LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

zipper

New drivers won't be tried until NVidia fixes their VGA out bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• tribaljet

• Takezo

• Aura

Top Posters In This Topic

257.41 WHQL tried - external VGA works again but performance is bad with older benchmarks.

• 2 weeks later...

259.31 tried with modified inf. No problems found. Among the fastest drivers - but still loses a little to 197.85

• 3 weeks later...

259.47 WHQL tried. No problems found, a decent performer but nothing special.

• 2 weeks later...

260.52 tried with modified inf. No problems found, pretty good benchmarks with a new record on 3DMark06.

260.63 beta tried. No OpenCL for me. Very disappointing, miserable benchmarks among the latest drivers. Back to 260.52.

• 1 month later...

260.89 WHQL tried. No OpenCL for me. Still more disappointing, miserable benchmarks among the latest drivers. Back to 260.52.

Now 260.99 WHQL - seems to be direct descendant as performance is almost identical to the crappy 260.89. No OpenCL. But install problems are away for me.

261.00 tried with the fixed modified inf - no problems. Back to good benchmarks but not the best.

• 2 weeks later...

262.99 tried with the modified inf - no problems. Pretty identical to 261.00.

263.06 dev driver tried - pretty promising, among the fastest drivers; I added my card into the desktop inf. No problems.

• 2 weeks later...

265.90 with modified inf tried. Nothing special, a little worse benchmarks than the predecessors.

OK, had turbo off; with turbo on the results are among the best but not quite the fastest.

What's Turbo? Is that some kind of O/C?

This is a quad CPU so it does following speeds: 1.6GHz base/1.73GHz 4 cores/2.4GHz 2 cores/2.8GHz 1 core

With Asus software it can be forced to 2 cores or 1 core (I think, never confirmed).

• 4 weeks later...

263.14 desktop tried, added my card into the inf. No problems found (except the 3D driver is older than in 265.90). A good performer, among the top 5.

266.44 desktop with modified inf tried. No problems. A little slower but still a good benchmarker.

• 3 weeks later...

266.58 WHQL tried with miserable results - and brief Vantage test with 265.96, similar result. Went quickly to 263.14 and got the performance back.

• 5 weeks later...

266.87 tried with modified inf. Good results, no problems.

I have mine set to 592/974/1479 I've been using EVGA Precision to oc. Getting around 61 to 60 idle and 80 to 81 load with a case mod that I did. Here is the link to the photos of that. Also removed the stock processor and added a T9550 used setfsb and runs at 3.1 here is the link to that also All in all the GTX260M is a great GPU Alien Ware is still selling them in the new units as of today 2/22/11 but too expensive lol. I bought my G60VX for 625 at tiger direct

My G51 can't tolerate as high clocks - get stuck benchmarks at about 550/950/1375. But if I need more punch - it's time for upgrading...Perhaps 5xx Mobile card next?

266.86 Asus WHQL tried - very unimpressive results, one of the worst performers lately - I wonder, much slower than preceeding Asus drivers.

267.24 Verde beta driver tried. No problems but just another lousy driver for older hardware. Getting irritated when compared for instance to 263.xx drivers.

267.31 Desktop with modified inf tried - much better than 267.24. No problems found.

• 3 weeks later...

270.28 with original inf tried - a good candidate for the worst benchmarker ever. Vantage did the all times low. For the drawing board, please. OpenCL seems not to work according to GPU-Z.

267.76 Verde WHQL tried. Surprise, surprise - it's about equally crappy as 270.28 - even OpenCL doesn't work.