LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus G1s Original

Sinth

Hi all,

It`s been a while since I used this site, used drivers from here in circa 2008.

I have been using the same drivers since, gave up gaming on it due to (the infamous) overheating.

Here comes the reason for posting again.

My laptop started to pretty much use total fan on and was hot just by general surfing but when using webpages with video content sent it mental.

Today I reset the heatsink with arctic silver 5 and knocked pretty much 20 degrees off the idle cpu temp, which inturn knocked the gpu temp down to 50.

My only concern with looking at stats is that there is some throttling on the gpu when running a benchmark, which has nothing to do with heat it seems now.

Which drivers are the best for me now? I do not have physics as per gpuiz tells me but obviously due to early vista drivers (32bit)

Sorry can`t see what I am typing lol due to the posting space.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Edited by Sinth

If I were you, I would just stick to the latest drivers. 197.75 at the time of this posting.

Thanks Michael, will do. you use them then?

Just go to the driver thread, download the driver and INF, unzip the driver, copy the INF into the driver folder, and run setup.exe.