LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Optimus

mobilenvidia

For the folk that are not sure and have not visited NVIDIA's website to see what this is:

GREAT BATTERY LIFE AND GREAT PERFORMANCE. IT’S THAT SIMPLE.

NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology intelligently optimizes your notebook PC, providing the outstanding graphics performance you need, when you need it, all the while extending battery life for longer enjoyment.

Key Benefits:

Optimus technology is completely automatic allowing you to experience longer battery life and amazing visuals without having to manually change settings.

Behind the scenes and with no interference to what you’re doing, Optimus seamlessly figures out how to best optimize your notebook computing experience.

NVIDIA graphics you’ve come to expect, with more than 10x better performance¹ with NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology, allowing you to enjoy your applications and games without interruption or worry.

¹ GeForce G210M compared to Intel Integrated GM45

Additional Info

• 4 months later...

Uhm... I've been wondering about this features..

What are the features of this Optimus?

Intel GMA HD switch? (on i3, i5 processor)

or just simply lower the core clock and memory clock when the graphic card is not used optimally?

Edited by ivan_bdm

Guest viorel

sal.am si eu o intrebare ###### pot face si eu upgrade de BIOS la un acer aspire 5715z? am versiunea 1.29 iar ultima aparuta pt tipul meu de laptop e 1.45.nu am facut niciodata acest lucru si am inteles ca e periculos si de aceia as dori un turial foarte bine explicit daca se poate. trimiteti va rog la serban_viorel_1986@yahoo.com. multumesc anticipat.

• 5 months later...

For the folk that are not sure and have not visited NVIDIA's website to see what this is:

Is there anyway to enable optimus tec. under Vista.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sone