LaptopVideo2Go Forums

310M nVidia, expand desktop to 2nd screen

Principio

I use an external monitor that is standing above the laptop, and I would like to expand the desktop to that second monitor. Will say: I would love to move the mouse upwards to where the monitor actually stands, not to the side. The nvidia-Software just lets me place this 2nd monitor beside the laptop, not above the laptop. I have just changed back from my linux experience used with an 2 years old laptop (with intel video chip), and in the settingst there I was used simply to drag and drop the monitor to whereever I liked to.

I have updated to latest driver 197.01 2010-03-09, used on a Sony Vaio VPCF11C5E (nVidia 310M)

--> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_9067104D

Anyone with the same experience?

Anyone with a solution?

Thank you in advance.

You use the windows display page (where you can change resolution) to drag and move the screens relative to each other.

Windows has supported this with multi-monitors since at least windows XP.

Yes, I never even tried but seems to work.

It has been supported ever since Win98, when multi-monitor support was first introduced.