicht genau wie ich die inf anpasse soll, vllt gibt es ja auch schon eine.

Ich habe einen Acer 5750G (i7-2630M und ebene die GT540M, achja win 7 64)

Hoffe mir kann jemand helfen.

gruß muetze87

Ps.: bei dem NvGPUStateViewer64 steht ständig "OFF", deswegen kann ja bei mir was nicht richtig sein.

^ Your laptop has Optimus technology. This thread is for people with older laptops which use the hybrid graphics technology. You can just get drivers from here.

(Windows 7 64bit)

or

(Windows 7 32 bit)

You can get the Intel driver from www.intel.com

Guest muetze87

danke für deine antwort :)

Habe diesen beiden treiber (intel und 285.27) schon installiert, dennoch kann ich zum beispiel bei deus ex human rev. meine gk nicht auswählen und es stockt extrem, bei niedrigster grafik -.-

gruß muetze87

When you right click the icon for the game, do you see 'run with graphics processor' in the menu?

322201081646am.jpg

Edited by anytimer

Hello,

i tried for tow Days now to get a driver Working for an UL50VT.

Im even did not mange to install a driver.

I treid several drivers. Most just state no comaptible Hardware found , even after i copied tghe nvam.inf from that post

http://forums.laptop...470#entry137470

After that i treid drivers Version 270,61 from this page

i get a "files are missing" message" on setup.

I also found post were it was recommended to ad the device ID i also treid that. but still i get those message. "files are missing"

I read that people use the drivers on UL50VT so i do not understand what im doing worng.

i see an installed intel ´family 4 express chipset card

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_07

and

standard vga card in the device manger.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2

A apprechiate any help.

you are best off by getting vga driver it from vendor site. Hybrid graphics came in for a short period of time and only through oems. now its not on offer anymore and nvidia site does not support them.

i had same vga from acer and downloaded the drivers from their site. works all fine.

You MUST uninstall the existing drivers before installing the new drivers. This means that for the Intel driver, go to device manager, right click the intel graphics adapter and select properties.

Click the drivers tab, then update driver.

Click browse my computer for driver software, then let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Select Standard VGA Graphics adapter and install that driver.

Reboot. Make sure you see two Standard VGA Graphics adapters, one with an exclamation mark saying it has a problem. If you see something else, try again.

Now install the driver you got from this thread.

Hello Anytmer,

thank you for your Help and Work.

I had two VGA devices one ith the Yellow MArk.

I installed then "Win7Vista_151717.exe" drivers from intel. rebootet. That worked fine.

But however eny nvidia driver tells me

"files are missing"

Is ist because my Ul50VT has no Intel HD Graphics?

Try it again, but this time after uninstalling the old drivers and before installing the new ones, clean your system using nfr (nasty file remover) or driversweeper to make sure no nVidia files have been left behind to mess things up. Make sure that whatever driver you have downloaded supports the graphics chip and operating system in question. If you use beta (non WHQL signed) drivers, then you'll also have to turn off driver signature enforcement using dseo.

Perhaps you should try the drivers from this thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/342947-my-discoveries-vaio-z-s-hybrid-graphics.html

Thank you again,

the mentioned Tools did not start or do anythiong. So i did a clean install of win 7 ultimate on the UL50VT

Installed are only

Nr.1 Intel Inf. Chipset Utility 9.2.2

Nr.2 Asus ATK Components

then

Nr.3 "Win7Vista_151717.exe" (workingand installing without Problems)

But still no luck

(uses nvam.inf and copied it to folder Display.Driver and replaced the one that was there "http://forums.laptop...470#entry137470")

279.61 from this Board =

280,26 from nvidia ROiginal = no hardware found

280,26 from nvidia with nvam.inf from this Thread =

the driver from "Win7Vista_151717.exe"

VPCZ_N26063_J2202_x32_Test = "required Files are missing"

Installation is aborting before anything is done. What im doing wrong. I used too make own drivers with the driver heaven tools, but this ones dont work with hybrid graphics.

Or is there even a method too see what files are missing?

Thank you again,

the mentioned Tools did not start or do anythiong. So i did a clean install of win 7 ultimate on the UL50VT

Installed are only

Nr.1 Intel Inf. Chipset Utility 9.2.2

Nr.2 Asus ATK Components

then

Nr.3 "Win7Vista_151717.exe" (workingand installing without Problems)

But still no luck

(uses nvam.inf and copied it to folder Display.Driver and replaced the one that was there "http://forums.laptop...470#entry137470")

279.61 from this Board =

280,26 from nvidia ROiginal = no hardware found

280,26 from nvidia with nvam.inf from this Thread =

the driver from "Win7Vista_151717.exe"

VPCZ_N26063_J2202_x32_Test = "required Files are missing"

Installation is aborting before anything is done. What im doing wrong. I used too make own drivers with the driver heaven tools, but this ones dont work with hybrid graphics.

Or is there even a method too see what files are missing?