LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem updating drivers for Clevo m570tu notebook (9800M GTS)

begedinnikola

I use windows 7 on the above mentioned laptop and i have trouble updating drivers for a long time now. The only driver version that seems to be working for me is 174.90. Any version that i try to install after that one makes my laptop unable to get past the welcome screen. That is, i get a black screen instead of the welcome screen and nothing works. For a while on the black screen i get hard drive activity (the light indicator is flickering), but after about 30 seconds, that stops to. All i can do then is reboot in safe mode and remove the new drivers. Additionally, or rare occasions i cant boot to safe mode at first either and i literally get stuck at the welcome screen (but this time the welcome screen displays). Luckily, the safe mode problem is fixed with a restart.

Problem is, the drivers that i can use (174.90) are quirky at best, and on those extremely rare occasions that i manage to boot with never drivers once (but never more than once successfully) my gaming performance is nearly doubled.

Any ideas on how i could fix this? I tried scrubbing my old drivers, tried almost every driver version from 174.90 to the current, be it official nvidia or the ones that i can get here, but nothing seems to work.

My Hardware Ids: PCI\VEN_10DE & DEV_0628 & SUBSYS_04811558 & REV_A1

I'm using Win7 x64

Not sure if i should post any logs. I read the sticky, but its really old, and the N.E.R.D. thing doesn't work. If any additional info is required, i will be happy to provide it.

EDIT: Something to add! I completely forgot that the other iterations of the 17X.XX drivers didn't have a boot problem, but a different issue. They would cause the DPC Latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to skyrocket which would cause audio and video to stutter to the point of being unplayable. This is reduced to a degree by me disabling my wireless adapter, but it would still exist. That being said, i just managed to install the official 197.16 drivers and, while the boot problem is finally gone, this old issue is back again.

Edited by begedinnikola

Guest firepower

i have the exact same fault with Clevo m570tu notebook (9800M GT)

am using 195.62 any of the 197 series gives me BSOD on welcome screen too

error is with Nvidia kernel mode driver

nvlddmkm.sys

nvlddmkm.dll

even after clean load of W& 64bit , could still not load 197.16 whql driver

never had issue before with drivers , regularly updated them , but latest one just dont want to load.

there are bios updates for the Clevo m570tu which may allow you to use later drivers.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=416916

I have downloaded the latest BIOS files and successfully updated my system. It seems one of the fixes is related to my graphics card, so I'm downloading the latest drivers at the moment and will try them out later.

I will keep this post updated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mindphlux

I have downloaded the latest BIOS files and successfully updated my system. It seems one of the fixes is related to my graphics card, so I'm downloading the latest drivers at the moment and will try them out later.

I will keep this post updated.

Did this help you?

I have a m860tu, also with a 9800m, and I get the same bluescreen error, same nvidia files listed.

any hope?

• 2 months later...
Guest begedinnikola

Did this help you?

I have a m860tu, also with a 9800m, and I get the same bluescreen error, same nvidia files listed.

any hope?

Sorry, no, it did not, i still have the same problem, even with the latest drivers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Alienwarez

Hi ya, I have started getting this exact same problem however mine is ALOT worse. M570TU / Latest BIOS / 9800M GT and I get a really bizarre white screen that is like the invertor has gone on the screen. I am able to boot to ONLY safe mode with command and nothing else, the windows splash screen comes up then dissapears when the computer tries to go any further than that. I get the funny white screen. This has all happened after a windows update and updating flash and also updating to windows live essentials mail 2011. This and the fact that I soon after got a "your video kernel has crashed and recovered" message in windows.

Does anyone have Any idea as to the problem?

Thank you