LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upgrade ASUS C90S 8600GT MXMII

Guest DrShikima

Guest DrShikima

Hello there!

So, here I am posting a couple of years later about my ASUS C90S video card. Currently, it has a 8600M GT MXMII 512MB GPU which I believe has died. I am having a hard time searching for recent, related information in upgrading the video card and what is compatible with it. My understanding is that it is relatively easy to swap GPUs in this model laptop. However, as stated before, I cannot find an exhaustive listing of related GPUs which will fit this particular laptop.

Can anyone provide some detailed information on what the options are?

Thank you in advance.

Hello there!

So, here I am posting a couple of years later about my ASUS C90S video card. Currently, it has a 8600M GT MXMII 512MB GPU which I believe has died. I am having a hard time searching for recent, related information in upgrading the video card and what is compatible with it. My understanding is that it is relatively easy to swap GPUs in this model laptop. However, as stated before, I cannot find an exhaustive listing of related GPUs which will fit this particular laptop.

Can anyone provide some detailed information on what the options are?

Thank you in advance.

I've recently bought an ATI mobility HD3650 mxmII off of "ebay" for $75 (shipping from overseas to US) and it works just fine in replacing my 8600m GT. You can find just about anything over at ebay, and just trust your judgment on who's real and who's fake. Otherwise, you can buy the brand new more expensive ones from the mxm upgrade site. www.mxm-upgrade.com