LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Optimus on Hybrid Graphics

Nautis1100

I got Dell vostro 3700

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_044F1028&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_044F1028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&CC_0300

this is the hardware id, any way you can put that in the inf or it is totally not supported? thank you very much

If the master set is suppose to work and can someone show me a little bit how to get them to work. thanks.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anytimer

• Idontknow12

• Nautis1100

• Madswk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest poonjab2010

Would it be possible for someone to post the modded inf for new nVidia 270.61 WHQL drivers, preferably for the UL80VT, pretty please? :)

Guest poonjab2010

Would it be possible for someone to post the modded inf for new nVidia 270.61 WHQL drivers, preferably for the UL80VT, pretty please? :)

Sorry, meant :-) not "rofl".

I'll try and do it later today along with the other PCI-ID's people have been listing (didn't realize WHQL was out).

When GPU is off, the energy state is D3 (off). If I disable the card, energy consuption is still ~18W.

Don't know, I've read somewhere that normal hybrid drivers sometimes deactivate the complete graphics port. With normal hybrid drivers, the nvidia GPU doesn't even show in device manager.

Exactly - when default hybrid drivers are powering down nvidia part - it just dissapears from device manager... I am able to go down to ~6,5 - 7 Watt on default hybrid, and with those i am not able to get below 12W... ... so it still does not make sense for me - as i bought this exact laptop to get maximum juice out of battery - so 12W power consumption kinda sucks

Attached is a update INF against 270.61. If you hava a Gefore 210m (UL80,UL50,UL30) the PCI-ID's are included. I have also added Dell vostro 3700 (YMMV it hasn't been tested if it does something wrong can some one upload their INF from the nvidia drviers). Acer Aspire 4750g is a real optimus notebook I added the ID for it (based on the 540M already in the driver). Also Acer TravelMate 8572G (YMMV hopefully its done correctly)

Updated now with correct INF.

nvam.inf

Edited by Idontknow12

Guest ajtes

Idontknow, I couldnt get the nVidia installer to run after placing in your modded INF. It said that required files were missing. Looked at both INF files to see if there was any problem and it looks like the one you uploaded is for Windows Vista/ Windows 7 32bit. Any chance of a 64bit INF, or what needs changed in the INF to accomodate 64bit? This is for UL80VT. Thanks for your work!

Idontknow, I couldnt get the nVidia installer to run after placing in your modded INF. It said that required files were missing. Looked at both INF files to see if there was any problem and it looks like the one you uploaded is for Windows Vista/ Windows 7 32bit. Any chance of a 64bit INF, or what needs changed in the INF to accomodate 64bit? This is for UL80VT. Thanks for your work!

EDIT: DOH INF was for 32-bit downloaded wrong drivers :)

Edited by Idontknow12

Sorry about that I uploaded the right INF. Works here on UL80VT

I am going to try to tonight and will report back with the vs3700 driver. thank you very much for mod it

EDIT: DOH INF was for 32-bit downloaded wrong drivers :)

first of all, thank you for the modded inf, I was able to install the nvidia driver and now I see two icon in my taskbar, but only the intel one is using right now, I can make the switch?

sorry for the noob question

There is no option on Dell bios to change.

NVM, i think I found the answer on the first page, thank you very much everyone on making this possible for me. (our dell user.) you don't know how long I have been trying to search for an answer

Edited by dnsmo

Updated the post above with instructions and INF and screenshots.

thank you very much for the possible creation of this, works like a charm for my Dell now. wow,

Attached is a update INF against 270.61. If you hava a Gefore 210m (UL80,UL50,UL30) the PCI-ID's are included. I have also added Dell vostro 3700 (YMMV it hasn't been tested if it does something wrong can some one upload their INF from the nvidia drviers). Acer Aspire 4750g is a real optimus notebook I added the ID for it (based on the 540M already in the driver). Also Acer TravelMate 8572G (YMMV hopefully its done correctly)

Updated now with correct INF.

We appreciate your work on the custom .inf, I don't know if other ul50vt users uses this .inf but I've noticed that some particular device id's doesn't exists in the driver's .inf although the GPU model (in this case g210) is the same. Some device id's look very much alike but still I had to modify the device id a tiny bit. Original line: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A74.01% = Section049, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_12A21043

modified line: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A74.01% = Section049, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043

My point is that some people may get an error when installing the driver, because the right files can't be found for that particularly device. I know that most of the devices is listed correct and match, but that's not always the case. People who aren't sure can look in the 'ListDevices.txt' file and look for their device id.

Edited by Madswk

thanks for the support. When i have the beta driver and want to update the WHQL driver, i can use the modded inf file, right?

I guess the procedure is to deinstall the nvidia beta driver, use driversweeper to clean all nvidia entrys and install the WHQL driver, right? No need to deinstall and install the intel driver?

thanks in advance,

John

We appreciate your work on the custom .inf, I don't know if other ul50vt users uses this .inf but I've noticed that some particular device id's doesn't exists in the driver's .inf although the GPU model (in this case g210) is the same. Some device id's look very much alike but still I had to modify the device id a tiny bit. Original line: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A74.01% = Section049, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_12A21043

modified line: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A74.01% = Section049, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043

My point is that some people may get an error when installing the driver, because the right files can't be found for that particularly device. I know that most of the devices is listed correct and match, but that's not always the case. People who aren't sure can look in the 'ListDevices.txt' file and look for their device id.

I'll update the INF to include the ID. Yes its not perfect because there too many models to consider I only listed the ones in this thread I might have missed some since there are many variants of the same notebook..

thanks for the support. When i have the beta driver and want to update the WHQL driver, i can use the modded inf file, right?

I guess the procedure is to deinstall the nvidia beta driver, use driversweeper to clean all nvidia entrys and install the WHQL driver, right? No need to deinstall and install the intel driver?

thanks in advance,

John

You can use the clean install option in the nVidia driver I didn't use driversweeper.

I'll update the INF to include the ID. Yes its not perfect because there too many models to consider I only listed the ones in this thread I might have missed some since there are many variants of the same notebook..

You can use the clean install option in the nVidia driver I didn't use driversweeper.

do you think you can mod the inf for 32-bit win7 also? or they are the same?

Guest johndoe

I have successfully installed the latest optimus driver! many thanks!

any idea how to overclock??? as on desktop overclocking programs as msi conbustor only detects integrated graphics?

Will try the WHQL drivers on Acer 8572G later some time, might be a week or two :)

But thanks, will give you feedback :)

having trouble playing with 1080p films (mkv or f4v files) on my ul50vt with the new driver and vlcplayer.

i have added the vlc player to the list, which starts with nvida gpu but still have the problems. the films dont play fluently.

have somebody an idea why?

thanks.

John

Guest Belch

Did you check the "Use GPU acceleration" in VLC preferences ?

Tools/Preferences/Input&Codecs/Use GPU aceleration (experimental)

It's unchecked by default

Did you check the "Use GPU acceleration" in VLC preferences ?

Tools/Preferences/Input&Codecs/Use GPU aceleration (experimental)

It's unchecked by default

that's it! thanks alot. works like a charm

Hi,

I have just recently installed the 267.76 Nvidia driver on my Asus UL50VT. I had to modify the inf to make it work but in the end it worked flawlessly.

After having measured the energy consumption I have switched back to the Asus Hybrid driver, since it consumes less energy than the Optimus driver combo.

Optimus:

>= 12W (IGP)

>= 15W! (IGP) with Nvidia card disabled in device manager

Hybrid:

>= 6,5W (IGP)

In the near future I will test the Nautis 2xx Hybrid driver to see if there are any differences :)

Guest jishi

Has anyone managed to get the discrete GPU to power up (D0) when using webgl demos in the browser?

On my machine (VPC-Z12, GT 330M) it doesn't power up from webgl nor flash video, it remains in D3 state. Not a big problem, but I read this article:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/enable-hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-10-firefox-4

That it was supposed to be fixed in newer version of Verde driver. Does it work for any of you in any browser?