Top Posters In This Topic

• anytimer

• Idontknow12

• Nautis1100

• Madswk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bobloblaw

Hi, sorry to trouble everyone. Several months ago, Idontknow12 posted a nvam for the Vostro 3700. Unfortunately this was for a 64-bit system and my Vostro is (oddly) running Windos 7 x86. I have tried to manually make an nvam but the process is a bit over my head. I can't seem to figure out what's the most recent version of the driver that works and how to modify the 32 bit file. Would someone walk me through how to edit the file?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

anyone have any issues trying to install this onto Windows 8 developer preview (64 bit)? When I try to install the nvidia drivers, it says that it's missing files or cannot find any compatible graphics hardware.

edit: on a UL30vt

Edited by huey85

Guest JollyBob

Hi, sorry to trouble everyone. Several months ago, Idontknow12 posted a nvam for the Vostro 3700. Unfortunately this was for a 64-bit system and my Vostro is (oddly) running Windos 7 x86. I have tried to manually make an nvam but the process is a bit over my head. I can't seem to figure out what's the most recent version of the driver that works and how to modify the 32 bit file. Would someone walk me through how to edit the file?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Install Windows x64 and use the cd-key on the back side of your laptop... problem solved !

Guest Bobloblaw1

Install Windows x64 and use the cd-key on the back side of your laptop... problem solved !

Okay. Kinda sucks to lose my entire install...but it seems that any unofficial support is all x64 based so...I may have to.

Anyway, I did manage to get drivers modded and they installed but I unfortunately kept getting BSODs after about 5 minutes. Oh well. Perhaps it is time to migrate to x64.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to everyone! my first post btw.

I have been reading this forum ever since I bought my Asus UL80VT and realized that ASUS did not provided any updates after v189. I have tried installing succesfully v197 but never tried never versions because of all the signature thing that has to be done so I didnt want to bother having to re install everything in case something goes wrong.

Recently I did some research because I wanted to start playing skyrim and see if newer drivers would increase performance over the factory default drivers and somewhere I read a post on how to to install the latest v285 drivers from nvidia so I wanted to share this with you all since I share the same frustration with the lack of driver updates for hybrid laptops.

To install the latest drivers do the following:

-Go do nvidia's homepage and download the latest drivers for your geforce 210m

-Before installing switch to your nvidia card and disable your intel card in the device manager (this skips the wrong hardware check)

-Select custom install and perform a clean install.

-On the first try my screen went black and never got back to display the desktop so I had to force shut down.

-Back in windows drivers are going to be uninstalled and you are going to be back to windows default drivers.

-Perform another installation with the nvidia drivers.

-Restart

-Go to device manager and enable intel card.

- Select performance mode in Power4Gear.

-Magic! Now you have 285 drivers for your nvidia card.

Unfortunately this has his drawbacks too:

-You still have the old intel 1994 drivers

-Switching back and forth between cards only works one time. Example: I can go from nvidia to intel but not back. Same way around. Restart is needed for proper functionality again.

- Apparently when on intel gpu the nvidia gpu does not switch off.

This worked for me. I hope this also works for others who are interested in having the latest drivers installed for their nvidia gpu. Let me know if someone else was able to do this!

Guest Abraham

Hi to everyone! my first post btw.

I have been reading this forum ever since I bought my Asus UL80VT and realized that ASUS did not provided any updates after v189. I have tried installing succesfully v197 but never tried never versions because of all the signature thing that has to be done so I didnt want to bother having to re install everything in case something goes wrong.

Recently I did some research because I wanted to start playing skyrim and see if newer drivers would increase performance over the factory default drivers and somewhere I read a post on how to to install the latest v285 drivers from nvidia so I wanted to share this with you all since I share the same frustration with the lack of driver updates for hybrid laptops.

To install the latest drivers do the following:

-Go do nvidia's homepage and download the latest drivers for your geforce 210m

-Before installing switch to your nvidia card and disable your intel card in the device manager (this skips the wrong hardware check)

-Select custom install and perform a clean install.

-On the first try my screen went black and never got back to display the desktop so I had to force shut down.

-Back in windows drivers are going to be uninstalled and you are going to be back to windows default drivers.

-Perform another installation with the nvidia drivers.

-Restart

-Go to device manager and enable intel card.

- Select performance mode in Power4Gear.

-Magic! Now you have 285 drivers for your nvidia card.

Unfortunately this has his drawbacks too:

-You still have the old intel 1994 drivers

-Switching back and forth between cards only works one time. Example: I can go from nvidia to intel but not back. Same way around. Restart is needed for proper functionality again.

- Apparently when on intel gpu the nvidia gpu does not switch off.

This worked for me. I hope this also works for others who are interested in having the latest drivers installed for their nvidia gpu. Let me know if someone else was able to do this!

Hi man im trying to do this in my ul50vt but still doesnt work im getting the wrong hardware msg :S i have disabled the intel video card first but still i get this msg, did u have a clean version of windows? maybe its not working for me because i have the windows version that came with the laptop,

hope someone can help me im getting frustrated :(

Hi man im trying to do this in my ul50vt but still doesnt work im getting the wrong hardware msg :S i have disabled the intel video card first but still i get this msg, did u have a clean version of windows? maybe its not working for me because i have the windows version that came with the laptop,

hope someone can help me im getting frustrated :(

I didnt perform a clean install. My laptop came with windows 7 home premium but some time later I installed windows 7 ultimate. I had the v189 drivers installed the one's provided by Asus. I just enabled the nvidia gpu and disabled the intel gpu from the device manager. Did you selected performance mode in power4gear?. As far as I remember some people had success other didn't :S . Hopefully you are missing a step and can get it to work !

Guest Abraham

I didnt perform a clean install. My laptop came with windows 7 home premium but some time later I installed windows 7 ultimate. I had the v189 drivers installed the one's provided by Asus. I just enabled the nvidia gpu and disabled the intel gpu from the device manager. Did you selected performance mode in power4gear?. As far as I remember some people had success other didn't :S . Hopefully you are missing a step and can get it to work !

Im about to perform a clean instal for windows home premium and make a test i will give the results in a few hours thx for the advice cause this thing its driving me nuts for months :S

Guest Abraham

Ive made the test for ul50vt i made a clean windows home premium 64 instalation i installed the drivers from the pc that are on asus webpage, after that i restarted the pc and went to device manager and disabled the intel gpu then tried to instal the new 285.62 and still getting the hardware error :S

note: i installed a driver thats a folder with name VGA_Patch_UL50 on it inside it has a program called RemoveDevice i think maybe this thing was the one that didnt let me upgrade the nvidia card drivers im gonna make a second test and see if it works now i hope it does plz if someone notice im doing something wrong let me know it.

Guest Dimitrios

So, are these drivers better than hybrid? I get black screen constantly with hybrid and I'm really frustrated about this! Could Optimus drivers work on my 64-bit system? FS Amilo Xi3650 9600GT.

Also, Intel's site links are dead.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been fiddling with the new 285.62 drivers and Optimus, and have managed to use the latest Intel drivers and 285.62 succesfully but with some issues.

It successfully kicks in the GPU on applications that are specified to use the GPU.

It however doesn't allow it for media players nor flash when playing video (that worked with the 270.xx drivers)

Id does switch from D3 to D0 when playing starcraft, and goes back to D3 when closing starcraft. However I don't know if it powers down correctly.

When using my docking station for my z12 and have the 2nd monitor connected to VGA (the only one that works) I can't get picture when booting, because both screens are black. If the 2nd monitor is connected the the VGA directly in the computer, it does work. I had the same issue with the 270.xx drivers. I think it's a multiplexer problem, I think it believes that the monitor is connected, but can't output to it. If I get a picture and log in, I can then dock it and connect the screen to the VGA on the docking station.

• 10 years later...

Will the Nvidia GPU automatically switch on 3D apps/games or I have to configure each under the Nvidia Control PanelĀ techzpod download mobdro

Edited by sayazop

Principally yes - but sometimes it fails. On older software I'd say.