LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v197.16 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

artefacts problem with my toshiba X200-21E laptop, :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mihael

• zipper

• Prism1029

• Schmagagled

Fair enough. After doing more research (finding things others probably already know), I have the NVCV.inf file that was loaded at the plant for the 188.30 drivers I'm running now. (Sager 8690 with GTX 285M).

How would I just use the NVCV.inf file settings from the version I'm running now with the 197.16 version?

Or is it easier to take the hardware string and just incorporate that into the INF that Nvidia provides? (And which INF do I need to put the hardware string in?)

Thanks,

S.

Find the GTX285m card in org inf from 197.16 and replace the hardware string with yours. That should be enough.

Guest Guest

Let me ask a noob question here.

I DL'd these drivers from Nvidia specifically because they said it supported my GTX 285M.

They didn't install because of the 'no compatible hardware' usual nonsense.

In the .inf you posted above I looked for my hardware ID and although the first part '060F' is right the subsystem isn't in the list.

My hardware string is "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060F&SUBSYS_86871558&REV_A2" and the next line down is "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060F&SUBSYS_86871558"

Can ANYBODY tell me why my video card isn't in the list of compatible devices even though the GTX 285M is supposed to be supported.

This is crazy!

Thanks for your patience...

S.

To get 197.16 to work, download the modified.inf from the 197.25 Drivers and copy that over and it will install. Your hardware ID is not there because (the theory) a few GTX 285M's that were released at different times have slightly different hardware ID's. Some of the earlier batches ID's differ to the older ones.

To get 197.16 to work, download the modified.inf from the 197.25 Drivers and copy that over and it will install. Your hardware ID is not there because (the theory) a few GTX 285M's that were released at different times have slightly different hardware ID's. Some of the earlier batches ID's differ to the older ones.

Okay, I've read through several posts on this topic as well as the Kobalt site where a great many people are having the same issue with the GTX 285M having the same hardware ID that my machine does (DEV_060F&SUBSYS_86871558).

Having said that, in one of the posts I read somebody said that they had to edit 4 different .inf files and then it installed fine.

For all you .inf guys out there, which 4 .infs would be the ones referred to.

I've had a look at the 'additional infs' zip file at the oem files in there (Sager/Clevo is NVCV.inf from what I've read here). Do I just edit that one to put my hardware string in place of one of the other GTX 285Ms that are in there and copy the NVCV.inf into the setup directory or is there more to this than that?

Thanks,

S.

Hmm... My WEI score went from 6.5 (graphics & desktop w/the ForceWare drivers from Apple's Boot Camp 3.1 update) to 6.2 (graphics & desktop w/the ForceWare 197.16 drivers from this thread). I haven't played any games, so I don't know if there is an actual decrease in performance.

Is the driver package here (without the modified inf) different from nVidia's copy? I tried installing with these without the inf and got a "your card is not supported" error, then had brightness problems with the inf, but when I installed the drivers straight from nVidia's site, they installed, no problem, no modified inf needed.

Is the driver package here (without the modified inf) different from nVidia's copy? I tried installing with these without the inf and got a "your card is not supported" error, then had brightness problems with the inf, but when I installed the drivers straight from nVidia's site, they installed, no problem, no modified inf needed.

They don't have all infs provided by nVidia. Driver is the same.

For Asus: zipped additional infs pack, nvam.inf, contains your card: [DEV_0618&SUBSYS_202B1043] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M.

The driver is the same. I'm running just this driver atm, is a little faster than default 195.62.

Very solid drivers - No artifacts, no overheats, no blue screens, no problems whatsoever - Furthermore, I experienced a noticeable increase in framerate in a number of games, I noticed a massive improvement in the performance of Command and Conquer 3 over my 18xx series drivers. Am using an 8600m GT.

i have brightness problem with this driver and inf on my acer 7738G with gt 130 m. solutions?? sorry for my english i'm italian :)!

Install driver directly from nVidia

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_x64_197.16_whql.html

hope it helps :)

When i try to install this driver without modded inf i got a "your card is not supported" error. i tried to install original driver with modded inf and BRIGHTNESS CONTROL doesn't work :)! with 195.62 dox driver all work perfectly. sorry for my english!!!

Edited by Gesuardo_87

When i try to install this driver without modded inf i got a "your card is not supported" error. i tried to install original driver with modded inf and BRIGHTNESS CONTROL doesn't work :)! with 195.62 dox driver all work perfectly. sorry for my english!!!

Hi, you could try accessing brightness control by pressing the windows key + X, which should bring up a panel that allows you to control lots of things, brightness should be one of them.

Guest frenchviking

I have a problem with my SLI in Supreme Commander

sliq.jpg

As you can see, when I launch the game, the second video controller is going like idle... whereas SLI is activated. It's like it's going through the 4 power state of the card. WTF ?!

I tried to use nVidia System tools to create profile or even to force SLI in the game profile, same thing.

Any ideas ?

Hey guys..I'm not too much of an expert with this stuff so excuse me if this question is dumb in any way. When I install this driver using the have disk method with the modified .inf it gives like four different selectable 9800m gts's on the card selection list. No matter which card I choose it tells me that it's unable to install the control panel and automatically rolls back to the last driver. Any solutions?

Oh yeah, and my system =

Sager NP5793

Nvidia 9800m GTS

T9300 2.53ghz

Windows Vista Home Premium64

hi there! i'm glad i found this forum because i'm really desperate in finding a solution to my problem. Just a brief history of my concern. I have a sony vaio vgn-ar750e laptop that came with vista home edition 32bit. I recently upgaded to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit since my specs are compliant with the requirements. after the upgrade, my Fn Keys, S1 S2 button, AV mode button are not working anymore except for the mute button.

therefore i cannot adjust the brightness using Fn key buttons.

I have a nvidia geforce 8600M gt driver. I dont see it in my system, only standard vga.

i tried downloading the driver from nvidia site with no luck.

i downloaded the driver on ur website with moded inf replaced but still unsuccesful with an error measage like "not compatible with this version of windows" although i chose the windows 7 64bit for nvidia geforce 8600m gt.

...im really frustated since sony support for 7 upgrade is not good at all.

...i tried the "have disk method" & "setup method" with the same error msg.

..i really want to solve all my issues. kindly help me and i will really appreciate everything.

thanks in advance!

hi there! i'm glad i found this forum because i'm really desperate in finding a solution to my problem. Just a brief history of my concern. I have a sony vaio vgn-ar750e laptop that came with vista home edition 32bit. I recently upgaded to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit since my specs are compliant with the requirements. after the upgrade, my Fn Keys, S1 S2 button, AV mode button are not working anymore except for the mute button.

I have a nvidia geforce 8600M gt driver. I dont see it in my system, only standard vga.

i downloaded the driver on ur website with moded inf replaced but still unsuccesful with an error measage like "not compatible with this version of windows" although i chose the windows 7 64bit for nvidia geforce 8600m gt.

..i really want to solve all my issues. kindly help me and i will really appreciate everything.

thanks in advance!

Ouch... I think you may have to do a clean install of Windows 7. That will probably rectify a majority of those broken problems.

thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm not so sure that it's a problem with your Windows 7 installation. More than likely the problem stems from the fact that you're not using the oem drivers that came with your laptop for your graphics card. Sony laptops are notorious in my experience for being finicky about which drivers they use - I think NVidia even go as far to say that their latest notebook drivers do not support Sony laptops (I may be wrong on this one, check the NVidia website if you like). Having said that you should be able to install any of the latest graphics drivers with a suitable modified inf file, like the one you can find on here. (Although you may have problems with some hot keys not working properly)

You could try modding your own inf file & installing. You just need to know the hardware string ident that is applicable to your graphics card. Then you insert that into the inf file - usually in 3 different places. You choose which 'sections' to add based on a similar graphics card to your own.

All of this could well be Greek to you, but you would go a long way to understand it if you take a look at the inf file in the download to see how it's constructed. (There may well be a thread on this site that describes how to modify your own inf file?).

Good luck!

Hey everyone I'm having a problem with my Geforce 9800M GTS video card. Ever since I upgraded to windows 7 Home, I've been having problems with video freezing, display crashing (display driver has stopped working). I have tried many different drivers (Windows Update drivers, Nvidia Drivers, LaptopVideo2Go drivers with modified inf). Some of them work for while, but then its the same, computer freezes watching video (windows media player, VLC, Hulu, etc.) Sometimes the screen gets choppy and the display driver stops working while doing simple stuff like opening firefox or writing in word. I need help can anyone tell me what should I do??? My laptop is a Gateway P-7805u FX

Thanks in advanced,

Guest HoSaRa

Hello,

can somone tell me if this drivers works also for an Toshiba x300-14O ? I have a SLI System with two 9800M GTS (hybrit-grafik 9400 onboard.

I downloaded some older drivers directly from NVIDIA (i think from the 186series) and they worked fine. But thats

now 5 month ago and i want to update my drivers.

All newer drivers from NVIDIA gives me the "not for your hardware... contact the producer..." msg.

The funny thing is that this model of Notebook (comes out march 2009) seems not to be supported from Toshiba any

longer. I dont find any information about it.

There are some drivers on the Toshiba Support Site but the VGA Drivers only support the onboard grafik (Gforce 9400, which sux)

ATM everything works "finde" but i think that there will be newer features in Games which wont be supportet from the old drivers

i have installed now.

Greetings

HoSaRa

Guest CUDA enthusiast

Works great on my Sony VAIO VPCCW17FD with a G210M running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Now all the NVIDIA CUDA 3.0 SDK code samples run perfectly. Thanks very much.

Guest HoSaRa

Is there realy nobody with an 9800M GTS SLI System with hybrit grafic who can tell me if this driver will work for the SLI system ?

I relay need some new drivers soon. The actual 186.xy divers i have installed now are several month old.

Greetings

HoSaRa

Does anyone have problem with digital vibrance setting not saving with this driver? Everytime I come out of sleep my digital vibrance is back at 50% even though i changed and applied it. I haven't tried changing any other settings to see if its a overall problem. But driver was clean installed and games and everything else seems fine.

Guest Jet Pixel

Is there realy nobody with an 9800M GTS SLI System with hybrit grafic who can tell me if this driver will work for the SLI system ?

I relay need some new drivers soon. The actual 186.xy divers i have installed now are several month old.

Greetings

HoSaRa

Try driver 186.81, buddy

I've always got problems with other drivers on my lap

Guest HoSaRa

Try driver 186.81, buddy

I've always got problems with other drivers on my lap

This are exactly the drivers I use atm. And thats the problem. I cant use this forever.

New games will have new features and to have older drivers will mostly results in grafical artefacts

or some other problems.

Greetings

HoSaRa