LaptopVideo2Go Forums

bluescreen nvlddmkm.sys - Geforce 8600M GS

dakoll

Hey guys,

hopefully there´s anyone here who can help me with this damn problem.

***STOP: 0x00000116 (0x85167008, 0x8ED093E0, 0x00000000, 0x00000002)

*** nvlddmkm.sys - Adress 8ED093E0 base at BEC1D000, DataStamp4ba0423a

Collecting data for crash dump...

This problem appeared first as I tried to install ProEvolution soccer. Obviously the the geforce 8600m GS could not handle it and caused the crash dump. well, thats what I am thinking. So when the geforce is installed or whenever I try to install it the notebook will not start. the windows logo appears and shortly after that the bluescreen with the crash dump.

I have to reboot in safe mode and uninstall the geforce drivers, restrt the notebook and it ll just start fine with the VGA Standard graphic card/board (what do u say? graphic card or graphic board?) So, the notebook works just fine as long as I don´t try to install the geforce 8600M GS. And it sucks not having it installed :)

I tried many different graphic card drivers.As I ve got an HP Pavillion dv9780 I tried their driver first without success. I tried many different drivers from the nvidia page and the modified drivers from this page. I changed my OS from winvista to win7 now, I updated the bios and the chip set drivers. Nothing works, whenever I try to install the geforce 8600M GS I get the bluescreen right or a few minutes after the windows logo.

I downloaded RivaTuner to monitor the temperature and it shows 72-78 core temperature...

Thats the system I m using:

Notebook: HP Pavilion dv9700 (9780eg)

Prozessor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU

T7500 @ 2.20 GHz

RAM: 2,00 GB

Grafikkarte: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS

Hopefully you guys can help. thx a lot

cheers dakoll

Simple answer: Your gpu is dying. If it is MXM, get a replacement (or bake it), if not, well...call HP/take it to a computer shop/ or buy a new laptop.

try heating up the gpu chipset drop us an email an ill take u through it dannyg1981@hotmail.co.uk

• 1 month later...
Guest woofwoof

hi have almost the same damn problem

hp dv9700, win7 64 ultimate, worked fine with 257.15 and modified inf, till i watched a video in fullscreen, crashed with the nvlddmkm.sys bsod, system restored, no go, laptop will no longer boot with any nvidia drivers.

Clean install to win7 32 ultimate, no drivers work. blackscreen on startup with any nvidia drivers....

someone please help i AM BEGGINNNNGGGG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I've a Benq Laptop which has a 8600M GS graphics card, last few days I have the same problem as the topic starter: no graphic driver work. On some forum they sad put your computer on the bed and run it about 20-30 minutes. I've do the same (in linux) and after installing the driver, its work again.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have got toshiba sateliteL 735 and got Nvidia Geforce 315M with windowds 7.Most of our programm

Runs in Win XP.So we downgraded to win XP.But we are not able to find the driver for Nvidia Geforce 315M

Running in Win XP.Especially driver file nvlddmkm.sy.Please provide us the driver file nvlddmkm which is compatible

In XP.

PLease Help

Hi,

I have got toshiba sateliteL 735 and got Nvidia Geforce 315M with windowds 7.Most of our programm

Runs in Win XP.So we downgraded to win XP.But we are not able to find the driver for Nvidia Geforce 315M

Running in Win XP.Especially driver file nvlddmkm.sy.Please provide us the driver file nvlddmkm which is compatible

In XP.