LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT Driver- Best Performance?

sting9701

Been awhile since I updated my driver. Unfortunately, I'm not at home and can't check it but it was well over a year ago.

Can anyone recommend a stable driver for gaming that will increase performance (and hopefully not overheat or make the graphics too bad)

I currently get 30-60fps in Team Fortress 2 on a 32 server.

For some reason, both Left 4 Dead and L4D2 have always given me fps problems. It will get less than 20 frames at times.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Been awhile since I updated my driver. Unfortunately, I'm not at home and can't check it but it was well over a year ago.

Can anyone recommend a stable driver for gaming that will increase performance (and hopefully not overheat or make the graphics too bad)

I currently get 30-60fps in Team Fortress 2 on a 32 server.

For some reason, both Left 4 Dead and L4D2 have always given me fps problems. It will get less than 20 frames at times.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I've got the same gpu as you in a Dell Inspiron 1520 (c2d 2.0Ghz). With the latest drivers (197 series), which you can download directly from nvidia I get between 40-70 fps on tf2 (average usually around 50-60).

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us to download the latest driver.

Try the 188.25 as they give me 80+ FPS on Left 4 Dead 2 and 90-100+ on L4D1 [60-80FPS on Battlefield 2 with everything on high, same for BF2142, COD4, etc.] - Give them a try.