LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT 512mb and W7

furtivo

I have this laptop:

Ahtec Sense XMS1719WU Duo: 17.1" WXGA+ (1440x900), 8600M GT 512MB, Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4Ghz/4MB, 2x2GB DDR2 667Mhz, 250GB 5400rpm, Robston, Wifi N...

I used to have Win XP x86 but this week I decided to upgrade it to W7 Ultimate x64, i looked for new drivers for everything, etc.

The problem is that now i'm having a very low performance. I'm having a lot of "lag" (i don't know the correct word, slowdowns? sttutering? FPS decay?)

I was trying different drivers:

188.25 (this is what i'm trying now, i think it works better than the other one but still 20-30 fps with COD4)

I dont know which drivers had before the change, but i think it was old

I had the following games in my pc:

CS: Source

COD 4

WOW

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2

Borderlands (it didnt work fine, but it was playable)

Red Faction Guerrilla (it didnt works fine before)

COD MW2 (whith low video option i have pass all the single player without problems)

Now i'm having problems with the first ones (CS, COD4, etc) and i havent tryed the other ones yet

Would you mind to tell me the "correct" driver? And the "correct" video options?

PD: This laptop is so hot 60-70ºC in the cores and GPU. Is it normal? No overclock

PD2: I'm sorry about my poor english, three year without practice is a long time...

No one has any idea?