LaptopVideo2Go Forums

x1800 mobilty driver problem

Niroy

Hey.

I have now (since recently) Amilo 1546 with x1800 and already have some problems with video driver on that card. I mean, when i clean install Win 7, it finds my video card as "default vga card" or smth else and when i try to install ati modded drivers nothing happens... There is no problem with video card cause on the hard drive (i bought the notenook with) everything is fine. So now I wonder how to install drivers for my x1800 on other hard drive with clean win 7? The same problem with bluetooth and smth else: the system just doesnt see them. Havent installed any drivers on other disk yet (chipset and so on)

Guest Niroy

Thanks, i've said i used it, but the problem is half-solved: bluetooth is recognized and video card too, but i dont know what driver to install. Windows update downloads catalyst 8.12, but i guess it is better to install a newer driver. I found out that catalyst 9.3 are the latest official drivers for the x1800. But there are also some kind of other drivers called "legacy", that support x1800 even now (10.2 version), but anyway you have to mod it with a mobility modder. However, after modifying legacy 10.2 it wont install properly as it says "cant find ini file" though ini file with my x1800 is in the legacy modded folder, dont know why it doesnt see it. Tried to install through the device manager with "have disk" option. Installs without problems, but windows mark test shows "2.0" for the "video card performance for gaming". Wtf? Ok, i'll try to install previos legacy driver now (9.11)

Guest Niroy

Ok, catalyst legacy 9.11 drivers worked for me (of course with mobility modder), now trying to understand why 10.2 legacy drivers dont work for me. They are also claimed to support the x1800 mobility series... Maybe it is the problem of mobility modder - the version of this utility is quite old, might not support new 10.x drivers...

Well... It came out that the best drivers for x1800 mobility are those, which win 7 installes from the windows update(dont know drivers version, it writes release date 2.5.2009, maybe 8.12). They give 6000 marks in 3dmark 2005 in comparison with 10.2 and 9.11 drivers which showed 5800 and moreover 3dmark didnt work in full screen mode with there drivers...