LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v197.16 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

Guest jef3189

I don't mean to dredge up old posts or reply to stickies, but I'm pretty desperate for a solution here. I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model FZ190E. The graphics card i believe is an Nvidia Geforce 8400M GT, but damn Windows 7 won't even tell me. All that shows up is "Standard VGA". I'm fairly certain that it is an 8400M GT though.

So... according to sticky on page 1 of this thread, nvmt.inf should contain the proper code for my graphics card, however nothing I do will get rid of this error:

w7nvidiaerror.jpg

I really need the proper drivers. I can't run dual monitor, VLC looks really funky trying to play movies etc. How can I get these drivers installed? I can modify .inf files or whatever, I'm just not the most knowledgeable about these specific driver issues.

Please help, you have no idea how much I appreciate any help on this, Thanks!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mihael

• zipper

• Prism1029

• Schmagagled

I don't mean to dredge up old posts or reply to stickies, but I'm pretty desperate for a solution here. I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model FZ190E. The graphics card i believe is an Nvidia Geforce 8400M GT, but damn Windows 7 won't even tell me. All that shows up is "Standard VGA". I'm fairly certain that it is an 8400M GT though.

So... according to sticky on page 1 of this thread, nvmt.inf should contain the proper code for my graphics card, however nothing I do will get rid of this error:

w7nvidiaerror.jpg

I really need the proper drivers. I can't run dual monitor, VLC looks really funky trying to play movies etc. How can I get these drivers installed? I can modify .inf files or whatever, I'm just not the most knowledgeable about these specific driver issues.

Please help, you have no idea how much I appreciate any help on this, Thanks!

So you are saying that when you go to Device Manager and click on Display adapter, that it only shows Standard VGA device? Then you don't have a properly installed driver at the moment anyway.

You are correct that the nvmt.inf is the one for your 8400M GT. Try the have disc method? But first, right-click on the Display Adapter in Device Manager and click on Scan for Hardware Changes. See if this automatically installs a driver for you. It will install latest available on your hard drive, if there is one, or if not, will search online for one.

If this doesn't work (assuming that you have already tried a 'setup' type install from the driver), try a have disc install, again for the Standard VGA Adapter in device manager (right-click, update driver, follow the directions, ppoint to the destination of your nvmt.inf in the driver folder)

Hope any of this helps.

Edited by hovercraftdriver

Guest darkens~~
originally posted by: Guest_Guest_Gesuardo87_*

i have brightness problem with this driver and inf on my acer 7738G with gt 130 m. solutions?? sorry for my english i'm italian :)!

i have this issue also, i have tried downgrading to 186.81 but after that, the color and contrast of my desktop and folders seem to went haywire, it became so bright that my microsoft security essential icon turned from dark green to light green.

Guest Vitek R

Hi all. Did anyone notice a few resolutions unavailable with these drivers? Went from 197.45 (I think, it was 197 series, though ive used several drivers on this machine from LV2G with no issue) Im running a sager 9262 with a 9800m gt and these drivers did not have several of the resolutions im used to using in games. Most notably, 1440x900. Native res of 1680x1050 works fine though. I added 1440x900 via the NV control panel custom resolutions and it seems to work fine, I just find it curios. Does adding a resolution in that method have any side effects? I have never had to do so, so I just want to make sure its not doing something funky with the scaling or something.

Wanted to let people know and see if anyone else noticed this. I haven't benchmarked these but they seem to be just peachy and everything else seems to be working well.

Right click the link and save as..., browse to where you want to save it and done.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest formalhaut

Hey everyone I'm having a problem with my Geforce 9800M GTS video card. Ever since I upgraded to windows 7 Home, I've been having problems with video freezing, display crashing (display driver has stopped working). I have tried many different drivers (Windows Update drivers, Nvidia Drivers, LaptopVideo2Go drivers with modified inf). Some of them work for while, but then its the same, computer freezes watching video (windows media player, VLC, Hulu, etc.) Sometimes the screen gets choppy and the display driver stops working while doing simple stuff like opening firefox or writing in word. I need help can anyone tell me what should I do??? My laptop is a Gateway P-7805u FX

Thanks in advanced,

I am having almost this exact problem. Same computer as this guy, upgrade to windows seven. Running 197.16 right now, but I get the same choppy screen then crash, or just the screen goes blank then recovers saying the video stopped responding then recovered. Is there a better driver some one can point me to? would like totally clearing the driver and then re-installing help(last install of driver was kind of sloppy)?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...