LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7400 trying to get away from the VAIO drivers

Tizerak

# Laptop Make/Model = Sony Vaio / VGN-AR320E

# Graphics Card -- Device ID (DEV_ID) if known = GeForce Go 7400 -- 01D8

# Current working Driver Version = 7.15.10.9813

# Operating System = Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

# An accurate description of the issue at hand:

I'll link the 2 other posts I've made at NVIDIA / Blizzard which sum up the current problem:

1. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=165204&st=0&gopid=1033351entry1033351

2. http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24038448041&sid=3000

I'll admit my hardware/software knowledge is pretty just general and it just feels a little overwhelming looking around this site and just being like "what the heck?", but I like learning this stuff and follow directions pretty well so. I tried using the search function but it kept not finding anything even if I just typed "7400" even though I know I've seen my device in some of the driver details.

I'm just looking for a good performance driver that can replace this old dated one from Sony's support page which is dated to 2007, so I can join the few the proud the Star Craft 2 beta testers and at least get into the game heh.

you can install any driver off this site if you use the modded inf

just download the driver you want, download the modded inf from the link provided, copy the inf into the driver folder and replace and then install

also see for more detailed directions if you need help

you can install any driver off this site if you use the modded inf

just download the driver you want, download the modded inf from the link provided, copy the inf into the driver folder and replace and then install

also see for more detailed directions if you need help

Well I ended up finally kinda figuring it out which one to use by getting the ID of my card then using the search function to find the latest driver which was 179.60ish? But you say, and I've read, something about being able to use any driver, but doesn't my card have to be in the list for it to work? Like how would a desktop driver work for my laptop one?

Also the driver I downloaded did enable me to finally play SC2 beta but the screen shakes up in down all the time in Fullscreen mode (the less laggy mode) so I have to use Windowed mode (more laggy) to get rid of the shaking.

the modded inf takes care of your card not being on the list, allowing you to install a driver that doesn't have your card as listed

so you could download the latest desktop driver and use the modded inf and it would install and work fine on your system

the modded inf takes care of your card not being on the list, allowing you to install a driver that doesn't have your card as listed

so you could download the latest desktop driver and use the modded inf and it would install and work fine on your system

Well.. that didn't work I tried installing 195.55 with the modded .inf and I got the "The NVIDA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Well.. that didn't work I tried installing 195.55 with the modded .inf and I got the "The NVIDA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

anyone know why this may be the case?

anyone know why this may be the case?

Well I just tried 197.16 and got it to load manually but still having the same problem of the screen shaking when in Fullscreen mode in a game and I really need to get rid of it.

I don't know what to do, If I uninstall the driver and reboot Vista auto installs w/e the hell it wants so the only thing I can do is either just install over it or uinstall but not reboot and just install the driver.