LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem need help :(

squallzell

Hey guys. Well I have a nvidia 8600m gt and I was trying to update my driver to a newer version. As I was updating I went into safe mode and everything to sweep my drivers clean using driver sweeper pro. I was supposed to sweep nvidia - display but i also sweeped nvidia - chipset. Now even though i freshly uninstall my driver, when it reboots my driver is still there and it says windows could not execute nvidia. Solutions anyone? :)

Hey guys. Well I have a nvidia 8600m gt and I was trying to update my driver to a newer version. As I was updating I went into safe mode and everything to sweep my drivers clean using driver sweeper pro. I was supposed to sweep nvidia - display but i also sweeped nvidia - chipset. Now even though i freshly uninstall my driver, when it reboots my driver is still there and it says windows could not execute nvidia. Solutions anyone? :)

BTW the message says there is a problem with the registry, something is damaged.

Can you still boot into safemode?

Try to reinstall the chipset drivers in safemode

Yah i can boot fine but i dont know where to get the chipset drivers from :)

Guest General Frags

Yah i can boot fine but i dont know where to get the chipset drivers from :)

I always clean the nvidia chipset never had a problem with it, the drivers themselves contain the neccessary info, if you need those drivers for a motherboard though best to got to nvidia direct as it will all be there on their site support portal.