LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Geforce/ION 257.15 Driver released

Guest ukur

New driver, same old problem...No Sony VAIO support, F%#K!!!

That would be Sony's fault.

Guest Thomas

Working just fine, though I'm not seeing much of a difference in performance - maybe a small percentage here and there, but overall much the same as 197.44 (the last driver I was using).

That would be Sony's fault.

I know, that's who I blame

Miguel do you know why?

Is it because they failed to pay NVIDIA for a service or something, or are just too lazy to update the drivers themselves?

Edited by ricktendo64

I know, that's who I blame

Miguel do you know why?

Is it because they failed to pay NVIDIA for a service or something, or are just too lazy to update the drivers themselves?

You'll find that Sony are kings of only supplying the driver that comes with the machine

each driver update will cost them and eat into profits.

Best to put up with a few grumbly users, than loose a $1

Toshiba are only slightly better

Clevo based machines are slightly better again

Dell and ASUS are probably the best with updated driver support

Yea I knew about Toshiba, I have a Qosmio G35-AV600 (Geforce Go 7300) now I have a VAIO VGN-AR870 (Geforce 8600M GT) and I am finding Sony is even worse

Thank goodness for 197.45 whql and the modded drivers on this site, if it weren't for both I would be stuck with old, crappy, out of date drivers

Edited by ricktendo64

if your 3D settings don't stick (i.e. they go back to defaults) in the control panel, click the 'Restore' button under Manage 3D settings, then Apply. Then select the settings you want and they should not reset to defaults now.

Been having this same problem with my GTX 480's 3D settings not sticking. Came upon this post with Google, did exactly what you said and it works! You just made my day man!

i have this laptop since 186.xx forceware time and never got an update in any score and performance always seemed so similar until 197.xx

im using official verde version not modded and it is a super cool driver my aero score went from 3.6 to 3.9 and FIFA10 runs a lot smoother! :)

Edited by Beyond

Performance and benchmark-wise this driver is nothing extraordinary.

if your 3D settings don't stick (i.e. they go back to defaults) in the control panel, click the 'Restore' button under Manage 3D settings, then Apply. Then select the settings you want and they should not reset to defaults now.

Seems to work for me, too. But still I have a feeling there's something wrong with the Control Panel, it flashes and stutters when changing settings like never before. Odd.

No bugs or glitches yet, only been running it for about a day. Not noticing much of improvements in fps as others have. Temps are pretty much the same. So pretty much stable I guess, I will add if I find new info out.

My Desktop is:

Intel I7-920@3.675

12GB G.Skill 1333@1400

BFG GTX 295(stock speeds)

2x OCZ Vertex 32GB SSD Raid 0

2x WD Raptors Raid 0

Cooler Master V10 Hybrid TEC

Asus Rampage II Extreme

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Enermax 1050 Watt PS

Edited by GodfreyOuwens