LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics Touchpad Driver v15.0.13.3 Released

Michael Marley

I just found this driver at Station-Drivers. It works well, and still has support for two-finger scrolling that was introduced earlier in the 15.0.x.x series.

Synaptics v15.0.13.3

Guest chris

Just installed this and have installed previous versions and have never had two-finger scrolling as an option in the settings area. Any ideas? Touchpad also jumps around like crazy when tap two different fingers. I hate this cheap piece of junk laptop :)

Did you uninstall the old drivers, a pretty specific warning popped up when I tried to install these about old drivers. The 2 finger scroll, the 3 finger app launch (set to Calculator) and 3 finger flip are pretty neat. Wish I had them on my desktop, but will come in handy on my notebook.

Guest chris

Yes, I uninstalled the old drivers. I've done some research and have determined that my specific touchpad hardware just does not support multi-touch gestures. It is Synaptics Touchpad V6.2. From what I've read, only V6.3+ have the multi-touch functionality enabled. I've tried every driver there is, including the modded drivers.

Yes, I uninstalled the old drivers. I've done some research and have determined that my specific touchpad hardware just does not support multi-touch gestures. It is Synaptics Touchpad V6.2. From what I've read, only V6.3+ have the multi-touch functionality enabled. I've tried every driver there is, including the modded drivers.

In my experience, that isn't true. My mom has an older Dell laptop with a 6.2 touchpad, and multitouch works just fine with it.

Where do I look to see what version of the TouchPad I have?

BTW I hope you dont mind if I borrow your avatar Michael Marley, its a really nice one

ACPI\SYN1105
*SYN1105

Edited by ricktendo64

Guest Grebbler

Thank you Mr. Marley. You have given me a treat.

Last week I found the v 10.x modified Acer driver and have been so hooked on the momentum feature that I hate using my old Dell that only supports vertical scrolling.

And with your gift I have added 2 and 3 finger stuff to the fun!

Thanks again.

Ed

Where do I look to see what version of the TouchPad I have?

BTW I hope you dont mind if I borrow your avatar Michael Marley, its a really nice one

ACPI\SYN1105
*SYN1105

You have to look in the Synaptics page of the mouse control panel. Start>ControlPanel>Mouse>DeviceSettings. There, it will tell you which version you have.

I would prefer if you don't use my avatar though, since some users (including myself) use it to identify posts made by me. I will, however, tell you how I made it so that you can make another one of your own. First, I got the two images I wanted (both alpha-channel PNGs) and pasted them as separate layers into the GIMP. I started with the Intel image at 100% opacity and the Nvidia image at 0%. I then changed the opacities, adding 10% to the Nvidia image and subtracting 10% from the Intel image. After each time I changed the opacities, I saved another PNG file with the contents. (Make sure you give it a descriptive name, it will be important later.) After I had saved all the images (going to 0% on the Intel image and 100% on the Nvidia image, I used the Firefox APNG editor plugin (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5519/) and added all of my images in order, setting the time period for each to 16.67ms (approximately the amount of time a frame is displayed on a 60hz monitor). On the last image (Intel 0%, nvidia 100%), I set it to wait longer (sorry, I forgot how long). Finally, I added the same images except in reverse order, pausing at the end for the Intel image. This accomplishes the effect of fading back and forth between the images, pausing at each. If you need any more help, just ask.

I would ask that if/when you make your avatar, you keep it different from mine, just to avoid any identity problems that may occur. Thanks!

I got a LuxPad v6.2, thnx and avatar dun gone

Edited by ricktendo64