LaptopVideo2Go Forums

how to force FPS?

savagechoosen

Hello,

I'm trying to force a game to 60 FPS. When I use FRAPS on it to see the FPS it displays 10 FPS (ooold game). How would I go about that? Is there a tweak or overclocking program I can use to force the game to run at 60 FPS?

I use a quadro fx 3700M AND NO I do not use this card for gaming. It is just some wasting time kinda thing.

If I am in the wrong forum please send me to the right one :)

What game are you trying to play?

Maybe I'm missing something, but usually your video card/computer will run as fast as it can and isnt limited by anything unless you use vsync which usually caps your maximum fps to 60. It could be that your computer can't handle the game? Make sure your power settings are set to high performance and not power saver. You could be running way out of date drivers.

If everythings normal, i dont think you can go from 10 to 60 fps without getting new hardware.

everythings up to date and my requirements are met 100 fold

game is called ultima online. trying to find a way to speed it up. I have a program that will take the fps in fraps from 10 to 20 but since i didnt program it i don't have a clue how it works.

i heard from someone else there was a way to force the game to run faster fps through ati catalyst. but the only thing i could find is override refresh rate to 75 hz or higher and that won't work on my LCD. game just dies and thats that.

i might just be asking in the wrong area thought i might give it a try since i got that kind of intel from somebody.

with an online game, your CPU might be causing the game to lag if it is not up to par to handle the load of the game, thus decreasing your FPS

like i said i meet the requirements 100 fold.. the game is not lagging ..im trying to accelerate the game somehow and wondering if it can be done via the grafikscard.

my system:

3ghz quadcore

4gb ram

quadro fx 3700M

os xp x64

...i can run pretty much anygame at the highest resolution no problem with that card.

like i said this game is ooooold. like really old. 1997 kinda old. ultima online.

if you know a way to accelerate a game from 10 fps (10 fps being the standard at which the game runs) to 60 fps let me know otherthan that don't tell me my system is the problem because its NOT.

I apologize if I offended you, but you saying that it runs at 10 FPS is really a low FPS count so I assumed that your system was having problems with it. As for accelerating the game, you could turn down in game settings, but that would be about it without overclocking your gfx card with Rivatuner (if you can)

Hey,

have you asked about that issue in ultima forums? There people might know more.

And do I get it right (correct me if I'm wrong cause I've never played ultima) this game runs @10fps always - on every computer? or only this framerate issue is connected with your

system? If it's the first case you may try browsing trough config files of the game to change some settings responsible for it, but I'd say it's hardcoded and might be even impossible to change. On the other hand, if it is the second situation I have no idea (apart of the differences between quadro and geforce drivers - have you tried installing the latter?) what could be the reason, sorry...

@StaFForD:

If you'd check what card he has, you'd notice that it's quadro version of GTX280M so talking about lack of juice (especially regarding 13-years-old game) is so out of discussion ;-)

@zipper wrong game. thats call of duty:uo talking about ultima online though but thats okay thanks anyways.

might there be a way to tweak something in rivatuner that will override the FPS cap in my game? I see things like override refresh rate but thats only for the monitor.